Sorry for this...but if racing is cruel than what is this...

Tia

Visit site
But you see, an arena full of people is not a strange environment to these horses - they tour in exactly the same way as a competition horse travels endlessly to shows.

Tia

Visit site
I didn't say I agreed with wrestling any type of animal to the ground - I just said that I don't find it disgustingly cruel.

You are familiar with my middle name? It is Devil's Advocate.
cool.gif

hayliana

Visit site
hehe, my middle name is "can never let it lie!" this is a good example though of the ample scope for debate on this forum! and what i love about horses is that there are always things to learn, different points of view, and different ways of doing things, although we wont all agree on all of them!

oldbear

Visit site
I know of even crueller things.
I know my post on horseracing was saying how hard horseracing is on the horses but it was only for this particular moment with Aintree in view.
You could go on forever about horse cruelty.
We have PICADORS, have you ever seen pictures of the poor creatures?
They are blindfolded with cotton wool in their ears and their vocal cords cut so they cant squeal, kicked with nail type spurs Bits that could break their jaws etc.
WALKING HORSES with acid burns on their pasterns.
Cruelty is rife anywhere.
Watching the video was horrific but there IS worse.
We should learn lessons when 9 horses died not IGNORE it................

Tia

Visit site
Yep well said! This is what friendly debating is all about - I love a good debate, where we all put forward our views but without ending up beating each other over the heads with frying pans!
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
It's also done wonders for our Post-Counts LOL!! Thanks for a great conversation guys.
smile.gif

Need to go off and headlock my neddies into their feed buckets now!

oldbear

Visit site
Hope you are well Tia.
not heard from youy on many posts until recently.
I think it could be a great debate if things were listened to by higher ups but I doubt it.
Still it is good to hear peoples view. eh.........

Tia

Visit site
I'm well; how are you? I haven't seen you around for ages either.

I've been fairly busy off late so although I try to get on here most days, it is often for a short time......today was a blobbing day.

Tia

Visit site
See you later!!
smile.gif

Right I am off out now LOL!! Doesn't take me long though, so as they say "I'll be back!!"
grin.gif

sojeph

Visit site
Personally I think its disgusting! That accident was horrible and this sort of display is an accident waiting to happen. With most hair raising type of shows like these theres a degree of control but there was none is this one-its just wicked!
crazy.gif

barkinghorse

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yes I think you are getting confused.

These horses are animals who are not being killed. They are being caught, ridden and then turned out to pasture - no death involved whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold on a minute!! that horse at the end looks like it's broken it's neck or something.
Do you think it survived??!"

Tia

Visit site
The commentator tells us that yes the horse did break it's neck and that yes it did survive apparently.

These horses are not in this arena to be killed - this was an accident and not the killing ground for horses. The purpose is not to kill these animals, unlike fox-hunting.