So I really wasn't looking for another dog....

Shady

Visit site
Freya is beautiful!

Can't wait for more pics :) xxx
:):)
Just had my weekly update from the breeder so popping on two photo's . They are all doing well and i'm amazed at how pretty mine is !
I'm getting a bit impatient now. Such torture waiting for a puppy to grow.
Anyway here she is:)
IMG_6741.JPGIMG_6733.JPG

Shady

Visit site
Outstanding pup..do you know which gray she will be.? Silver gray or gray?Im guessing silver .
Good question B and although the photo shows a silver grey i'm going to bet they will be more mouse grey.
Most here are on the beige spectrum ( beige argent )and blues are almost non existent .
Our first Weim was a beautiful shade of silver beige/ grey that changed with the season, but Odes is darker and more steel/mouse grey with a lesser hint of beige.
I don't mind any of the shades really but I must admit that when I see a good blue or proper silver grey I do think oooh WANT!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
She's big boned isn't she Shady? And gorgeous too, of course!

Shady

Visit site
She's big boned isn't she Shady? And gorgeous too, of course!
You looking at her weirdo legs? yet another thing that starts off rather lumpy looking and then grows to be beautifully slim and long!
She is a very good sized pup though ,so yes i'd agree that for a girl she's big boned. I just always think they look like little piggy pitbulls . I call them pitpigs:)
Iv'e just got back from shopping and somehow some puppy toys ended up in the trolley....:oops::D

Bellasophia

Visit site
my poodles have never been aggressive to a newcomer,but they have tried to play hard..think bounce…so I’ve always put a wooden chair here and there for the pup to take refuge under ,whilst play is paused….and ,of course ,safety gates are a blessing
Cant wait to see the update pics of all the interactions,especially with the gremlins.

Shady

Visit site
my poodles have never been aggressive to a newcomer,but they have tried to play hard..think bounce…so I’ve always put a wooden chair here and there for the pup to take refuge under ,whilst play is paused….and ,of course ,safety gates are a blessing
Cant wait to see the update pics of all the interactions,especially with the gremlins.
That's a good idea regarding a chair or some sort of safe zone. Weims play rough!
The Grems are Odie's babies. He adores them and them him. I'm sure we'll have some eek moments and i'm positive i'll have to call time out fairly often, but i've found both Weims to be fantastic with the cats so i'm not too bothered . I will take pics , don't worry :):D
And who can blame her!
:D:DJust so true. Her long curtain ears were sooooo tempting to naughty little piggy pups. She was so lovely though and I never heard her growl once in 13 years. She just perfected the personal bubble energy and that was that! How I miss her. Odes does too, so I feel we're doing the right thing

Bellasophia

Visit site
I also prefer the blocker heads..in Italyive seen a few with the narrower face and it was not for me.
I almost got a weim,but decided a DDB was more my pace,the Weim would have outrun me for sure.
I came across this link which may be of interest ..it discusses USA,German and British lines..they are said to be very different temperaments,the author goes on the discuss training with respect to origin.

https://projectupland.com/hunting-d...aner-history-profile-and-hunting-dog-story-2/

Shady

Visit site
I also prefer the blocker heads..in Italyive seen a few with the narrower face and it was not for me.
I almost got a weim,but decided a DDB was more my pace,the Weim would have outrun me for sure.
I came across this link which may be of interest ..it discusses USA,German and British lines..they are said to be very different temperaments,the author goes on the discuss training with respect to origin.

https://projectupland.com/hunting-d...aner-history-profile-and-hunting-dog-story-2/
Thank you Bella . That was so interesting . I would love to see some German bred Weims
I think there are certainly some serious breeders left in France who only use dogs who have proven themselves in more than just conformation, but most will not be bothered . I never had dogs in the UK so know nothing about how they are bred there, but in France you have what's called ' cotation' . 1 is for standard and most will only have this, then you can climb to 6 , each number representing an achievement. Some of the best breeders here will not sell unless you visit, explain what you want, where you live etc and then wait until the breeder assesses the pups at 6 weeks and matches one to you so you are both happy. This is what I did with my first Weim . The second came from a very low key breeder who just enjoyed producing the odd litter from good working lines, and Odes, bless him ,is a very smart cookie but he does not have the magnificence of my first one, although in character they are very similar . I'm really looking forward to this little girly Weim arriving and i'm already wondering how a female will compare in training and personality.

Clodagh

Visit site
A friend of mine has Ffee's brother and so sometimes we train together. They are so different in their characters, although I know two of the same gender from the same litter can be different these really are chalk and cheese. It will be interesting to see how yours compare.
How many days now?

Shady

Visit site
A friend of mine has Ffee's brother and so sometimes we train together. They are so different in their characters, although I know two of the same gender from the same litter can be different these really are chalk and cheese. It will be interesting to see how yours compare.
How many days now?
Ready around the 4th of July and the wait is torture now !
It is crazy how different characters can be in the same litter. I had a choice between Odes and his more impressive big brother but I liked Odes character more. He was calmer and more focused somehow. He's actually a bit too smart so I have to be careful what I teach him. Remember the fly masks? I asked him to find them for a reward and he worked out that actually removing them from the horses was just the ticket for a yummy treat. I then had to re teach him that only masks from the ground were to be retrieved, not from the poor horses heads !

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
He's actually a bit too smart so I have to be careful what I teach him. Remember the fly masks? I asked him to find them for a reward and he worked out that actually removing them from the horses was just the ticket for a yummy treat. I then had to re teach him that only masks from the ground were to be retrieved, not from the poor horses heads !

