Tall narrow natives, Arab?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Both those I would view but POA says that they are too expensive. PRE are way too fashionable at the moment, I need to wait until the recession really bites for one of them.

Does it say POA? I know the top one is £4000 and the bottom is give an offer, I reckon you would get away offering around 2000.

ycbm

Visit site
Does it say POA? I know the top one is £4000 and the bottom is give an offer, I reckon you would get away offering around 2000.

You think the second would go for 2k? I would contact if so but knowing the price of Iberians around here I find that hard to believe.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
You think the second would go for 2k? I would contact if so but knowing the price of Iberians around here I find that hard to believe.

I think it might be cheaper then you think as she has been trying to downsize and hes been for sale for a while.

ETA and hes gelded which lowers the price a lot as he can't be graded.

Last edited:

ycbm

Visit site
I will buy unseen, but only at £1000 ish or less.

Visit site
Not sure how far you are prepared to stretch distance rules but there's some lovely Arabs and welsh D's on adhorse. Loved the look of a buckskin Welsh X Arab to make 15.2hh but it was three and a bit hours from Manchester and a mare ??

ycbm

Visit site
Not sure how far you are prepared to stretch distance rules but there's some lovely Arabs and welsh D's on adhorse. Loved the look of a buckskin Welsh X Arab to make 15.2hh but it was three and a bit hours from Manchester and a mare ??

Sounds lovely but this thread has really helped me firm up on no mares, too big a risk. Muffin is already so guarding/protective of me, I would not want to see what happened with a female.

JJS

Visit site
You should be able to find a D that fits your spec quite easily for £2k. There’s not loads advertised at the minute but I’ll keep an eye out :).
If you don’t mind buying direct from stud then Maesmynach would be worth contacting, though it’ll be a fair journey for you to view as they’re west Wales.

Tresorya stud also breed some lovely youngstock, and they all seem to make at least 15hh.

Height a bit marginal and £500 above budget....http://www.adhorse.co.uk/horseforsale_68398.html

This handsome boy is Flower’s nephew! If only I had room for another... ?

Steerpike

Visit site
Dont know if this has been posted..

due to my ip being in ireland i cant view the actual ad pages on preloved, only the list of horses for sale....theres a very tall 16.2 chestnut gelding arab on there..posted 6 days ago..kings lynn, norfolk, purebred...he looks so lovely!

https://www.preloved.co.uk/search?keyword=Arab

no idea if that link will work!
They want 3k for him

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
As an Iberian convert I of course recommend a PRE or Lusitano. I've seen taller Lusitanos than PRE's (but they're def out there), and some are more narrow. Yes, they can have a more hefty price tag. However, I've come across some cheap ones, especially on the more local or smaller Spanish classified sites. I was so tempted to buy my horse's half brother since he was so cheap. He was in someone's backyard stable, so not a big name, and young, so his price was lower.

Anyho, I think Connemaras or crosses (with a TB maybe) are a good candidate too, but also not so cheap it seems. The Connemara I ride is short, but more narrow. Works for me since I'm short, but she could be found in a taller version I imagine. I want one in the worst way, but I'm a fool to think I need (financially and time wise) another horse! Therefore, I will lurk on this thread to live vicariously and forever be jealous ?

I'm not sure of the price or popularity of Anglo-Arabs these days. Haven't seen any in awhile, but have known some great ones.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
YCBM As you come into your more mature years why not move over into the dark side and get something gaited :D No more needing to trot (if you don't want to ) just glide along enjoying the scenery. Good for bad backs and creaking knees. :p

Visit site
YCBM As you come into your more mature years why not move over into the dark side and get something gaited :D No more needing to trot (if you don't want to ) just glide along enjoying the scenery. Good for bad backs and creaking knees. :p

Is the handsome face in your profile picture an icelandic then Gloi? Whatever it is it's gorgeous!!

ycbm

Visit site

Where do you even start looking for one of those?

HashRouge

Visit site