Tell we what you see , besides a lame pony

Tarragon

Visit site
This is a fabulous update! I have been wondering how you were getting on and I am just so pleased for you both.
Aged 56, and after 40 odd years of riding (though nearly all of these just hacking, and that includes the point-to-pointers and hunters that I used to exercise), I decided that I really did need to start again properly and I am getting lessons and my pony and I have gone right back to basics, with a trainer who follows Philippe Karl. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner!
I am trying not to think of the cost...

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Your elbows are bloody epic!

that is the most forward and non-blocking vid I have seen of you riding him, that's a pretty impressive change and I think you will both benefit immensely from that. Also given your confidence levels recently kudos for the bareback pad too.

Annagain

Visit site
I've been away so only just caught up with this. I never thought a minute and half of walking would be so good to watch!

Horsekaren

Visit site
eeee! i just get too excited about the small things :D i hadn't schooled him for 5 days, hopped on yesterday (after a Sunday roast and a large glass of vino at the pub .... ooops) not sure if the wine relaxed me or he was feeling a lot more comfy having had the tension in his shoulder, jaw and poll seen to but he was magic :D
When we school i now do at least 20 mins of walk, halt, yield, shoulder work. I thought i would have a little play with his trot yesterday, look how soft he is trotting and walking on the left rein. We did a first and tried some halt to trot transitions, my hubby caught our very first try at it and isn't he just lovely :D

Halt to trot (first ever attempt)

"No matter what i do my pony wont turn left... he locks his neck and takes me to the right"

"he just wont walk, he can only jog :'D"

He looks like he is really starting to settle into using his body correctly do you think? We are also going on small hacks every few days, only 20 mins or so and in straight lines with lots of halts so he isnt just on the surface.

Attachments

• 1567416437503.png
    1567416437503.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 9

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Oh well done you.

You should be proud of yourself especially for asking questions on here and talking it through.

You have done brilliantly for your both and I look forward to seeing more progress

McFluff

Visit site
What great progress and well deserved for your bravery and willingness to look at everything. He looks like a much happier horse (with a happier Mum too!).