Roll up! Roll up!! Get the answer you're looking for RIGHT here. NO problem too big..

albeg

Visit site
Dear PF,

I accidently dropped my new and very expensive riding hat (it has lots of safety standards) and it fell apart. :( Will gluing it back together with some pritt stick be OK or would gaffer tape be better?

If it was really expensive a bit of sellotape will suffice.

No no no. Silage tape. Though it's not porous so if it was the vented part you'll need to use something else. Maybe washi tape, then it'd be really pretty.

only_me

Visit site
At 18 stone you have probably grown your own padding so won't need a pillow or memory foam saddle. Crews are peeps who tip cold water over you at pit stops, and carry your sandwiches and vodka. You could ask them to take pics as well.

buy your mum a TB, she won't be able to kick hard enough to get a highland going.

But I need my derrière to be cushioned; would one of those bare back pads be any good? I'm only planning to canter the rides as walking would take too long. Plus I don't want to get any saddle sores, I've heard they are very painful.
Good to know about the crews, but I'd Decline the open shower I think. Getting undressed on the horse could be a bit of an issue, not to mention uncomfortable. Do they serve gin? I'm also partial to a fish and chip, so could they provide these?
Are they like golf caddies?

My mother would love a tb as they look so elegant and look like so much fun, she'd love to have a go at racing. But I've been told they need to be ridden more than once a month so it's out for me, I can't cope with more than that cos of work.

Last edited:

MagicMelon

Visit site
My sons Dartmoor pony keeps escaping under/over/through electric tape to get to the grass that adds a stone to just look at. The electric is attached to the mains, however can I just plug it right into the mains itself bypassing the box which makes it too pleasant a level for her? I think she needs a zap big enough to floor a large african elephant (which is the size she will return to at this rate). Otherwise, shall I just duct tape her mouth shut? Ive got black duct tape or grey duct tape. Oh and I have Washi tape to make her look pretty at the same time?

Backtoblack

Visit site
Dear pf my garden has a garage in it and we park our car on the drive. Could I my daughter keep a pony in there? A local man has some pretty ginger and white babies for sale he says they are called colts, they are only little and cute, would four fit in the garage then all my kids could have a pet each? They sell hay for rabbits down the pet shop,will the baby ponies eat this hay? Will one bag a week be enough for them,we don't have a lot of money so can't fork out on expensive things.

albeg

Visit site
Dear pf my garden has a garage in it and we park our car on the drive. Could I my daughter keep a pony in there? A local man has some pretty ginger and white babies for sale he says they are called colts, they are only little and cute, would four fit in the garage then all my kids could have a pet each? They sell hay for rabbits down the pet shop,will the baby ponies eat this hay? Will one bag a week be enough for them,we don't have a lot of money so can't fork out on expensive things.

Can you paint lines on the floor of the garage so each pony knows which is their space? Otherwise they might fight over the rabbit hay.

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Dear cantforkout
Yes, of course four colts would fit in your garage but you must put them inside the car, two in the front and two in the back, so you can sell them next year as experienced ride and drive.
Also don't forget to take a lot of photos of them with your children quick, before they get bored of them or savaged by them whichever is the soonest.
Yours,
sadly not PF

Lois Lame

Visit site
Dear cantforkout
Yes, of course four colts would fit in your garage but you must put them inside the car, two in the front and two in the back, so you can sell them next year as experienced ride and drive.
Also don't forget to take a lot of photos of them with your children quick, before they get bored of them or savaged by them whichever is the soonest.
Yours,
sadly not PF
Oh gosh, I snorted at that one.

humblepie

Visit site
Dear cantforkout
Yours,
sadly not PF
Rather like how do you get to Wales in a mini
Down the M4
Or one in the front and one in the back.
Works much better out loud.

You honour PF very well