The Egypt Horse Project ?

Spring Feather

Visit site
Thank you Amymay, I have deleted already. Maybe I am being overly sensitive at the moment and need to 'man up'......

You have a lot going on, focus your attention on your father. This doesn't need to be about you, the thread concerns TEHP.
I agree with Lady La La, this thread isn't about you at all; TEHP will continue, or not as the case may be, with or without you so take time away from all that nonsense and go look after you father and spend the time with him.

Lady Luna

Visit site
Has anyone seen the latest pictures of some of the TEHP horses? Several months of their care and lots of dosh donated by supporters and the horses look......well, pretty much the same. Ummmm.......I would expect to have seen some improvement by now

CAYLA

Visit site
So basically there is no way of telling if these poor horses will get the hay that people have donated and paid for? I am really surprised people are still donating!

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I agree Cayla how can you be sure they are actually getting it, anyone who goes on TEHP and see the latest photos of the horses, the palamino on there is called Thor. He came in 7months ago and still looks very poor, coat all wrong and he looks exhausted, he is probabley still being used as a carriage horse paying for his keep.

Lady Luna

Visit site
I did question some months ago as to why some of the horses were being shod and clipped as surely only horses in medium to hard work need clipping and not surprisingly my comments were ignored and deleted. I later heard from somebody who lives near TEHP stables that Ash was working the horses day and night through the Eid......and there was silly old me thinking this was a rescue facility

CAYLA

Visit site
Clearly they only want praise and money, if you are not prepared to dish either out then basically your opinions and questions don't count. disgusting where donations are involved.

exracehorse

Visit site
I really don't know what to make of this whole mess. I have been a supporter of TEHP for over a year now and recommended the page to friends who subsequently became sponsers (financially). It wasn't until mention of 'abuse' photos were talked about on the page and I was directed to the opposition facebook page that, I realised there was a problem. I have not given much over the past year but probably a good £200 when you factor in buying raffle tickets etc for Olympia and auctions. Plus monies for the purchase of Danny, sponsorship of Lunar and other medical bills. In fact, I paypalled over £20 at the beginning of the month for Skippy the donkey. So, was obviously alarmed when it all hit the fan just after I had made a payment. I loved seeing the saddle pads being handed out, the tack, the injuries treated, the feed given to the street horses. I could see a difference. And therefore, had no hesitation in sending over monies. I gave money towards the purchase of Danny. Now, this is where I struggle to understand this whole situation. Danny was a walking hat rack when he came into the centre. Look at him now. Wonderful. Some say that Thor doesn't look good. But to be honest, he looks pretty dam good compared to the horses working out on the streets. The 'abuse' photos were hardly abusive. I was expecting a lot worse when I opened the facebook page. There have been many many visitors to TEHP and nothing was mentioned about their concerns, Matt an English equine dentist spent nearly a month at the centre and he was full of praise. If he thought it was dodgy, then why did he not raise any questions? TEHP are saying that its a witch hunt and if this is the case, then they have achieved their dream as it is folding, in the current sense. I don't know what will happen in the future. What horses Ash takes. Who will take over the centre. Where will the monies come from? TEHP has lost nearly all its supports and therefore its donations. I am not donating as I feel uncertain about it all. You see, I have seen good things but, its all turned sour and something isn't sitting right in my lap. I do agree that the charity status has been going on for a jolly long time. Horses have appeared and gone without a full explanation. Unless I missed a post, I still don't know exactly how Morsy and the old girl Joey died. Thankfully there is a photo of Gamil now on their web page as I was wondering what had happened to him, consisdering how poorly he was but, to be fair, he looks fantastic. I shall still follow TEHP as I felt a big part of it over the past year and perhaps I don't want to think that I have been conned. Does Ash have stashes of cash in her bank accounts? I don't know. Equally, I don't think she received huge amounts each month from the supporters and she did have rent to pay for, staff, hay at a premium price (I believe £5 a bale), vets bills etc. That's the other thing, some of the donkeys and horses were gelded, at that would have cost a pretty penny. I am just confused by it all. I am not jumping sides or joining in the bitching that is going on. I am just going to follow and see what unfolds. I just hope that the horses are all ok when it comes to the move. The jury is still out and I shall leave it that way.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
When they first started out it was good, questions asked were answered in the beginning then the rot set in, too many horses disappeared without a mention. Posts were pulled too so it was impossible to find out what was going on and then the admins started to leave which is a worry in itself.

