Saddle sale problem

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Best of luck that the saddle comes back in proper condition.

This is just odd. I am absolutely in support of customer service and being both transparent and helpful to a buyer, but I also feel like a buyer bears some responsibility in a transaction.

Baywonder

Visit site
That is unbelievable! I cannot understand why they took the side of the buyer in this situation. Oh well, let's hope you get your saddle back promptly and in the same condition as when it was sent out.

holeymoley

Visit site
It didn’t state. Only that ‘on this occasion we have decided to side with the buyer, they have 10 working days to send .... etc etc ‘ or words to that effect.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
That is ridiculous, I think you should appeal if you can.

I have an £800 WOW dressage saddle for sale and there is absolutely no way now that I will accept PayPal unless they use friends and family, with no comeback. I'm not happy with how Ebay side with the buyer either, so it'll be going on Preloved.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
How very unfair! ridiculous decision from paypal ! :oops: I am not entirely surprised though this sort of decision making by both paypal and ebay seems to now be the norm. I have removed half my business from ebay purely because they offer little or no protection from buyers who are scamming or attempting to scam. the service offered by both of them is stacked in favour of the buyer regardless as far as I can see :mad:

holeymoley

Visit site
Sorry to bore you all with updates-

saddle arrived back this evening, thankfully the correct one and with no obvious damage I can see. I thought fine, refund and move on. Decided to take the tape measure to the seat, low and behold it’s a 17” as advertised. I’m fuming again lol o_O. I think I’m more so annoyed at PayPal for their rubbish outcome.

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Glad you got it back in one piece and I did warn you about paypal, I have been f****d over by them and ebay more times than I care to remember selling items I have made on ebay and privately, been done on both. I now refuse to take paypal on my website and anyone who has bought off me knows I only take Bank Transfers, paypal are the scammer's heaven. DON'T use paypal again to try to sell. No matter what evidence you send paypal, they ALWAYS side with the buyer.
I have sent them emails /messages from buyers stating they received the goods, yet paypal still refund them the whole lot back and totally ignore my evidence, no faith in them at all anymore
Oz

holeymoley

Visit site
Glad you got it back in one piece and I did warn you about paypal, I have been f****d over by them and ebay more times than I care to remember selling items I have made on ebay and privately, been done on both. I now refuse to take paypal on my website and anyone who has bought off me knows I only take Bank Transfers, paypal are the scammer's heaven. DON'T use paypal again to try to sell. No matter what evidence you send paypal, they ALWAYS side with the buyer.
I have sent them emails /messages from buyers stating they received the goods, yet paypal still refund them the whole lot back and totally ignore my evidence, no faith in them at all anymore
Oz

thanks for your help with this- yes I will never use PayPal again, I always thought they were pretty reasonable but absolutely disgraceful from a sellers point of view.
I’ve since logged back on to issue the refund ?, and it’s now saying it’s under review? I don’t know what’s going on- it sided with the buyer and showed me the delivery details of the saddle getting sent back and now it’s under review again?!

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
thanks for your help with this- yes I will never use PayPal again, I always thought they were pretty reasonable but absolutely disgraceful from a sellers point of view.
I’ve since logged back on to issue the refund ?, and it’s now saying it’s under review? I don’t know what’s going on- it sided with the buyer and showed me the delivery details of the saddle getting sent back and now it’s under review again?!

Sounds like they just haven't updated their system. I asked once what was going on as it said "under review" for a few weeks, must have woken them up as without talking to me about the situation (I provided evidence my buyer had got the items when they said they didn't) they refunded the buyer there and then and shut the case. I have since learnt not to ask them anything or it goes against you, no trust it them at all. As you can tell I really hate them and not without good reason, lost a lot of money thanks to them.