The Egypt Horse Project ?

Lady Luna

Visit site
Why indeed Aussie777?
The cynical side of me would be saying that since the Q&A page sprung up on Facebook donations have fallen dramatically as her scam has been revealed so she is now looking for 'fresh meat' on other sites, innocent people who will give their hard earned money to her 'for the horses' believing her lies
Also there is an ongoing fraud investigation looking into her finances as a great deal of people, including myself, where actually unknowingly, paying into her personal bank account and NOT the TEHP bank account, still not sure if there ever was a TEHP bank account. The admins on the page were well aware of this so hopefully their part in this cruel deception with come back and bite them on their very dishonest backsides! Makes you wonder if they were getting a cut of the ill gotten gains as they were very trigger happy with the delete button when questions were asked about the funding and condition of the horses. The lot of them should hang their heads in shame but no, one in particular is holding on like a leach and desperate to be a part of TEHP 2 where 'everything will be above board' oh yeah, of course it will 😄.........goes to show how thick they think their supporters are and the utter contempt they hold for them.....a fool and their money easily parted I suppose

BlueFriesian

New User
Visit site
Well Tazzytop - people are asked to believe whatever they read on TEHP's FB page to also be true... So which FB pages are true and which ones are not?

sheikha

New User
Visit site
Read it on FB so it MUST be true - LOLZzzzzzzzz #orangewine #timeforbed

Your constructive contribution to this thread is so welcomed Tazzytop :/ Since you are one of those who have been instrumental in allowing this abuse/fraud to go on, I am surprised you have anything to say, other than sorry, but I doubt that is in your extensive vocabulary........ I think you will find this thread is on Horse and Hound NOT FB btw, where a very large number of people who know a great deal more about horses than you do, will make up their own minds, quietly and politely without feeling the need to belittle, bully or make light of what is an appalling abuse of animals, trust, confidence and intelligence. I, for one, have clearly stated who I am and what is my connection with this unfortunate matter, why don't you have the courage to do the same? I am sure everyone would appreciate your transparency.

Lady Luna

Visit site
Oh Sheikha, I doubt that being upfront is something this sorry excuse for a human being is capable of. Anyone who stands by an animal abuser and turns a blind eye to the abuse is as bad as the abuser, in fact, I think far worse
Those who have got together to try to expose this farce of a 'rescue' have been bullied, received the most awful PM's and generally had the most vile treatment from both admin and owner of TEHP. Those connected to the Q&A page remind me of the saying 'all it takes for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing' and these people are the true heroes in this very sad tale. They have done their very best to raise awareness of what is happening at TEHP and deserve to be treated with the upmost respect, instead they have been accused of starting a witch hunt by the very people involved in the abuse and those supporting them.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Your constructive contribution to this thread is so welcomed Tazzytop :/ Since you are one of those who have been instrumental in allowing this abuse/fraud to go on, I am surprised you have anything to say, other than sorry, but I doubt that is in your extensive vocabulary........ I think you will find this thread is on Horse and Hound NOT FB btw, where a very large number of people who know a great deal more about horses than you do, will make up their own minds, quietly and politely without feeling the need to belittle, bully or make light of what is an appalling abuse of animals, trust, confidence and intelligence. I, for one, have clearly stated who I am and what is my connection with this unfortunate matter, why don't you have the courage to do the same? I am sure everyone would appreciate your transparency.

Very well said .

