The most unusual, deranged or downright odd thing you' want to do with a horse...

JFTDWS

Visit site
When I was a slightly braver teen my brother and I would go "dragon" hunting, which involved taking the bamboo canes from the vegetable gardens as our spears, and galloping around fields bareback, I think in headcollars, and we would also do pretend jousting and sword fighting, bareback in random fields. I used to paint my pony as a native american pony, circles round it's eyes, feathers in his mane etc. I also used to round up the young cows which would frequently break onto the bridleways, pony was a natural at it

Yea... I'm not a child at all...

425449_539864083677_1726631519_n.jpg

534897_539864088667_866061644_n.jpg

150712_538290372407_2101890291_n.jpg

215313_521618408157_1182070_n.jpg

:eek:

JFTDWS

Visit site
It certainly beats my husband's interest in dressing as the Grim Reaper on horseback... unless we go rainbow pony, I think his idea is well and truly defeated by Darth Vader. ;)

Brilliant. death on horseback is always cool :D

Just need to find a rat skeleton to go with it and complete the look :D

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Odd unusual things I have already done -

I've already ridden him dressed as a pink fairy :D

picture.php

He has modelled for a fashion magazine Material Girl :p That was an interesting day with a terrified model who had never sat on a horse before :eek: I was a bit nervous that he would have flid and chuck her off but he was a true professional. He loves being admired :D

If you go to this link and click on the pages of the magazine they turn and he is on pages 11 and 12 - not the best shots from a horse perspective.
http://materialgirl-mag.com/index.php?swfName=issue_nb_20

He has been painted by the famous artist Papa Frita :D

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=579727&highlight=gorgeous

My ambition is to make a film with him on the beach and downs to the music of Truly, Madly Deeply by Savage Garden but I need a video camera or two some friends willing to walk miles to film it and to learn how to put the whole thing together using software I don't currently have.

JFTDWS

Visit site
My ambition is to make a film with him on the beach and downs to the music of Truly, Madly Deeply by Savage Garden but I need a video camera or two some friends willing to walk miles to film it and to learn how to put the whole thing together using software I don't currently have.

Have video camera (not fabulous but not bad) and editing software... Will trade skill for gallops on beach :D

Shantara

Visit site
I want to trick-or-treat as the headless horseman!

Dress as a Rohan rider.

There's much much much more, but I am so tired I can't even think!

dalesslave

Visit site
i'm afraid some may find it a little morbid but when the horrid time comes for my boy to leave this life i would really like to be able to have him stuffed (not sure on the correct term cant remember it) and mounted on wheels so i might finally be able to control him also just like the thought of being able to tie some string round his neck and take him into a supermarket. Whilst still alive i quite like the idea of some full speed legolas style archery and flying round the village in gothicky fancy dress

Shantara

Visit site
i'm afraid some may find it a little morbid but when the horrid time comes for my boy to leave this life i would really like to be able to have him stuffed (not sure on the correct term cant remember it) and mounted on wheels so i might finally be able to control him also just like the thought of being able to tie some string round his neck and take him into a supermarket. Whilst still alive i quite like the idea of some full speed legolas style archery and flying round the village in gothicky fancy dress

I must admit, if I could have afforded it, I would have the whole NAH team stuffed (Ned, Annie, Holly). I couldn't even afford to get Holly's ashes at the time :(

I could just imagine having Ned stuffed, haha! I love the idea of wheels!

kerrileigh

Visit site
Just want to say thanks to you all for improving my boring day of work by spending a good 20 minutes reading through all your crazy ideas! I will definately be driving home thinking about what cool but insane things I can try/want to do with my boys! Maybe give the whole standing on 2 horses and and cantering around jumping like what you see at Olympia.. maybe having well behaved horses would be a good idea first though! Keep the posts coming.. great entertainment when your stuck in an office all day!

Littlelegs

Visit site
I've asked my 8yr old. She wants to take her pony to an indoor play area near by, one of those ones with ball pools, slides etc, the swimming baths, bowling, & in her classroom. And just let her run loose round the supermarket. Worrying thing is the pony happily would go along with them all too, she's tried to get on a bouncy castle before now.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I like your daughter's style, LL, very cool ideas :D I'd like to join in on both!

Tallyho! I fancy a go at working eq too - I know a few people on here have done it... I reckon it's like extreme TREC (a sport I made up the other week because I think real TREC is too slow and a little dull at times :D )

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I think it would suit you down to the ground! I've a few years to wait yet while filly grows up and goes to school.... Maybe by then you will have it all set up and all we will have to do is turn up!!!! Yay!!

Littlelegs

Visit site
I think adult mounted games should become a national movement. With silly games like not spilling your beer, eating chips, lighting a cig at trot with a wind machine on etc.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Yep I think I would sign up for "galloping whilst drinking a pint of best bitter" class! Oh hang on, might clash with my laydeeee dress... Will there be a "galloping whilst drinking sherry" class?

Caol Ila

Visit site
Adult mounted games sound like a brilliant idea. Used to do it at my old barn in the States, except we still used a glass of water as there was a mix of kids and adults. I'd be far more motivated if I had a glass of nice ale to not spill!

The idea of stuffing your beloved horse and putting wheels on him is amazing.

I have, I must confess, played "Lord of the Rings" by chasing a friend, who was on foot, and pretending my dressage whip was a sword. This was somewhat stymied by the fact that my horse has better manners than I do and kept saying, "But I'm not SUPPOSED to run people down!"