Roll up! Roll up!! Get the answer you're looking for RIGHT here. NO problem too big..

horselady

Visit site
My mare has hair on her feet! Oh my gosh she must be terribly terribly ill! Any thoughts on what it could be?

Last edited:

Cowpony

Visit site
She clearly has that well known disease Hobbitus Hirsuitus. You need to dose her up with Aloe Vera and Turmeric, smear her chest with elbow grease and get a horse communicator to come and tell her to get better immediately. Definitely works!

Cowpony

Visit site
Ah, well, it's quite difficult to tell the difference between cobbus and hobbitus. Is she mugging you for treats or licking your wedding ring? If she's mugging you it's definitely cobbus, but if she's licking your ring it's hobbitus. The trouble is that the treatment for cobbus makes hobbitus much much worse, and vice versa, so you need to be really sure before you treat her. The treatment for cobbus is to switch on your clippers and walk towards her slowly. She will shake so much that the hair will drop off, but you then need to gather up all the dropped hair and bury it under a willow tree if you want to stop it coming back.

horselady

Visit site
Ah, well, it's quite difficult to tell the difference between cobbus and hobbitus. Is she mugging you for treats or licking your wedding ring? If she's mugging you it's definitely cobbus, but if she's licking your ring it's hobbitus. The trouble is that the treatment for cobbus makes hobbitus much much worse, and vice versa, so you need to be really sure before you treat her. The treatment for cobbus is to switch on your clippers and walk towards her slowly. She will shake so much that the hair will drop off, but you then need to gather up all the dropped hair and bury it under a willow tree if you want to stop it coming back.
Oh dear she mugs you for treats and licks my mum's wedding ring! Could it be featherus maximus d'you think?

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I think featherus maximus is only found in shires and clydesdales isn't it? Does she have one of those in her breeding?

I'm up-hawled that there are folk out there actually BREEDING featherus maximuses.

I mean... why?!

Visit site
hey my six year old has been sat on once and only jumped four foot in the air when a blade of grass touched her hoof should I sell her to a riding school as she's too quiet for me?!

Seriously though i can relate.
What is with idiots and horses?

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
hey my six year old has been sat on once and only jumped four foot in the air when a blade of grass touched her hoof should I sell her to a riding school as she's too quiet for me?!

Seriously though i can relate.
What is with idiots and horses?

What?? Are you serious?! That is a serious sj prospect. You should be selling her as a "STUNNING" mare a future BSJA superstar.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Dear PF,

I accidently dropped my new and very expensive riding hat (it has lots of safety standards) and it fell apart. :( Will gluing it back together with some pritt stick be OK or would gaffer tape be better?

only_me

Visit site
I've just bought myself a new horse. In fact it's a pony but because it's a highland it can easily carry my 18stone. Ive bought him to do endurance as i assume he would naturally be used to hills and rocky ground so don't need to practice riding over that at home making it easy. He's 4 and has already done hacking with his breeder so he's ready to go out and I'm hoping to do that golden horseshoe thingy with him next year.
He seems quiet enough and hoping to put my 90 year old mother on her (seems only right that she should also ride him as they always behave really well for the queen and so should be totally safe). She hasn't ridden before but Im sure she will be grand.

But I keep hearing about all these "crews" on endurance rides - what are these? Are they like paparazzi?
Someone also mentioned that I'd need a super comfy saddle; but all I've seen are "tree-d" saddles. These don't sound very nice and also sound hard,, do they do pillow or memory foam ones?

D66

Visit site
I've just bought myself a new horse. In fact it's a pony but because it's a highland it can easily carry my 18stone. Ive bought him to do endurance as i assume he would naturally be used to hills and rocky ground so don't need to practice riding over that at home making it easy. He's 4 and has already done hacking with his breeder so he's ready to go out and I'm hoping to do that golden horseshoe thingy with him next year.
He seems quiet enough and hoping to put my 90 year old mother on her (seems only right that she should also ride him as they always behave really well for the queen and so should be totally safe). She hasn't ridden before but Im sure she will be grand.

But I keep hearing about all these "crews" on endurance rides - what are these? Are they like paparazzi?
Someone also mentioned that I'd need a super comfy saddle; but all I've seen are "tree-d" saddles. These don't sound very nice and also sound hard,, do they do pillow or memory foam ones?
At 18 stone you have probably grown your own padding so won't need a pillow or memory foam saddle. Crews are peeps who tip cold water over you at pit stops, and carry your sandwiches and vodka. You could ask them to take pics as well.

buy your mum a TB, she won't be able to kick hard enough to get a highland going.

Last edited:

turnbuckle

Visit site
Can i ask you guys for some advice?

My daughter has been riding for 3 years how and has been lucky enough to go to some of the top riding teachers, who all agree she's super-talented. Well last month we bought her a new horse for her birthday. I'm not into the detail but is has a long German name and is a kind of pale coffee colour. It has won all sorts of competitions, and I have to tell you it wasn't cheap at £40,000. Still, way cheaper than a new car I guess :)

She has had it a month and hasn't won anything. It also keeps knocking over showjumps.

I know there are a lot of dodgy dealers in the horse world. Do you think we've been had?