Sorry for this...but if racing is cruel than what is this...

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
http://www.m90.org/index.php?id=12864 Warning i found this distressing to watch but maybe im just a pansy?
At least in racing the horses love doing it and they DO have the choice.
THIS is just plain cruel, the horses are clearly distressed. I put this in the other racing post but i thought it deserved a post in itself. I wish this could be stopped. It surely puts racing in perspective?

hayliana

Visit site
excuse my language but... jesus f***ing christ...
frown.gif

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Its at a rodeo, wild horses are in the arena and the competition is to catch them get on them and ride over the finsih line. some of the horses on the video are wrestled to the ground all are clearly distressed and it ends in two horses having a head on collision at gallop, 1breaks its neck but both survive.

Greyhound

Visit site
Good grief that is ****ing truely awful - there can surely be no defense for this kind of behaviour
mad.gif

Make me very sad and very angry.

They ties a strap around the horses back by the bottom legs so they buck and rear and run in fright.

GH
frown.gif

Folara

Visit site
That is very distressing. I am disgusted and appalled at the heights of cruelty some people go to under the guise of 'entertainment'.

Tears in my eyes.

lordflynn

Visit site
well, rodeo is cruel, bronos only bronc due to cinches round their loins-that doesnt make racing not cruel though! (am fence sitting!)
I hate rodeo!

hayliana

Visit site
oh and you arent a pansy by the way, this post should have a big warning sign as that vid is really distressing. that aside, people should watch this if only to be made aware of what goes on at some rodeos. these horses are scared out of their wits, get beaten, have their will broken, and then one even ends up with a broken neck. god knows what happens to them after the competition.

Greyhound

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And we're complaining about racing while this is going on? It puts it into perspective doesnt it. i cried when i saw it

[/ QUOTE ]

Really heart wrenching
frown.gif

On a basis for a direct comparison yes it does put racing into perspective. In respect to racing the majority cases the horses are well cared for, have all their needs met and they are trained. Race horses run as part of their nature make up. However I am making the assumption that these horses are wrenched from the wild and trussed up to create a reaction for public spectating sport with awful disasterous consequences.

GH
frown.gif

alfirules

Visit site
that is jus so disgusting! i want those ppl to die in the most horrible way they can! something has got to be done about it! other countries r so cruel to their animals, on new years day in spain, i think, they throw a donkey off a church tower to celebrate, it is terrible!

Enfys

Visit site
Couldn't view it, but if it is what I think it is then I am pretty sure that it was described fairly graphically in one of Monty Roberts' books, his autobiography perhaps?

Poor horses,...what an introduction " this is a person, this is rope and this a saddle, person on saddle on you, now gallop. Oh, and by the way those gawping faces are more people........welcome to your world!"

juliehannah58

Visit site
That's horrid and I agree, that horse was NO WAY alright, by any stretch of the imagination!

It's horrible but to be honest these things happen all the time. What about dancing bears? etc etc the list is endless. I agree it does make you think about racing and hunting etc but IMO they just vary in levels of cruelty. Some nationalities don't view animals in the same light as us lot and most acts of this kind come from people trying to entertain the Human Race
confused.gif
It's all a mess
frown.gif

Sooty

Visit site
Sorry, but those horses look about as wild as I do! They are in fantastic condition and have their ears forward. I wouldn't take too much notice of the commentary, or the 'veterinarian'. Those horses don't look like two year olds either. I was referring to the rodeo, not the fiesta. The Spanish fiestas are notoriously cruel, they are indefensible, especially the one that involves an overloaded donkey.

lizzie_liz

Visit site
that is so damn cruel, and to think people even pay to watch so called 'entertainment'
that skewbald can't have survived it could barely stand let alone walk
can't believe it was on a funny video site