SkewbyTwo

Visit site
All sounds like a case of a young, well-meaning girl falling in love and being influenced and possibly even coerced. I fear for these horses. But is their fate now really any worse than their original one? People should really be warned away from donating though, I feel.

sheikha

New User
Visit site
SkewbyTwo, so many have already died and suffered unnecessarily as a result of being 'rescued' by TEHP, so in some cases, yes, their fate was/is worse! There are systems in place in Egypt to help/treat/support horses/animals and owners which do the job. This outfit simply doesn't do the job, no matter what the FB page might say and what pictures they might post. Today they have posted pics of shetland pony which is taken very far away from their stables in Nazlet Samman. Since they claim that they are struggling to take care of the animals already in their care, why would they be going all the way out to Saqqara/Abu Sir to wipe the eyes of a pony owned by extremely rich owners? People on the ground and who have visited, and most importantly know something about equine care, will tell you in flash that things are simply wrong at that place. I also think that Ashleigh may have started with the right intentions, but I don't agree that she was coerced, she is a leader not a follower.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
No updates on any of the resident horses since the 26th March, this is very worrying and locals report the gates are shut, meanwhile they continue to take donations and as Sheikha says post pictures of other equines not at their stables.

Ponytails

New User
Visit site
I see that a kind lady who painted auctioned some paintings, has given them just over £350. Will wait for the next begging plea for feed or rent monies to be asked for. How the admin can still sit there, when they have only posted statements from one of the 5 accounts, is beyond me :/

Dobiegirl

Visit site
It would appear that TEHP have reverted to type and are trying to cause mischief for members of the Q & As group, they are sending out disgusting pms and have hacked into another members account and are sending abusive racial comments in her name to other groups.

This has all been handed to the police and will be used in the ongoing fraud investigation.

sheikha

New User
Visit site
It would appear that TEHP have reverted to type and are trying to cause mischief for members of the Q & As group, they are sending out disgusting pms and have hacked into another members account and are sending abusive racial comments in her name to other groups.

This has all been handed to the police and will be used in the ongoing fraud investigation.
That's shocking! Why would anyone do that? I think I am far too naive! Anyhow, let us not loose focus on what is important here, which is the welfare of the animals at Mrs Ashleigh Ahmed's stables.... Does anyone have any news, I have been away so out of touch a bit.....

Lady Luna

Visit site
I saw all that on Facebook Dobiegirl, an asylum somewhere is missing an inmate.
It can only mean they are feeling very threatened by the Q&A page which does have some very damming evidence concerning the treatment of the rescue horses. I find it amusing as it's so easy to tell by which comments on the page are from supporters of TEHP as they don't have a clue what's actually going on in Nazlet, instead they spend their time attacking posts by others who DO appear to know what is going on. Those pictures of Cena pulling a carriage of 6 men was so awful, these 'rescue' horses are supposed to be resting and recovering from injuries not being hired out to work

Dobiegirl

Visit site
That's shocking! Why would anyone do that? I think I am far too naive! Anyhow, let us not loose focus on what is important here, which is the welfare of the animals at Mrs Ashleigh Ahmed's stables.... Does anyone have any news, I have been away so out of touch a bit.....

Unfortunately on the TEHP page there is no updates although they say there is, there is just a rehash of old stories, not one mention about the three legged donkey or his new iron leg let alone a photo and as for Skippy whose owner whipped him over to PFK for proper treatment there is no mention. The admins come on to the Q&A page and ask us questions which we are happy to answer unlike their page who deletes anyone that asks a question and we are all banned from there anyway. I would imagine the donations have dropped off dramatically since they have been exposed as scam artists so are doing their level best to protect their nest egg and attack us using nasty pms and hacking into peoples account.

Lady Luna

Visit site
Wow, it's all kicking off on Facebook! This weirdo hiding behind a fake profile called Reek Havvock has copied the account of a Q&A supporter and sending vile racist and homophobic messages to this poor lady's friends and the admin of good causes she supports. Reek is so obviously unbalanced, she was ranting on another page, naming people as poisonous then apologising for her posts claiming she was having a breakdown and that she had been "messed with" as a child by her father!! Clearly unhinged. What is so worrying about it all is that this person is closely involved with TEHP and trying her upmost to scare off the ladies running the Q&A page. I worry greatly for the animals kept at TEHP who have the misfortune to be caught up in this shambles of a rescue clearly run by deranged people. What do they have to hide that they would go to such extreme lengths to silence these women? Very worrying indeed

Dobiegirl

Visit site
TEHP is right to be worried, there is an active fraud investigation going on and all this hacking accounts and sending abusive pms and posting on other groups is an attempt by them to deflect and intimidate the TEHP Q&A group. They are doomed to failure because all this has done is made people more determined to make sure the full truth comes out about TEHP and they feel the full weight of the law.