You say Thor looks good compared to the street horses and yes by that criteria he does but they have had him for 7months and he still looks very poor. I know in that time he would have looked fantastic at PFK so why can they do it and not TEHP, some of the cases they have taken in beggars belief poor Morsey with his hooves hanging off should have been pts. The latest is the donkey Bahia who had his leg amputated and is awaiting a metal one , they removed all reference to this donkey when questions were being asked, some of the supporters are not horsey and just see them as being very kind.

There are some horses that look reasonably well there but there is suggestions that these are the ones Ash is taking to Dahab, as for the donations you would be shocked if you knew how much they were, on the Q&As page a lot of people have come on and said how much they have donated, this has been confirmed by the former admins of TEHP who are now members of the Q&A group. One lady donated £2,500 and thats just one donation, supporters paid for Ash to go back to Australia too, air miles or some such.

As for vet bills who knows we dont see any published accounts, it has been alleged that some vets wont go there due to unpaid bills. Ash lied about her trimming qualifications, she only completed 3months of a 3yr course, that in itself is very worrying as to the damage she could be doing.

I just think the people who donate would be better going to someone who does a far better job like Esaf and the Brooke.

claireannejames

Visit site
Danny was a walking hat rack when he came into the centre. Look at him now. Wonderful. Some say that Thor doesn't look good. But to be honest, he looks pretty dam good compared to the horses working out on the streets.
You see, therein you have some of the problem. Thor looks bloody awful, ribby and with nothing covering his bum, and depressed. He may not look like the horses working in the street, but there's no such thing as looking pretty damn good 'for Egypt' or 'by Egypt standards'. A horse is a horse is a horse nomatter where in the world it is, and a horse that is supposed to be being looked after for SEVEN MONTHS by somebody who not only claims to know what she is doing, and claims she's following a nutritionist's feeding programme, and someone who has raised funds to care for these animals from generous donators, to have that horse 'not looking good' is absolutely and utterly indefensible. This horse was also worked throughout the Eid holiday to earn it's keep. Would you be happy if you'd had a horse for seven months and it still looked like that? Just please go and take a look at some of the longer term rescues at PFK, even those they've only had four or five months, and they look pretty damn good compared to horses ANYWHERE.

claireannejames

Visit site
and even Danny is still slim, his hip bones and spine protrude more than they should, and he's ribby. He's also 2 years old and already being ridden by TEHP staff including the founder Ashley who promised he would do nothing for a year.

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
She is still riding underweight, young horses? Oh that's a surprise... Not. But apparently, according to her supporters, that's ok to do. When I said you would have jumped all over someone doing that in this country all I got was 'but this is Egypt and it's different out there'. Errr no... a thin horse is a thin horse regardless of where in the world it is.

I thoroughly dislike this woman. She is a user and abuser, and the sooner people realise this and stop sending her money to line her own pocket, the better. Those poor, poor horses :(

Dobiegirl

Visit site
On the Q&A group they have news of a young donkey that has died at TEHP, people have asked on the TEHP page and their questions are being deleted, considering we knew Morsey had died before it was disclosed to TEHPs supporter and donaters and that wasn't until 4 days later

What the hell is going on there and when will supporters wake up and smell the coffee, this is no way to run a rescue.

Lady Luna

Visit site
Her supporters condoning her behaviour because the horses have the misfortune to live in Egypt??? Abuse is abuse and starvation is starvation no matter where in the world it takes place. The members of ASS (Ash's Stupid Supporters) really are as nasty as her, still reeling at them using a photo of a horse that died months ago on fb yesterday to raise funds for hay, they really are a rotten bunch

Dobiegirl

Visit site
We have very sad news to report. Little baby donkey Jojo has passed away. She became ill and the vet was immediately telephoned and asked to attend. However, before the vet arrived little Jojo passed away.
We are all heartbroken at TEHP. Rest in Peace baby Jojo.

This has been confirmed a short while ago by TEHP, Q &As heard about this hours ago and people asking on TEHP had their posts deleted. This is another one who died before the vet could attend, what on earth is going on.

Aussie777

New User
Visit site
Have been following this story with interest. I have never supported TEHP but do support PFK and seem to remember some time ago Ash and a friend came from England with much enthusiasm to "help" at PFK. There was from memory some dispute over just what this help entailed and it seemed Ash was most upset they didn't drop everything, welcome her with open arms and give lots of praise for all she had done for them. It seems that TEHP was born out of her belief she could do a better job?? I am also interested to see one of her biggest supporters is another person who felt they were hard done by PFK and stirred up a lot of trouble. The pictures speak for themselves..... She may have a heart to help animals but seems she doesn't have what it takes to do this successfully.

