The agility thread

KEK

Visit site
A bit gutted. Ziggy was charging round the field yesterday and came back to me on 3 legs, his "bionic" leg was swinging from the pastern . Screamed when I tried to look so just carried him back home and popped him in cage to rest hoping he'd just pulled a toe. After a couple of hours it was clear he was still very sore so took him to vets. Vet was concerned it was a fracture, so he had several x rays, which thank heavens showed that the implant was intact and no obvious bone breaks, so hopefully just muscular/ligament . If no improvement he will have scans next week. He is a lot happier today and weight bearing but obviously metacam is helping there. August should have been a really busy month competition wise , but at least hopefully he will be back later. Healing vibes would be appreciated.
Oh no poor Ziggy. Healing vibes sent!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
How's he doing today MM?

Ok thanks . He seems sound in walk (on lead ) but will have a better idea when he’s off the metacam after the weekend . He’s certainly back to normal attitude wise 😏, so I’m hoping he was just being over dramatic about something not as serious as it appeared 🤞.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I’m probably noticing them more as my daughters got one now but there seem to be quite a few more whippets competing now . Most of them seem to combine crazy and genius in one run 😝

Spotherisk

Visit site
I’m probably noticing them more as my daughters got one now but there seem to be quite a few more whippets competing now . Most of them seem to combine crazy and genius in one run 😝

Mine is 3/4 whippet, 1/8 greyhound and 1/8 Bedlington… zoomies with attitude! I do train with a lady who has a mini team of whippets - G7 and G5!

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
Another proud Mum moment sorry. So off we went to a KC comp. Wonderful ground and great organisation. All Galican softline equipment. OMG pup only went and WON her agility with the only clear 🥰 So chuffed. She was pretty good in other 2 classes and but for my error would have won again. Not what I want as too inexperienced. Pebs found it too hot 🔥so not very speedy and had time penalties. Treated them both to new leads as you do.

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Four Es - tried very hard in her first run particularly, contacts were superb all day, jumping got more and more haphazard as the day went on. Not ideal course designs for her first show TBH but we worked what bits we could. Mostly kept a lid on it behaviour wise, outbursts were few, minor and brief (and exclusively caused by people being inconsiderate 🙄) but she managed admirably and I had a few nice comments from people who know where we started.

Sigh of relief and lots to work on ready for next year.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Four Es - tried very hard in her first run particularly, contacts were superb all day, jumping got more and more haphazard as the day went on. Not ideal course designs for her first show TBH but we worked what bits we could. Mostly kept a lid on it behaviour wise, outbursts were few, minor and brief (and exclusively caused by people being inconsiderate 🙄) but she managed admirably and I had a few nice comments from people who know where we started.

Sigh of relief and lots to work on ready for next year.

You’ve worked so hard to get her to this stage , fabulous achievement. Congratulations

Spotherisk

Visit site
I’m at SWAT today in Somerset - I love this show. I have been stretching my tweaky hamstring as instructed and it feels fine but I’m scared it’ll tweak again 😳

Rew is alternating between comatose and over excitement, situation normal. Any minute now it’ll be too hot and he’ll down tools, again situation normal!
IMG_1222.jpegIMG_1225.jpeg

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I’m at SWAT today in Somerset - I love this show. I have been stretching my tweaky hamstring as instructed and it feels fine but I’m scared it’ll tweak again 😳

Rew is alternating between comatose and over excitement, situation normal. Any minute now it’ll be too hot and he’ll down tools, again situation normal!
View attachment 143955View attachment 143956
Good luck . I should be at Agilidogz this weekend but although Zig signed off by vet I’ve got to build his fitness up again .

Clodagh

Visit site
I bloody love SWAT. I have never been placed at any agility/jumping comp, but today… G1-3 jumping, AT LAST! 😊

We had a great agility run where he got all his contacts (another first for us) but was E for a wrong tunnel entry. Never mind.

View attachment 143992
That emoji is so insufficient. As you know I have long thought you must be a masochist to keep going but I am so completely delighted the be proved wrong.
I’m so completely over the moon for you.

Clodagh

Visit site
Honestly I do love Rew (Spottherisk’s dog) but he’s such a lurcher/whippet. All the stars not only have to be aligned but also shining his favourite constellation. Me with my eager to please push button labs just watches STR’s endless good cheer and optimism with stunned amazement. And then today, when it came together, it must be worth a million times what she would have got with a crowd pleasing choice. And she adores him, and he, her.
I wasn’t there btw and don’t actually worship STR really but she’s done great here.