SACKED

Lois Lame

Visit site
Would any future employee find that out? I don't think so.

ETA: Oh, hang on, maybe they would. But in my place of work, when someone was suspended and then terminated (if that's what happened after being suspended) we'd know nothing other than the person was for some reason not present.

It was only much, much later that the penny would drop. You had to know the right people who would let on.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site

ETA: Oh, hang on, maybe they would. But in my place of work, when someone was suspended and then terminated (if that's what happened after being suspended) we'd know nothing other than the person was for some reason not present.

It was only much, much later that the penny would drop. You had to know the right people who would let on.

Any future employer would be appraised of her employment history. There can be no secrets in education. Any unaccounted for day is researched, as part of DBS/Safeguarding checks. Colleagues wouldn't find out, unless for some reason the person in question decided to tell them. Education managers are also very good at keeping secrets, we do it all the time about pupils' families.

honetpot

Visit site

It all depends on the terms of the termination.

Sossigpoker

Visit site
A future employer could ask for a reference, including why the employment ended. Don't know how often they actually do check for things like reason for leaving previous role.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
A future employer could ask for a reference, including why the employment ended. Don't know how often they actually do check for things like reason for leaving previous role.

As said before, DBS/Safeguarding checks need to have every day accounted for. Teachers who have been dismissed because of safeguarding issues are listed with DfE (List 99) and are not allowed to teach/work with children again.