Capriole

Visit site
The very first time I heard of this charity was a post from this OP last year, in which she was trash talking other charities, namely PFK, which left a sour taste in my mouth and this and the OPs attitude certainly made me determine that TEHP would not be a charity I would be happy to support. I see nothing has changed, for the better anyway.

I have since followed threads however, and am really quite baffled by how many times the OP mentions requests to have her posts on here removed, and how many times she needs to be told that she can't, before she gets it.

Lady Luna

Visit site
Your post bears out what I had been told by someone who was actually at PFK when Ash arrived. This person thought she was really nice at the beginning but it soon became obvious that the thing that interested her most was the donations that were coming in, she kept on saying that she couldn't believe people were actually sending all that money and always asked about the money before she asked how the horses were getting on. This person who was there believes that the primary reason TEHP was set up was the massive donations easily available, the horses were just a means to an end. I myself suspect she keeps the badly injured animals that others would pts as they tug at the heart strings of many people and raise the most funds. I have heard that locally she is known as 'The Angel of Death' which I can believe as she tours around at night in her fancy black carriage looking for horses close to death just like the grim reaper

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Jojo was an orphan donkey who was thrown onto a rubbish dump. She was filthy,matted and covered in ticks. She was clipped to get rid of the matts and given a coat to wear at night. Jojo was wormed and attended to by the staff at TEHP and only as recently as last was given a vet check and checked by a farrier.
Luckily she found her way to TEHP where she had food and love for the only time in her short life.
When TEHP leaves Naslet donkeys like Jojo will have nowhere to go.
Like · Reply · 3 hours ago

That was from TEHP this morning, this donkey wasn't clipped she was scalped, that's the only way to describe it and equines wear rugs not coats, another instance of their lack of knowledge.

They are saying there is nowhere else for the donkeys to go which is another untruth as there is a donkey sanctuary in Cairo and PFK have taken in one of TEHPs donkeys when the owner thought PFK was a far better option.

Ponytails

New User
Visit site
I saw PFK had taken in Skippy, who in fact doesn't turn out to be an orphan as TEHP said. He has a mum and the owner has asked he stays at PFK for a bit as his mum is worked. I suggest TEHP take lessons in sexing the animals too. So far, they have mistaken a grey mare for a grey stallion, a bitch for a dog and now Skippy is also actually male not female. If they can't actually sex the animals correctly, it doesn't bode well for any other care :/

Lady Luna

Visit site
You really couldn't make it up could you? I suppose Skippy being an 'orphan' tugs at the heart strings a little more so people dig a little deeper into their pockets
Can't tell a mare from a stallion or a dog from a bitch......unbelievable!!
Bet there's no confusion when she's counting up the dosh ��

Lady La La

Visit site
The very first time I heard of this charity was a post from this OP last year, in which she was trash talking other charities, namely PFK, which left a sour taste in my mouth and this and the OPs attitude certainly made me determine that TEHP would not be a charity I would be happy to support. I see nothing has changed, for the better anyway.

I have since followed threads however, and am really quite baffled by how many times the OP mentions requests to have her posts on here removed, and how many times she needs to be told that she can't, before she gets it.

The OP of this thread is me? So your post leaves me confused?
I've NEVER trashed PFK, I support them wholeheartedly... and I haven't ever asked for one of my posts to be removed either

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I saw PFK had taken in Skippy, who in fact doesn't turn out to be an orphan as TEHP said. He has a mum and the owner has asked he stays at PFK for a bit as his mum is worked. I suggest TEHP take lessons in sexing the animals too. So far, they have mistaken a grey mare for a grey stallion, a bitch for a dog and now Skippy is also actually male not female. If they can't actually sex the animals correctly, it doesn't bode well for any other care :/

You would have thought when they were clipping Skippy they would have noticed he was a boy lol

Megibo

Visit site
I've NEVER trashed PFK, I support them wholeheartedly... and I haven't ever asked for one of my posts to be removed either

I think she might mean Lochinvar ?? Otherwise I didn't understand that post either.

After reading this thread have been to look at the PFK page, really impressive will be giving my support to them now.

BlueFriesian

New User
Visit site
Just joined, alerted to this forum by the The Egypt Horse Project - Questions & Concerns page. I think this person means the OP of TEHP --- Wendy is her name?

Capriole

Visit site

Yes I meant the OP of the trash talking post, sorry if you were confused, though if you know you've never trash talked PFK or asked for posts removed then you must have known I didn't mean you.