Lady Luna

Visit site
That explains a lot Dobiegirl. I have been giving this situation a lot of thought since that poor lady's account was so revoltingly used and what you wrote makes perfect sense. If I was running a rescue and all was above board and these 'poisonous' women began libeling me on a public forum I would just say "if you think you have proof then let's see it". If on the other hand I was running a rescue and skimming off the top to pay my mortgage off, buy myself a lovely new car and having a swimming pool built in my garden I would be feeling very, very worried that I was perhaps facing some prison time and would definitely want to silence them. Would I go to those extremes though? Definitely not. They must be making an awful lot of money to be behaving so very badly but hopefully they will be made to pay for their wickedness, that day can't come soon enough for those sweet, innocent animals caught up in this very sorry saga

Lady La La

Visit site
TEHP is right to be worried, there is an active fraud investigation going on and all this hacking accounts and sending abusive pms and posting on other groups is an attempt by them to deflect and intimidate the TEHP Q&A group. They are doomed to failure because all this has done is made people more determined to make sure the full truth comes out about TEHP and they feel the full weight of the law.

Sounds messy. It's good that their behaviour is being taken seriously though, surely they can't still have any supporters left?

Lady Luna

Visit site
Unfortunately there are many gullible people out there Dobiegirl. My personal belief concerning this charade of a rescue is this: the ladies running the Q&A page are currently doing a sterling job exposing all the lies surrounding TEHP but still fools continue to send money and I think the reason is very simple, they really can't accept that they have been taken for a mug by a slip of a girl and refuse to believe she did it so well and so easily so to save face they continue supporting. If they want to send her their money not ever knowing whether it goes into her pocket or pays for hay then that's their choice, there's none so blind as those that refuse to see so the saying goes. It's a sad world indeed where hurt pride comes before animal welfare

Visit site
There are various other rescues in Egypt, some well known others not so much. How does anyone who sends donations know how the money is being used ?

Dobiegirl

Visit site
There are various other rescues in Egypt, some well known others not so much. How does anyone who sends donations know how the money is being used ?

The simple answer is ask them some questions, if they ignore your questions, fob you off or delete and block you then walk away. If rescues are not a registered charity and do not show any accounts, horses disappear, horses fail to thrive then that would be a red flag for me.

claireannejames

Visit site
This 'Charity' now has one donkey with a broken front leg that they've amputated instead of putting to sleep, another with a broken front leg awaiting the vet that amputated the first donkey, instead of being put to sleep, a mule with a broken front leg still being kept alive for xrays and still not xrayed after a week and a half.... the torment goes on.

Lady Luna

Visit site
Add to that Claire no feed in the feed room and the animal there in a shocking state. The owner has now been in Australia since February leaving her husband and 2 young boys in charge of 24+ animals. Recently the husband went away for a few days and a donkey died and the starving dogs left there began to eat it! Unfortunately the horror continues with no sign of ending soon as Ash has now began fund raising in Australia after the fraud office here in the UK took an interest in her 'activities'

claireannejames

Visit site
Latest news is that whilst Ashleigh has spent the last few months in Australia whilst the horses in Cairo have been getting no hard feed and hay only rations, with constant appeals for funds (she's additionally been appealing for money ostensibly to register the charity in Egypt to ease the transfer of money from Australia to Egypt), now it appears her stable boy husband has just put a down payment to rent a nice farm in an affluent area. I wonder when those who donate to her will realise what a nice lifestyle they are funding for her whilst her poor animals suffer.

Last edited: