Tall narrow natives, Arab?

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Where do you even start looking for one of those?
They are about, although thinly.Breed societies, FB groups, the 5 gaited IcyxWelsh in my profile I got as a foal from a FB friend. I first got into them 30 years ago because although I liked my natives I wanted something a bit more interesting and challenging to ride, without it being challenging in a more dangerous way. and they have been.

Cloball

Visit site
It is a bit suspiciously low I'd imagine a black PRE being quite sought after for film star looks lol I only want a happy hack though

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
It is a bit suspiciously low I'd imagine a black PRE being quite sought after for film star looks lol I only want a happy hack though

My thoughts were that it’s priced like that as it has fashionable breeding / looks and is probably more of a general hack. I think if it was under £3k I’d call.

ETA I think if it was 4 it could go for £10k but 11 isn’t young to start a horse doing anything if it has only hacked.

I am tentatively looking for an arab/ arab type or PRE/ Spanish type.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Saddle width isn't the issue, my Appyx is in a wide wide, but he's narrower through my knees, with a huge ribcage further back. I'm told this is 'baroque type shape and it suits me perfectly.

One of mine is really wide high up in the ribcage the other is wide all over basically a barrel.

As in height wise I have a only just 15h but he rides bigger as he has a huge stride his also a leg in each corner very substantial build, the other is 15.3 but finer in the leg and looks more athletic looking, I personally think 15.2 is the limit for an Arab I know taller ones and they have had lameness issues, my taller one is not without his problems his 15 now.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I bought one of mine from round oak stud in Windsor they have some really nice youngsters for sale, I know they recently had 2 nice geldings for sale under £1000 they are trying to reduce numbers so you may get a bargain, they don't breed any greys either!

Lammy

Visit site
I can't explain why at all, but he just doesn't do it for me. He's local, too!

I know what you mean he didn’t really do anything for me either but looked a nice type.
Now this really is a smart chap and I know he’s miles away from you which is why I didn’t post it with the other one but feel like I have to now :D If this was a filly and not a gelding I’d be tempted myself... But then I’d go anywhere for the right horse.
http://www.adhorse.co.uk/horseforsale_68363.html

Visit site
Bay welsh d gelding 1 hr 30 min or so from manchester, says to make 15.2hh. https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classifieds/2683081-stunning-gelding-for-sale-oswestry.html

Bit further afield. 2 hr 15 min but very handsome welsh d https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classi...-ride-and-drive-gelding-for-sale-lincoln.html

Didn't find any pure arabs although there was this partbred - a chestnut though ...... https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classifieds/2664856-part-bred-arab-blackpool.html

Also saw a champagne wb x which was just beautiful but very sadly a filly ....

Visit site
My YO breeds Arabs and PB Arabs! Not sure what she’s got for sale at the mo; I know she’s got a couple of foals. Can ask her if you like. Here’s her fb page so you get an idea: https://m.facebook.com/Dodderhill-pintabians-and-part-bred-Arab-stud-369108623957306/

That's who I bought my mare off! She is Droitwhich though which is pretty far from ycbm and she only has young foals, and I think all of this year's foals are sold now. Some of them are quite big though.

Last edited:

ponyparty

Visit site
(I mentally making a note of the taller/sportier weosh
That's who I bought my mare off! She is Droitwhich though which is pretty far from ycbm and she only has young foals, and I think all of this year's foals are sold now. Some of them are quite big though.

I’ve only recently moved this way and can’t get used to the fact it’s actually a fair bit south of Brum ? suppose it is over the 2 hour limit!

Yeah thought she might only have babies, happy to ask though.

I daren’t start trawling ads, I feel terribly guilty even thinking it but can’t help wishing I had something a bit younger and less broken than my boy ?

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
This is my lovely Apache, I'm 5'9 and he was 15'1.

View attachment 47334

He’s gorgeous and looks nice and solid. I must admit I was wondering about a future Arab but it would have to be an old fashioned chunkier type as I’m not as lightweight as I’d like to be. Probably pie in the sky but one can have dreams ?

Trouper

Visit site
I realise that this is going totally off piste but at age 70 I was happily riding a 17hh ID. I have never been comfortable on native types and cobs leave my hips crippled so have always favoured a TB build. I was surprised how comfortable this chap was even on long hacks. They are not all grey;)!!

Palindrome

Visit site

Shady

Visit site
If that goes for two grand I'll eat your hat and mine!
Knowing what you like to do I would put you with a PRE in a flash. I love my Arab more than I ever thought was possible but if schooling is your thing I feel duty bound to say that Arabs are very naughty if they get bored and don't see the point of something! xxxx

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I'm not getting any answers from any of my messages. I think I'll just wait until the recession crashes the market and see what falls in my lap that I can't resist.