Should I hit the panic button?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
if the YO knows what she's doing, you're in the best place then, your mare is settled and happy, and you have help at hand. it'll be Ok, highly inconvenient sure but you may find you enjoy it just a tiny bit once the shock settles down. It's a temporary problem, i think that's the most important thing to remember.

Annagain

Visit site
Ok, deep breath. Not the end of the world. She's with someone knowledgeable so you have a plan for the imminent arrival. Once little one is here, you make a decision about the next step. In some ways sooner rather than later is good as you lose less time. Hope all goes well for the birth.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Pregnant. Very. Due imminently. All decisions are out of our hands because vet says she’s too far gone to move. Yard owner knows her sh1t, she’s had foals, and she will help us deal.

Can’t f£)£££king believe it. You can’t write this stuff.

Oh {string of unrepeatable words}

Deep breaths, CI, you'll cope.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Wow…..once you ve got your head around it..I saw on central Scotland livery yards a place of over 250acres offering young stock livery (and retirement/grass livery etc)..I was wondering if it was the person on here who thought she d been offering livery too cheaply a few weeks ago. I’m thinking Airdrie way but I could be wrong but might be a possibility if current livery feels unable to help long term. It’s another learning curve for you to be sure…but I for one am looking forward to the photos.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Oh carpsticks. At least YO knows her stuff and will help. It's going to be a bit of a shock but nothing to be done except get on with it!

Stiff gin required!

Shady

Visit site
Oh **********
I know it's not want you want but If it's any consolation I was the one who told my friend her mare was clearly pregnant when she shouldn't have been and she had screaming abdabs , as did her OH. She also has ME, limited energy and money and the whole concept of a foal was too much for her....until the filly arrived and she was so beautiful in every way. She enjoyed every moment of watching her grow and develop into a stunning youngster who she then sold for a respectable sum to a great home.
You're just gonna have to crack on love . xxxxx

Odyssey

Visit site
I'm sorry that it's not the news you were hoping for, but glad that at least the yard owner knows her stuff. You must be feeling in shock, it's hard to believe that this has happened this week of all weeks, but I think you'll cope better than you expect. At least it should be a quality foal, so will be desirable when the time comes to sell.

Baywonder

Visit site
Oh lawks! :oops:

Sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for. It will be fine, and with the help of your YO, you will come out the other side.

Spirit2021

Visit site
Pregnant. Very. Due imminently. All decisions are out of our hands because vet says she’s too far gone to move. Yard owner knows her sh1t, she’s had foals, and she will help us deal.

Can’t f£)£££king believe it. You can’t write this stuff.
Maybe you mare that has passed away has sent you the foal to heal your broken heart. Sorry for the previous replies I was just worried because my friend didn’t have a good experience with a breeder. At least you have a yard owner that is experienced so she will help you.

Asha

Visit site
At least you are on a yard where the owner knows their stuff . Take all the help and advice you can from her.
Take a breath..
Your mare is young so you couldn’t do anything with her. SOS he’s not missing out on any education. Hopefully the safe arrival of a foal bring you some joy . I will look forward to cute foal photos !