Shwmae horse products

Status
Not open for further replies.

bexcy-bee

Visit site
You'd think they'd be starting to sweat a bit more it's all coming out...what's the legal consequences of all their actions, anyone know? Civil or criminal?

I'm inclined to think it's still civil, though the threats would be getting it into criminal...

Bexcy-bee x

Corner Mad House

Visit site
On one of my conversations with the Citizens Advice I did mention that Shwmae had threatened to send the Police round to my house and send solicitors letters to me. Citizens Advice changed the file category to 'Criminal'. This of course is passed on to Trading Standards.

Horseymom

Visit site
Just curious about what Trading standards is exactly. I'm in the US so I thought it might be helpful to know as I purchase from overseas a lot. Here if we have a complaint we file with the Better Business Bureau or the Attorney Generals office. Would that be where someone in the US would complain or in Australia? Do they keep a record of all complaints filed against a particular company and can the public view that? At anytime I can go to the Better Business Bureau here and view or call to find a companies complaints filed. I was just wondering since they do send items worldwide. It might be helpful. Thank you

FionaM12

Visit site
MBL - was one of the aliases 'Japonokab' as that seems to be watching in the grey
and SMF's back as well - shouldn't you be slaving over a hot sewing machine ?

think Japonokab was something from before shwmae thing blew up it. I'm not hundred percentage sure about it but that person appeared to view everyone's profiles

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/foru...s-banned-member-Japonokab&highlight=japonokab

Unconnected I think. The link explains.

MadBlackLab

Visit site
(name removed) It was the post where you talked about people pm'ing you the messages others had sent? There were a few messages about customers not being happy as they hasn't recieved items but you said they were jealous companies?

about an hour ago via mobile

Shwmae Products LTD I will get advice regarding this, thank you

about an hour ago

Complete denial **puts head in hands and shakes**

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
83da3d6920be0783bb4dfd31f2f39e13befc35ad419f8344cf625efc6d9d5003.jpg

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I would just think that if you gave someone the job of customer whatever- and doing the social media etc you would have given them a full lowdown of your current issues and situation.

Corner Mad House

Visit site
I would just think that if you gave someone the job of customer whatever- and doing the social media etc you would have given them a full lowdown of your current issues and situation.

At least with this new person the FB comments are staying up longer !! Maybe they have not ben shown how to delete stuff yet!

ps loved the Manuel pic.

lisa_dundee

Visit site
(name removed) It was the post where you talked about people pm'ing you the messages others had sent? There were a few messages about customers not being happy as they hasn't recieved items but you said they were jealous companies?

about an hour ago via mobile

Shwmae Products LTD I will get advice regarding this, thank you

about an hour ago

Complete denial **puts head in hands and shakes**

They are a total embarrassment! Do they not realise how utterly ridiculous and incompetent they are coming across! CRINGE!

cross

Visit site
this was posted on the Shwmae True Reviews Blocked Customers FB Page

(name removed) Can someone tell me if this company is run by kids !!!! I had some very strange emails when I was trying to get onesies of which I ordered 2 but only got one and no money back just let it go as emails didn't make any sense so couldn't be bothered but might chase it now as it seems everyone is having the same problem

Last edited:

cross

Visit site
Sad but true. According to the Companies own FB page, there are 12 people who have posted within the last couple of days trying to find out where there orders are. :( Lets hope that they will receive them quickly and not be in the same situation as I and many others have found themselves in. ie no product but funds paid.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Sad but true. According to the Companies own FB page, there are 12 people who have posted within the last couple of days trying to find out where there orders are. :( Lets hope that they will receive them quickly and not be in the same situation as I and many others have found themselves in. ie no product but funds paid.

The thing I don't understand is that FB seems to be the only channel by which customers can contact this company - and then the company gets selective/censors those communications. Why don't they have a proper business telephone number (NOT a mobile number) and/or proper communications channels for a) orders; b) returns; c) queries/questions; and d) complaints?

I'm genuinely baffled by this company's business practices. Their social media strategy is beyond appalling, their customer service seems (on the face of it at least) to be non-existent (and that's being kind), and they seem to have no clue about basic customer fulfillment/supply chain/order management.

Although I would never buy one (and I have a grey competition horse who loves to cover himself with stable stains), there is obviously a market for the product . . . it's really frustrating to see current and potential orders being squandered in this cack-handed way. I don't know who is advising this hapless pair, but said "advisors" should be sacked, pronto.

Honestly, it wouldn't take much to get this company back on the straight and narrow:

1) Swallow hard and identify all unhappy customers - reach out to them and offer a sincere apology (without any barbed comments about trolls, poor performance of couriers or any other excuses) and a material incentive to continue to remain customers - and then follow through

2) Stop taking any more orders (or making promotional offers) until ALL customer orders currently in the pipeline (including returns/alterations) have been fulfilled - to customers' full satisfaction

3) Engage marketing/social media, customer fulfillment/customer service and product management professionals to help them overhaul their whole business and go-to-market strategy - and stick to what they're told . . . this should include a FB and web page relaunch (no logo rubbish, but a more professional approach, leaving out public sniping at competitors, customers, fulfillment partners and absolutely NO screengrabs or made up testimonials - and absolutely NO kisses), an overhaul of their supply chain (to include bridge building and fence mending with their suppliers and distributors), a web site which is consistent and professional (there is SO much wrong with the current site it's ridiculous), accountable and reachable customer service representatives (not some poor part-timer on a mobile phone who does it between getting the ponies in/surfing on FB) . . . I could go on and on . . .

