Tell me not to!

Michen

Visit site
What's wrong with a bit of greed? I'd have had a Connie in a heartbeat but they're so expensive at the moment.

It would be such a waste of money, I want to buy a proper young one and pop it in a field on youngstock livery so I can watch it grow up from afar but still spend circa £300 a month for the pleasure of patting it on the neck, not like I have my hands full enough with the other two Krays, so around £9k before I even have it backed.

Complete.waste.of.money.

Really want one.

Looking forward to pics of your Newbie!

catembi

Visit site
Here he is! Apologies again for hi jacking the thread, ycbm.

Attachments

• 430A735B-7103-42B4-B281-80A8F74B2F27.jpeg
    430A735B-7103-42B4-B281-80A8F74B2F27.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 198
  • DACEC430-64BA-4FC7-82B0-AE0E9E572FDA.jpeg
    DACEC430-64BA-4FC7-82B0-AE0E9E572FDA.jpeg
    520.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 868F7886-8700-4514-A16A-ABE16CD434F8.jpeg
    868F7886-8700-4514-A16A-ABE16CD434F8.jpeg
    382.6 KB · Views: 203
  • 8D9CB1B2-BA1A-483B-BAE3-7C42DBC71FD7.jpeg
    8D9CB1B2-BA1A-483B-BAE3-7C42DBC71FD7.jpeg
    521.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 590C5B4F-0EDB-440A-929A-72FF12F36C84.jpeg
    590C5B4F-0EDB-440A-929A-72FF12F36C84.jpeg
    542.3 KB · Views: 205

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

Room for everyone!

I hope you have lots of fun with yours.

You could ask your vet about putting acyclovir on that suspicious mark. As far as I know, it has no reputation for aggravating sarcoids but there is some evidence it can resolve them when they are only skin deep.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Very exciting ycbm! And yours looks lovely catembi.

I have found two I liked, organised viewings, got hopelessly overexcited and stalking every relative that have ever had (the horses, not the sellers - I’m not that weird!) and on both occasions the seller has changed their minds just before the viewing.

The second one canceled today. I was due to see her tomorrow.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site

I used sudocrem with turmeric mixed in for a couple of weeks on a flat verrucous sarcoid on Beau’s axilla. I got the vet to check, she had been worried about it. She told me it had completely gone. I was kind of sceptical, having had Liverpool cream to remove a prominent one years ago. Can’t harm, can it?

Reactions: TPO

ycbm

Visit site
I used sudocrem with turmeric mixed in for a couple of weeks on a flat verrucous sarcoid on Beau’s axilla. I got the vet to check, she had been worried about it. She told me it had completely gone. I was kind of sceptical, having had Liverpool cream to remove a prominent one years ago. Can’t harm, can it?

There is a possibility they can be irritated into growing. If I'm not mistaken that's also very close to an eye, so you wouldn't want him rubbing turmeric into it by accident ?

I got rid of one that was very similar on a previous horse's face, but before it gave in it looked like this

IMAG0140.jpg

It took 5 attempts to kill it and was very worrying for a while, but I finally got this end result of just a small patch of missing hair, and it stayed that way for the next 2 years until I sold him and lost touch.

IMG_20150413_082923.jpg

I wouldn't put anything in it that might aggravate it unless you're prepared to see it through until its gone, with whatever scar that leaves. Might be best to watch and see, unless the vet agrees with acyclovir.

The horse is also young and pretty lean and it might just disappear of its own accord as it's strength and immune system kick in. ? But I would bung him on Sarcex for 6 months, that won't hurt and isn't hugely expensive.

Last edited:

Mule

Visit site
Technically not bought yet, funds are due after he loads at Preston on Sunday after travelling down from Carlisle.

I don't want to jinx it by sharing too much, I haven't even seen him, he may be a complete donkey in the flesh ?!
I can't believe I missed this thread. You're getting a new horse! I can't wait for photos :D

ycbm

Visit site
We should be home at 4pm tomorrow.

I know I'm nuts but I just want some options. To have three, to have a spare if one of the others needs time off, to sell Deza if she's too much work to keep slim, to sell her if I can't get used to her level of sensitivity.

And also because I've had a payout from a little pension fund I didn't know existed and I just want something new, exciting and even potentially disruptive in life.

ycbm

Visit site
A teaser .... I've cropped this off a bigger picture, hence the quality. No, he isn't a mule whatever those ears suggest ?. I've never known a horse with a tiny mouth and big ears have a nasty bone in their body, so fingers crossed I haven't jinxed everything now. He's not special, but there is something about him that really caught my attention. (Don't bother looking, you won't find his advert from this picture, it was taken just for me.)

20210416_142301~2.jpg

Roxylola

Visit site
I read an anecdote once (maybe here)
Someone working in for an event, struck up conversation with another rider after formalities (asking the horses name - clumpers) they commented on his lovely big ears. The other rider said something like my mother bred him and she likes big ears...
They were interrupted by a security guard, it was Princess Anne and Columbus! So the ears have the royal seal of approval

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Oh I love his head! It would also be ok if he is a mule. I quite like mules :p

I've been wanting another to start/bring on and/or to get something less sensitive/hot/mental/insane. When my gelding is good, he's fantastic, when he's mental, I spend a good amount of time convincing him he's not on fire. There is no fire.

But with livery prices and all, it's just not possible. Never mind another potential international move in the next year or so.

So, I live vicariously :)

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
I love his head! Cant wait to see the rest. I don’t suppose you’d give us a hint on the breeding?

We should be home at 4pm tomorrow.

I know I'm nuts but I just want some options. To have three, to have a spare if one of the others needs time off, to sell Deza if she's too much work to keep slim, to sell her if I can't get used to her level of sensitivity.

And also because I've had a payout from a little pension fund I didn't know existed and I just want something new, exciting and even potentially disruptive in life.

This is my theory too, on getting another. Back up plans and options. If Milagra does have to go suddenly - and that could be either because her health deteriorates or owner decides she wants her back - I want to ensure Mim has a friend that she knows and trusts.

I am also beginning to get to the point where I want to get back to having some lessons, and riding a bit more. Not sure I’ll compete for another few years but, all things being well, I’ll be in a slightly different job in a few weeks, which will allow me to have a little more balance in my life.