SO SHY IS GOING TO A RETIREMENT HOME ?

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Shysmum, we are all behind you, just thinking of things that you wont be there to deal with, enjoy the support - i hope it all works out okay
THANKYOU SO MUCH ! I cry every night for my Shyboy, then wake up and realise I did the right thing. But how the hell did he get COPD/ heaves, in the first place, hes led a pampered, but fit life ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

Getbackboys

Visit site
sadly there are sometimes no answers, i put those i dont know the answer to to God, shit happens, life is cruel, but i have to say he looks very happy tucking into the grass without a care in the world, its only us humans who are breaking up inside…..he will be fine, you look after Pepsi and you and your hubby. my shetti is 36 years old trying to upload a pic to say hi but wont accept it as its too big…so big hugs on his behalf…

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
sadly there are sometimes no answers, i put those i dont know the answer to to God, shit happens, life is cruel, but i have to say he looks very happy tucking into the grass without a care in the world, its only us humans who are breaking up inside…..he will be fine, you look after Pepsi and you and your hubby. my shetti is 36 years old trying to upload a pic to say hi but wont accept it as its too big…so big hugs on his behalf…
Oh wow, 36 ! Send the photo to yourself on messenger, then you can upload it here. No idea why ?‍♀️ I know Shy is fine, and that Carla will keep in touch with me. Pepsi and I are enjoying our daily walks. Hes been a star through all this!

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
HERE'S PEPSI, 33 years young. Rescue, emaciated, slipper hooves, worms, eye infections.... you name it.
okay u got me now, what do u mean send it to myself, its in my photos on ipad, i dont have facebook, ……. is messenger the green icon for normal text

I send messages from "gallery" , to my chat avatar on messenger. That seems to condense it enough to be accepted by HHO.

Backtoblack

Visit site
JUST A QUICK UPDATE !

The lady who has taken on Shy is a close friend of the vet. She has taken in two of his ponies, gathered as injured souls from his travels. I have visited, and Shy is blissfully happy with companion, living out full time, which he couldn't do here.

. I know I made the right decision for him. PTS was a wrong one.I can visit whenever I want, and am getting a monthly video. If needs be, my vet or I will act. I trust my vet 100%, its him who set this up.

Pepsi,33, my shetland has come into his own, after the initial shock. We go for walks daily, and he has new friends waiting in the UK.

SO yes, it's worked out well forv both my beloved ponies.
Absolutely brilliant and thank you so much for the update ?

Maxidoodle

Visit site
Has anyone got a way of contacting Shysmum? She was last on the forum in 2022.

A lady in France with a similar description to the lady who was able to take Shy has died and her 11 gypsy cobs will be being rehomed (several with COPD), The charity has posted info there :https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064323117014.
Munchkins Miniature Shetland rescue have Pepsi now, she’s usually in the comments on FB but you could contact munchkins, I’m sure they’ll pass on a message to her. x

Maxidoodle

Visit site
Has anyone got a way of contacting Shysmum? She was last on the forum in 2022.

A lady in France with a similar description to the lady who was able to take Shy has died and her 11 gypsy cobs will be being rehomed (several with COPD), The charity has posted info there :https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064323117014.
I’ve just tagged Munchkins and asked them if they can flag up the FB post to her. Xx

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Can anyone tell her in person? If it's the right place, and the first thing she sees is that Facebook entry with the starved horse, with Shy in none of the pictures, and the news that one was PTS last week because of the state it was in, she's going to crack up.

Everyone's worst nightmare 🥺

Last edited:

Maxidoodle

Visit site
Can anyone tell her in person? If it's the right place, and the first thing she sees is that Facebook entry with the starved horse, Shy in none of the pictures and the news that one was PTS last week because of the state it was in, she's going to crack up.

I’ve just found her on FB, I’ve sent a message to her. Time is potentially at the essence, hopefully Shy isn’t one of them.

Palindrome

Visit site
Can anyone tell her in person? If it's the right place, and the first thing she sees is that Facebook entry with the starved horse, with Shy in none of the pictures, and the news that one was PTS last week because of the state it was in, she's going to crack up.

I don't think he was starved, he has bad COPD and he is the only thin one. He is now on meds but they say "will be PTS if no solution is found".
They were being fed hay on top of the pasture they were on.

ETA: I think the thin one looks like Shy from the markings.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I don't think he was starved, he has bad COPD and he is the only thin one. He is now on meds but they say "will be PTS if no solution is found".

I'm sorry but for whatever the reason, that horse was starving (not digesting enough to stay alive)
and is skeletal.

Maxidoodle

Visit site

I don’t think the thin horse is Shy, I was looking at the markings on photos on Shysmums FB page, to me he actually looks like the center picture of the montage of 9 horses and looks ok, I really hope I’m not wrong. x

Palindrome

Visit site
I don’t think the thin horse is Shy, I was looking at the markings on photos on Shysmums FB page, to me he actually looks like the center picture of the montage of 9 horses and looks ok, I really hope I’m not wrong. x

Thank you Maxidoodle.

People are already offering homes for rehoming them so I don't think that will be a problem but I think the more history they can get on the horses the better (and particularly vet history).

ETA : yes, definitely not the thin one as looking closer the little white horn on his blaze above the left eye is higher up.

Birker2020

Visit site
I'm sorry but for whatever the reason, that horse was starving (not digesting enough to stay alive)
and is skeletal.
The trouble is not one hat fits all. They can lose weight through a variety of reasons can't they, COPD, abscesses, being bullied and running around, being thoroughly stressed, having major issues that make them uncomfortable, etc. The others aren't thin, so I guess its just him.

clinkerbuilt

Visit site
I am moving from France to Yarm, with my two boys in tow. My 13 yr old gypsy cob, Shy, and my 33 year old rescue shetland Pepsi ( who has no molars!). Part livery with the option of full livery if needed. They share both a stable and a turnout paddock. Both retired now. Thanks for reading ! My email in case I miss posts is akh37474@yahoo.com. Allie x
Shysmum's email was in this post looking for British livery. There's a near side view of Shy in this post of a clip, that looks like none (?) of the horses in that composite picture.

https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/threads/shys-clip-in-pictures.801521/#post-14548932

Birker2020

Visit site
How desperately sad for all concerned. Nothing is ever guaranteed is it.
No it's not and I guess she did her best although I did question it at the time due to the significant issues the horse was suffering from. I know what its like stuck between a rock and a hard place and its absolutely debilitating mentally.