Terrible names

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Inspired by the name change thread, what are the worst names you've come across for horses?

I think Ludo's is pretty terrible for a spotty horse - Ithon Patch - but the worst I think I ever owned was Vulgaeus Majistralis - try entering a competition with that one and see what the commentator makes of it!

Last edited:

teddypops

Visit site
My Connie is Peatapat which is horrible. Previous owner called her Pat the pony?. I call her Piper. I also had one that was Darius on his passport, but he also had a BS passport (which mysteriously went missing) on which his name was Moonlight Silver Spirit. I called him Ted.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
You say Ludo is a terrible name for a spotty horse, I think of this Ludo and feel confused -

labyrinth_ludo.jpg

and it takes me a moment to realise that I'm thinking of the wrong Ludo. ;) :D

ycbm

Visit site
You say Ludo is a terrible name for a spotty horse, I think of this Ludo and feel confused -

labyrinth_ludo.jpg

and it takes me a moment to realise that I'm thinking of the wrong Ludo. ;):D

I think it's a fabulous name. My friend suggested it and I loved it immediately. It's Ithon Patch, when he's spotty not patchy, that I think is dreadful, though I believe one of the 101 Dalmations was called Patch. Your Ludo at least has a lovely look in his eyes ?

ycbm

Visit site
Obviously working in racing you see quite a lot of weird names. One that is racing now and I truly don't understand just how or why they were allowed the name is beyond me - Pakie's Dream.

I can only hope the owner of called Pakie, and preferably pronounced paykey, otherwise, where were their brains when they let that one through?

Pheasant Plucker used to run years ago, didn't he?