The agility thread

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
I used to go to Wellingborough every year for the ABC qual, looks like they’ll have shaken up the qualifier system by the time the large one is ready for it. Lots of club folk there so I am sorry to miss it but having a quiet month training before a super busy August.

I have a day at Vision to (possibly) unleash the beast, then KCI and WKC back to back champ. 😬

sarah.oxford

Visit site
I used to go to Wellingborough every year for the ABC qual, looks like they’ll have shaken up the qualifier system by the time the large one is ready for it. Lots of club folk there so I am sorry to miss it but having a quiet month training before a super busy August.

I have a day at Vision to (possibly) unleash the beast, then KCI and WKC back to back champ. 😬

Which vision are you going to?

MurphysMinder

Visit site
We went to K9 Brats A4A show this morning. I had entered 4 classes but due to have a poorly horse at home I only did a couple of runs. Ziggy won beginners agility with a lovely clear, finally giving him the agility points we needed to move to novice. His first run in Novice steeplechase was a bit manic, I hadn't walked the course, which was quite tricky, which resulted in a couple of circles and run pasts, more my fault than his. Horse was fine when I got back , so a good morning all in.

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Well done and glad all was well at home.

Which vision are you going to?

29th - a Monday, deliberately, so it's as quiet as possible. We may not get any further than the car park but it's time to try. Nothing else planned for her this season so it'll give me a fresh benchmark of where we're at and what we need to work on over the winter.

I am having serious FOMO from club friends out competing this weekend, there were no qualifiers for us, I should have just gone anyway. 😅

Spotherisk

Visit site
Rew had his teeth scaled on Monday and took a few days to recover, he’s been taking it easy and is very bored. We are off to DATA tomorrow, where Barrie James has designed a couple of courses. It’s a charity event, not a competition, and I’m looking forward to being able to take food in the ring as ‘touch’ is a new concept to Rew (as in new every time he sees an AF, so exciting)! We have been practising at home, but that’s easy in comparison. 🤣

sarah.oxford

Visit site
Well done and glad all was well at home.

29th - a Monday, deliberately, so it's as quiet as possible. We may not get any further than the car park but it's time to try. Nothing else planned for her this season so it'll give me a fresh benchmark of where we're at and what we need to work on over the winter.

I am having serious FOMO from club friends out competing this weekend, there were no qualifiers for us, I should have just gone anyway. 😅

We will be there that weekend!

Arthur won the G1 invitational final at Agility club this evening. Qualified by finishing in the top 8 of last year's G1 league. Super happy with our run.

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Monthly course running night yesterday - put up that last champ course I posted the plan for, nailed the weave entry first time and every time, handled from both sides of the DW. 🙄🙄🙄 Ah well, it’s a skill in the bag for next time.

Large dog is doing some cool stuff, we’ve got another Sam Lane workshop coming up and a lot of obedience with a big scary man before D-Day at the end of the month.

Clodagh

Visit site
Rew had his teeth scaled on Monday and took a few days to recover, he’s been taking it easy and is very bored. We are off to DATA tomorrow, where Barrie James has designed a couple of courses. It’s a charity event, not a competition, and I’m looking forward to being able to take food in the ring as ‘touch’ is a new concept to Rew (as in new every time he sees an AF, so exciting)! We have been practising at home, but that’s easy in comparison. 🤣
Update?

Spotherisk

Visit site
Oh we had a good time, two runs in the morning and two in the afternoon, over lovely flowing courses, all indoors (weather was fluky, with thunder making some dogs worried). It was great to be able to train in the ring and reward getting contacts with a bit of food. Rew did all his weaves, set of 12, each time no problem! We got lots of claps at the end which was lovely, and had a quick blast over part of Daltons outdoor course too. All in all an excellent day, thanks for asking!

Spotherisk

Visit site
Grumpiness level - 10/10.

I had something go pop in the back of my knee a couple of months ago, a few days ago my ?hamstring fired a warning shot and I’ve been nursing it ever since.

Today Rew broke his wait and took the wrong course, so already E and I set his up again. The still is at the second jump when my leg went BAM and I’m hopping.

I think a sports physio person is required, and probably nothing but walk for me for ages!

Anyone want to buy a camping pass for SWAT?! 🤣

IMG_1089.jpeg

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Zig and I were at Agillidogz this weekend . Disappointingly low entries ( a lot of shows clashing ) but he did some lovely runs and came away with 5 x 1sts. Would have been 6 if his idiot handler hadn’t put in an extra jump 🤦‍♀️. But best placing for me was 3rd in helter skelter . It was all grades and micro, small , medium and anysize heights combined . He was beaten by 2 collies , not bad for a short a**e who measures 27 cm ☺️

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Had our group spicy dog class recreate an agility queue for me yesterday, lots of sitting about while dogs joined and weaved in and out of the line, had a dobie and a GSD launched past her at speed, winding up with tugging and barking etc. I think we’ve got this 🤞

Harli and I have been over in Sydney competing at the Australian nationals. The conditions were terrible- running in liquid mud 😬 but she tried her little heart out and won 6 events over the week.

Well done. Cor, your rosettes are a lot fancier than ours 😁

KEK

Visit site
Had our group spicy dog class recreate an agility queue for me yesterday, lots of sitting about while dogs joined and weaved in and out of the line, had a dobie and a GSD launched past her at speed, winding up with tugging and barking etc. I think we’ve got this 🤞

Well done. Cor, your rosettes are a lot fancier than ours 😁
Not normally, we normally win nothing 😂 . But this was a nationals and those were for the games events (single classes not qualifiers)

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
10 days to large dog’s first show and weave entries have somehow entirely fallen out of her brain. You’d be forgiven for thinking she’d never seen a set of weaves in her life. We were up at the crack of dawn to beat the heat and ended up literally back to wide open 2x2 gates. I can’t decide whether to laugh or cry. 😳

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
Proud Mum Alert! Despite a dodgy back and full of painkillers off we went to our Indy show. It was a bit hot 🔥

Daz had a lovely jumping round for 5 penalties due to handler error 😀 but still good enough for a win 🥰 Then Pebs had a spin around the agility. So pleased that she flew the A Frame and the Dog walk just decided to rest on the see-saw...again 😬😬 incurring pesky time faults but still managed to win. Then Daz's agilty debut. She was so good. See-saw and A Frame no problem. Was a bit too keen on the dog walk so I tried to slow her down and she turned and fell off 😢 maybe I should have let her be?? She happily took it again albeit slightly cautiously. But I was so,so pleased with her. For her agilty debut I could ask no more.

I now ache a lot but so pleased with my girls. 🥰🩷💜

Last edited:

MurphysMinder

Visit site
A bit gutted. Ziggy was charging round the field yesterday and came back to me on 3 legs, his "bionic" leg was swinging from the pastern . Screamed when I tried to look so just carried him back home and popped him in cage to rest hoping he'd just pulled a toe. After a couple of hours it was clear he was still very sore so took him to vets. Vet was concerned it was a fracture, so he had several x rays, which thank heavens showed that the implant was intact and no obvious bone breaks, so hopefully just muscular/ligament . If no improvement he will have scans next week. He is a lot happier today and weight bearing but obviously metacam is helping there. August should have been a really busy month competition wise , but at least hopefully he will be back later. Healing vibes would be appreciated.