Stressed

BlackRider

Visit site
Jess I'm so sorry to hear this, you have been an angel for him, and given him a lovely summer, which I'm sure he has loved.

RIP Prince x

EventingMum

Visit site
Jessi, my heart goes out to you, you must be devastated. You couldn't have done more and stepped in where many wouldn't have and ensured Prince was treated with the best possible care in the eve of his days. I applaud your decision, tough as it must have been, as it's often said better a week too soon than a day too late.

Elsbells

Visit site
So sad Jess, but remember that you gave him what he needed when he needed it, you tried your best and never once turned your back on him. He was loved. Keep strong, take with you through life the lessons that he taught you, the love that you shared and the memories that you'll treasure.

Run free boy.

EmmaB

Visit site
Just read this whole thread, how heartbreaking. You did everything you could and changed his life during these last few months, well done for fighting for him for so long, I'm so sorry it ended this way but you made the best decision for him. RIP Prince.

jrp204

Visit site
Jess, you gave an old man compassion and love. You shouldn't have had to deal with the other pressures put on you. Prince is in that big green field, fat as butter enjoying the sun. Big hugs to you.

babymare

Visit site
Oh jess sweetheart im so so sorry. But you gave Prince so much care and love in those finals monthsHe blossomed under your care. My heart goes out to you but please pleease in time smile and remember you showed a horse what love and care are. No other words just a big hug. i am crying tears for you tonight.Be proud of what you achieved x x x x x

Visit site
Thank you, everyone. The kind words are lovely, and i really appreciate it.

I hope that Prince had a good few months, a lot better than being left in a field to rot.
The decision was mine, not the one i wanted, but the one that was fair. I wanted to fix him, I wanted so badly for him to just need food and love, but it was much more than that. When the vet told me he couldn't be fixed it made my mind up. It was today in the field he knows with company and food or possibly in an emergency when his liver fails/heart fails or his arthritis gets worse.
I decided he would never suffer again, never feel hunger and never feel pain.

I feel heartless sometimes but mostly angry. I haven't got to being upset yet. I am angry that this wasn't dealt with sooner, I'm angry that he suffered for years, angry that his blood in on my hands on not that of the person who caused such damage.

Prince went with ears pricked and he knew love. Even it was for a short time.

I miss him dearly. I've seen him in that field for the last 10 years, and for the first time its empty.

Jessica x

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
I can totally understand your anger Jessica but you showed him love and kindness which is what he knew up until his last minute :) DO NOT beat yourself up over what happened before you can only do what you do at the time - and you DID the right thing for Prince :)

And cmbcts does indeed need thanks for being there to support you today :)

Jessica - why not post some of the last photos you have of him looking fat and shiny and loved - the way to remember him now and forever :)

mil1212

Visit site
So sad to read this, but Jessi, you truly made the bravest decision that the heartless soul who had him previously obviously couldn't be bothered to make. He felt loved and cared for if only for a short time, tonight I raise my glass to you both. I am glad to see you had some support today.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
So sorry to hear this sad news Jess :(

You have been amazing throughout and gave this lovely boy the love and care he deserved. You made a very brave decision today.

RIP Prince xx

Rudolph's Red Nose

Visit site
I have only lurked on yr previous posts and read your blog - I am so so sorry for your loss.

You absolutely did the best for Prince, you kept fighting for him as you knew it was the right thing to do and today again you made the decision best for him, however hard it was for you, please be very proud you stood up to fight for him and made his last days very happy ones. RIP Prince and a hug for you Jessi xx

Mahoganybay

Visit site
So very sorry, you did all you could. I hope when the anger fades and the tears have stopped flowing you will feel proud of yourself xx

Cazzah

Visit site
So so sorry to read this - have been thinking of you all day, Jess, and checking the thread. RIP Prince who knew love and care from a special girl in his last few months. xx

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
my condolences Jess, he would have been so much more stuck without you and he went knowing a better life.

cbmcts am sure Jess was very grateful for the more direct support than we can give.

Visit site
cbmcts was fantastic. She didn't need to come all the way to see us, but she did and without her i would have been an absolute wreck. She and my vet advised me on the best options and using their joint experience could explain things to me more easily.
I owe her everything, she stayed with me all day from start to finish and helped me to organised myself and prince.
He really liked her and cbmcts showed him lots of love.

3Beasties

Visit site
RIP Prince, you went happy and loved, with a full belly which is all any horse deserves.

Well done Jess for making such a brave but difficult decision.

FionaM12

Visit site
Thank you Jessi for giving the poor lad a few months of love and decent health. It was an act of great kindness and generosity, and your decision today must have been very hard. :( Sometimes the bravest thing really is to let them go and avoid further suffering.

I know you must be terribly sad now, but in time you will have happy memories and you'll always know you did the best for him.

doriangrey

Visit site
So sorry you had to go through this, especially heart breaking as he seemed on the mend. I, for one, didn't realise what the extent of his health issues were. I can't begin to know what you are going through, but it is obvious you had a special bond with Prince xx

Po Knee

Visit site
Oh Jessi, I have such admiration for the way you fought tooth and nail to give Prince the love and kindness he deserved. He was a beautiful boy and you clearly loved him immensely.

RIP Prince, and take care Jessi xx