4) Have a more reliable product stream - some of the customer issues are to do with fabrics not being available after customer has ordered a product in said fabric . . . that's a fairly easy problem to fix - it requires better relationships with suppliers, a tighter product offering (i.e., not offering the sun, moon and stars, but limiting the fabric choices to what they know the suppliers can ALWAYS supply), and a better understanding/management of orders coming in versus fabric available

Contrary to what SMF says/believes, I have no personal vendetta against this company . . . but the current clusterf*(k is beyond frustrating . . . and the dishonesty is shameful.

If Shwmae, as a company, were honest about their shortfalls and failings and were open to addressing them, they may be able to make a go of things - as it stands, all they seem to want to do is obfuscate and deny, deny, deny.

P

honetpot

Visit site
Having listened to an item on You and Yours, Radio4 today, about a women who has just been sent to prison for fraud, I can see some similarities in this company.
They are a Limited company , so their personal assets are safe. They keep taking orders and perhaps only fill 30%, this gives the company some credibility, the rest of the money is 'lost', they are effectively running the company at a loss, so when you win your small claims judgement there is no assets to pay you. I think somehow customers of this company need to get together and work out how much they have spent as the income is going some where. I am sure their tax returns must make interesting reading.
How many have they actually sold and what are their costs? They are not paying for a proper website, free Facebook and a mobile phone, so their main costs are materials and labour. If they are full filling less orders then they are actually selling of course the profit is greater and you only refund the ones that the customer really make a stink. Not so dumb.
So if all the customers who have paid and not received goods can collate monies received so HMRC can a good idea of what the actual profit is.

dunkley

Visit site
The thing I don't understand is that FB seems to be the only channel by which customers can contact this company - and then the company gets selective/censors those communications. Why don't they have a proper business telephone number (NOT a mobile number) and/or proper communications channels for a) orders; b) returns; c) queries/questions; and d) complaints?

I'm genuinely baffled by this company's business practices. Their social media strategy is beyond appalling, their customer service seems (on the face of it at least) to be non-existent (and that's being kind), and they seem to have no clue about basic customer fulfillment/supply chain/order management.

Although I would never buy one (and I have a grey competition horse who loves to cover himself with stable stains), there is obviously a market for the product . . . it's really frustrating to see current and potential orders being squandered in this cack-handed way. I don't know who is advising this hapless pair, but said "advisors" should be sacked, pronto.

Honestly, it wouldn't take much to get this company back on the straight and narrow:

1) Swallow hard and identify all unhappy customers - reach out to them and offer a sincere apology (without any barbed comments about trolls, poor performance of couriers or any other excuses) and a material incentive to continue to remain customers - and then follow through

2) Stop taking any more orders (or making promotional offers) until ALL customer orders currently in the pipeline (including returns/alterations) have been fulfilled - to customers' full satisfaction

3) Engage marketing/social media, customer fulfillment/customer service and product management professionals to help them overhaul their whole business and go-to-market strategy - and stick to what they're told . . . this should include a FB and web page relaunch (no logo rubbish, but a more professional approach, leaving out public sniping at competitors, customers, fulfillment partners and absolutely NO screengrabs or made up testimonials - and absolutely NO kisses), an overhaul of their supply chain (to include bridge building and fence mending with their suppliers and distributors), a web site which is consistent and professional (there is SO much wrong with the current site it's ridiculous), accountable and reachable customer service representatives (not some poor part-timer on a mobile phone who does it between getting the ponies in/surfing on FB) . . . I could go on and on . . .

4) Have a more reliable product stream - some of the customer issues are to do with fabrics not being available after customer has ordered a product in said fabric . . . that's a fairly easy problem to fix - it requires better relationships with suppliers, a tighter product offering (i.e., not offering the sun, moon and stars, but limiting the fabric choices to what they know the suppliers can ALWAYS supply), and a better understanding/management of orders coming in versus fabric available

Contrary to what SMF says/believes, I have no personal vendetta against this company . . . but the current clusterf*(k is beyond frustrating . . . and the dishonesty is shameful.

If Shwmae, as a company, were honest about their shortfalls and failings and were open to addressing them, they may be able to make a go of things - as it stands, all they seem to want to do is obfuscate and deny, deny, deny.

P

Very, very good points, PE. :) However, for any of your suggestions to be of benefit to the company they would have to be taken on board. Sadly, I don't think it is likely, because that in itself would require the company to be run by adults, rather than petulant children - which is the impression I have gained from reading the awful responses to paying customers both on here, and their 'professional' (very loose term, there) FB page.

Hippona

Visit site
Having listened to an item on You and Yours, Radio4 today, about a women who has just been sent to prison for fraud, I can see some similarities in this company.
They are a Limited company , so their personal assets are safe. They keep taking orders and perhaps only fill 30%, this gives the company some credibility, the rest of the money is 'lost', they are effectively running the company at a loss, so when you win your small claims judgement there is no assets to pay you. I think somehow customers of this company need to get together and work out how much they have spent as the income is going some where. I am sure their tax returns must make interesting reading.
How many have they actually sold and what are their costs? They are not paying for a proper website, free Facebook and a mobile phone, so their main costs are materials and labour. If they are full filling less orders then they are actually selling of course the profit is greater and you only refund the ones that the customer really make a stink. Not so dumb.
So if all the customers who have paid and not received goods can collate monies received so HMRC can a good idea of what the actual profit is.

Very interesting.
So a criminal offense rather than a civil one.....

Status
Not open for further replies.