Staying home as much as possible over Easter?

bonny

Visit site
Sadly I am not sure that she is going to disappear since it appears that she does not observe the lockdown at all, and now has her horses back at a yard which is a 50 mile round trip, presumably still on full livery, but sees nothing wrong with going to ride them. A very selfish individual who from her previous posts has major issues with jealousy, so not exactly someone whose opinion we should be concerned with.
Seriously just no need, everyone is stressed and fed up, why not cut everyone else some slack ?

Wheels

Visit site
Sadly I am not sure that she is going to disappear since it appears that she does not observe the lockdown at all, and now has her horses back at a yard which is a 50 mile round trip, presumably still on full livery, but sees nothing wrong with going to ride them. A very selfish individual who from her previous posts has major issues with jealousy, so not exactly someone whose opinion we should be concerned with.

And what sort of person do you think you are coming across as right now?

lannerch

Visit site
I’ve been travelling over 30 miles to work every day so the bank holiday weekend is very welcome particularly as work is so mad at the moment and people can be so selfish and rude ( I work in a pharmacy) .

But I really miss my horses , both are in full livery the youngster at grass miles away , and my old boy 15 mins away but with every one of his needs always cared for so very well visiting him is certainly not essential . So I don’t .

I see my friends in Facebook happily riding out in groups as normal I do not comment though , although I do not like either .
Things are far from normal, people really are dying , currently one of my colleagues is really ill , please people do not risk it , stay at home .

ihatework

Visit site

From where I’m sitting, the three of you are as bad as each other.

Upthecreek

Visit site
Anyone wanting to personally attack or make derogatory comments directed to an individual should message them privately to do so. We do not all need to be reading what is obviously personal beef between members.

This forum should be a place to share ideas, advice and exchange differences of opinion with respect and politeness. No need for nasty comments and rudeness.

bonny

Visit site
Don’t send rude messages either, we are adults in a difficult situation and we should be offering support, not insults. It is possible to have different views on things without resorting to getting personal and rude. Non of us really know anyone else’s situation or how they are feeling. For a while at least let’s be nice !

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Well I was intending to go to Burnham on Sea to build sand castles but OH (amazingly) managed to get a Morrison's delivery for Sunday at 13.00, so I have spent all day making welcome signs to hang in the drive. It's a bit like waiting for Santa to arrive, I've sent my list of wishes but wont know if they have been answered until he arrives. I am really looking forward to some lettuce, never thought I'd ever say that!
Well, has it all arrived? Was driver suitably impressed at welcome signs? ?

Gingerwitch

Visit site
TBF it's never been like that!

No it used to be a forum where you could have heated debate and we would agree to disagree and move on. Without getting personal. So I apologise to all ( 2 exceptions) whom have been upset by the squabbling but I won't be bullied off the forum or stop posting my opinions.

SOS

Visit site

so if anyone’s wondering I am still sticking to my Easter in and have cleaned all my leather shoes (washed, soaped, tack conditioned) and they are ready for polishing. It’s been a thrilling time

SOS

Visit site
I washed my windows, I am now drenched.

I did similar giving the very dirty truck a wash the other day, in my defence the downwind direction seemed to keep changing... and to my horror my neighbours very expensive white car looked slightly worse off too.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I've got this high quality long pole thing from aldi you attach the hose to :D :D

Between that and hearing the ice cream van and thinking oh no, everyone is going to be complaining again because complaining every other day this week he has been out has been insufficient.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have not left the place since Thursday except in my head I went shopping for food one shop and home .
I leave one day next week for shopping and I will need pet food as well .
I am going for an exciting walk to the post box tomorrow but that’s not strictly leaving the place as it’s on the drive .

Upthecreek

Visit site
I gave both my dogs a haircut as they were too hot. Let’s just say it’s a good job nobody will be seeing them for a while. It did amuse me though that hubby laughed hysterically at my efforts and then said I will have to cut his hair soon......... how does he think that’s going to turn out???

southerncomfort

Visit site
I gave both my dogs a haircut as they were too hot. Let’s just say it’s a good job nobody will be seeing them for a while. It did amuse me though that hubby laughed hysterically at my efforts and then said I will have to cut his hair soon......... how does he think that’s going to turn out???

*adds 'cutting the dogs hair' to tomorrow's exciting and jam packed itinerary*

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I did also wash the car, as wet anyway, then remembered the fecker wouldn't start last time after I washed it and let it stand :rolleyes:

I was very jealous of the egg hunt going on 2 doors down, the kids only 18 months she def could share some of that chocolate :p

dogatemysalad

Visit site

so if anyone’s wondering I am still sticking to my Easter in and have cleaned all my leather shoes (washed, soaped, tack conditioned) and they are ready for polishing. It’s been a thrilling time

Wish you hadn't posted that. I was feeling chuffed with myself because of all the jobs I've been doing around the house and garden, but had conveniently ignored boot and tack cleaning.
The boots and bridles are shouting at me now. Yay, exciting day awaits me tomorrow...

southerncomfort

Visit site
I was just musing to myself that I might enjoy Easter more if we celebrated by eating cheese instead of chocolate. Chocolate tends to make me feel bilious quite quickly but I could eat cheese all day long.

Just imagine giving your loved ones a big hunk of cheddar or a round of Stilton instead of an Easter egg. It would be marvellous! ?