Should I hit the panic button?

Fransurrey

Visit site
Good luck, CI. Not the news you wanted, but I suspect that will change when you meet the foal! A friend of mine had Reolink and was really happy with it.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Oh no news .
My longest wait was from two weeks ( mare was bagged and waxed )before the due date and a month after we got cctv after three weeks I was exhausted .
It was maiden mare and early for foaling here and the weather was terrible she hung on and on.

Caol Ila

Visit site
No updates, I'm afraid. She's holding out. Looked really promising Sunday morning. Lots of pacing, lying down, getting up, and weeing a lot, but then she settled and started grazing. I'm home now but can get boobie pics when I go out later. Hopefully my camera will arrive today so I can watch her from my sofa.

She's finally relaxed in her field, anyway. She's lying down for naps. Hopefully that means she'll crack on with this foal. I hate this waiting. But I guess it's what they do.

PurBee

Visit site
I love foals ?

Before looking after a foal, i kinda liked them thought they were cute etc...

But having ‘raised one’...ohhh god yes, i love them, they so playful and curious, really bring a lot of happiness to your day.
They havent been taught what to fear so are quite brave too, which for a domesticated animal is good to capitalise on, dont be afraid of exposing foal to noises, farm machinery etc....early natural desensitisation. Tarps flapping over wood piles etc.. My foal now 8 is courageous and brave with a sensible amount of caution.
The only thing i missed de-sensitising before 18 months was spray bottles....my god...use them on his feet fine as i always did....but body? He’s sure the mist will kill him ?
Whereas the other horse, mainly exposed to square stable and square field growing up, avoids everything she doesnt know what it is. Far more afraid of ‘new’ stuff.

Hermosa sounds very near...unless foal moving around inside her pre labour weeks causes maiden mares to pace/lay down due to the ‘weird’ sensations?

Asha

Visit site
Vet didn't think it was weeks. She thought it was more like days. I hope she's right.

Vets can get it wrong.. especially with maiden mares. Vet came to see my girl as her caslicked had resealed. Mmm she said .. youve got at least another week, foal came next day.

Good photos of udders/vulva/ tail head area and belly shape will help.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Before looking after a foal, i kinda liked them thought they were cute etc...

But having ‘raised one’...ohhh god yes, i love them, they so playful and curious, really bring a lot of happiness to your day.
so much this!
the various lockdowns and restrictions last year more or less passed me by because the only place i wanted to be was at the nursery field anyway :D