That’s hilarious! Smart lad! I quite like stupid dogs, hence Bear is mine and Zak was the OH’s choice, being the only pup to have worked out how to escape the puppy pen, beeline for the OH and that was it! He didn’t even look at the rest of the litter, probably another 9 pups.

Bear and Zak, despite being brought up similarly and obviously litter mates, are vastly different. Bear lives for food and to please the humans, Zak lives to be naughty and is very independent. Both are ridiculously affectionate.

Shady

Visit site
That’s hilarious! Smart lad! I quite like stupid dogs, hence Bear is mine and Zak was the OH’s choice, being the only pup to have worked out how to escape the puppy pen, beeline for the OH and that was it! He didn’t even look at the rest of the litter, probably another 9 pups.

Bear and Zak, despite being brought up similarly and obviously litter mates, are vastly different. Bear lives for food and to please the humans, Zak lives to be naughty and is very independent. Both are ridiculously affectionate.
I love your two Springers CT. They are beautiful. I used to live in a row of old miners cottages in Cornwall . It was the first house we owned and our neighbour had a Springer who was absolutely gorgeous and a very fine working dog. His one exception for losing the plot a bit was the word chicken , said with extra chickeny sounds afterwards. He'd do zoomies like you wouldn't believe and go hunting for his rubber chicken. Neighbour started renovating and took too much of the inglenook fireplace away by accident and made a hole in it big enough to talk through and get a glimpse of his sofa. We'd wait until he was all comfortable and then yell ' chicken ' as loud as possible. Lol, I can see them both now like it was yesterday, Barney dog in full on hunt the chicken mode and neighbour throwing himself off the sofa like a gun had gone off!.
Just confirmed that we pick up little miss weimy on Monday 5th July at 2pm. We all have time slots over two days as there were 8 in the litter. I chose the first afternoon spot on Monday instead of early evening on the Sunday. More time to settle her in. So excited now!

Moobli

Visit site
And it is so interesting to compare characters in a litter. Will you keep in touch with the breeder and any litter mate owners?
My old GSD, Zak, was the proud father to ten pups and I love keeping in touch with the owners of all the pups. They certainly share some traits but there are many differences in looks and personalities too. Fascinating.

Shady

Visit site
And it is so interesting to compare characters in a litter. Will you keep in touch with the breeder and any litter mate owners?
My old GSD, Zak, was the proud father to ten pups and I love keeping in touch with the owners of all the pups. They certainly share some traits but there are many differences in looks and personalities too. Fascinating.
I'll definitely keep in touch with the breeders. They seem a really nice couple with great passion for the breed. Probably not possible to keep in touch with other owners as none seem to be going locally although i'll see if I can follow via fb perhaps. Apparently there was the usual mix of characters with one very greedy boy, one very dominant pup, a little feisty one and mine middling and very affectionate.

How lovely that you had puppies from your boy and keep in touch :). Iv'e thought about the future with Odes and this little girl, but i'm not going to have pups from them. I know myself well enough to know that i'd want to keep 1 and Rob might adore another and that way lies more chaos than I can deal with, and in all honestly I don't have the skills for 4 Weims.

The differences in a litter of kittens is also fascinating and I can attest that my latest are chalk and cheese, despite being brother and sister.

Moobli

Visit site
I'll definitely keep in touch with the breeders. They seem a really nice couple with great passion for the breed. Probably not possible to keep in touch with other owners as none seem to be going locally although i'll see if I can follow via fb perhaps. Apparently there was the usual mix of characters with one very greedy boy, one very dominant pup, a little feisty one and mine middling and very affectionate.

How lovely that you had puppies from your boy and keep in touch :). Iv'e thought about the future with Odes and this little girl, but i'm not going to have pups from them. I know myself well enough to know that i'd want to keep 1 and Rob might adore another and that way lies more chaos than I can deal with, and in all honestly I don't have the skills for 4 Weims.

The differences in a litter of kittens is also fascinating and I can attest that my latest are chalk and cheese, despite being brother and sister.

If you are all on FB you could start your own group to keep in touch. That's what I did. Zak's pups were born down south and there is where some stayed but four came up here to Scotland and one is in the South of France, lucky boy :)

Antw23uk

Visit site
I did laugh when you wrote 'and reached for the phone' .. :) We'd all by stopped with the idea of a 2nd dog until i saw an advert for some collie puppies locally and before i knew it i was ringing the number (Im usually a cautious message sender first!) Forty minutes later we were playing with a bundle of four week old collie pups and a deposit was paid :D

Shady

Visit site
I did laugh when you wrote 'and reached for the phone' .. :) We'd all by stopped with the idea of a 2nd dog until i saw an advert for some collie puppies locally and before i knew it i was ringing the number (Im usually a cautious message sender first!) Forty minutes later we were playing with a bundle of four week old collie pups and a deposit was paid :D
Hello Ant :).. Haven't seen you for ages !
Collie pups are just too adorable. I would have loved to have just gone straight round and enjoyed puppy mayhem and chosen at the same time . This new reserve when they have literally just been born is not something I personally like doing and in fact I refused before, which is how I found Odes and got to see him and take him at the same time, which was really really lovely.
Miss Weimy is having her primo vax , passport and chip today :)
Food has arrived ....Royal Canin max puppy ......big yuk, but I know the breeders genuinely think they are giving a top grade food and it's very expensive here. I'm not going to fault them . I'll gradually change to my usual one over a couple of weeks. I'm counting the days now and puppy proofing the house just in case ! xx