Should I hit the panic button?

Asha

Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks it doesn't look imminent from the photos?
I guess I worked at a stud/foaled broodmares rather than maiden 3 year olds but...

Happy to be wrong - as that way Caol Ila might get more sleep :D but...

From the photos posted I agree with you . Hopefully we can get some more and get a better idea. Foal watching through the forum is so much easier and less tiring ?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I guess I worked at a stud/foaled broodmares rather than maiden 3 year olds but...

I would guess at least a week to ten days.

So I’m going for a bay filly on 17th June.

Last edited:

meleeka

Visit site
I would guess at least a week to ten days.

So I’m going for a bay filly on 17th June.
How can you tell that from the photos?

I’d agree she doesn’t look that pregnant just from photos but perhaps like people her young muscles are holding it in tightly.

I’m happy to take the word of the two experience people that have seen her in the flesh and am checking back often ?

Spirit2021

Visit site

Yeah I agree personally it looks like to me that she still has a good 2 to 3 months just by looking at the photos. I could be completely wrong my current yard has broodmares and there look a lot bigger than what op horse looks like.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Wowza things have escalated somewhat! I'm sorry it wasn't the outcome you hoped for CI and at an already tricky time, but I hope there will be some positives in among the stress of it! Will keep my fingers crossed all goes as smoothly as possible and will look forward to some foal pics soon :)

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Yeah I agree personally it looks like to me that she still has a good 2 to 3 months just by looking at the photos. I could be completely wrong my current yard has broodmares and there look a lot bigger than what op horse looks like.

A ‘broodmare’ will always be bigger than a maiden, so there’s not really any comparison to be made between the two.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Both and vet and YO, who know their sh1t, think it's very, very soon. I'm happy to go with that

I have my camera and will set it up when we go to the yard. I'll take some pictures of the horse as well
I hope the camera will give you a bit more peace of mind. I am going for a bay colt with a white face and two white socks on thursday;)