The most unusual, deranged or downright odd thing you' want to do with a horse...

dalesslave

Visit site
i think i may take a course in taxidermy ! i can see a demand suddenly occuring. Seriously does anybody have any idea of the actual cost i do know somebody who does small animals but just as a hobby or anywhere that could actually do it? we are currently stabled on top of a hill so i could still jump on and have a whizz down the hill too. my friend suggested that i'd still be able to do in hand classes too!!! (would probably be more succesful !

JFTDWS

Visit site
I think adult mounted games should become a national movement. With silly games like not spilling your beer, eating chips, lighting a cig at trot with a wind machine on etc.

Awesome! I'd have to go old school and light up with matches though as I can't work lighters! :eek:

We should have a massive meet up and play these things :D

I used to play LOTR with my old collie and chase him on horseback with a sword and make him "play dead" :D

Would love a shot at SLR too...

Spotsrock

Visit site
Normally jump but a local show to us has a fun fancy dress class once a year and i'm desperate to borrow jousting gear, dress a shetland in a dragon suit and enter as george and the dragon. I don't know why and I think my ex racer would be embarrassed but I may do it this year!

Littlelegs

Visit site
I've played lotr, as well as tig & Simon says regularly, I have a child as an excuse if anyone sees me. And jockeys, which involves jockey length stirrups in a gp & racing madly about. Riding whilst facing backwards is funny too. More embarrassing I have played power rangers, cowboys, & cops & robbers on my daughters request.

Irishcobs

Visit site
I want to take my horse hunting in either a full suit of armor or a traditional cavalry uniform and lead the first canter with a sword held high and a war cry. All for charity of course (H4H). Sadly I'm struggling to find a cavalry uniform or a suit of armor light enough.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Have video camera (not fabulous but not bad) and editing software... Will trade skill for gallops on beach :D

Might take you up on that East Angular's not far from Sussex is it :D

Could be more of a you've been framed moment though as he has decided at 18 that anything more than trot is terribly exciting and much leaping about must be done! :D

Toffee44

Visit site
Awesome! I'd have to go old school and light up with matches though as I can't work lighters! :eek:

We should have a massive meet up and play these things :D

I used to play LOTR with my old collie and chase him on horseback with a sword and make him "play dead" :D

Would love a shot at SLR too...

How about a a bar lined with shots, half pass along it the who drinks the most wins:)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
did you say deranged?

307831_10150466504802932_1811173794_n.jpg

380273_10150466501017932_456972216_n.jpg

he's put up with a fair amount in his time ;) :D

There's a reason we don't have 'proper' horses JFTD :p

Last edited:

Toffee44

Visit site
I want to take my horse hunting in either a full suit of armor or a traditional cavalry uniform and lead the first canter with a sword held high and a war cry. All for charity of course (H4H). Sadly I'm struggling to find a cavalry uniform or a suit of armor light enough.

You can hire them. Have done a Russian cavalry charge. Great fun!!

tankgirl1

Visit site
Brilliant. death on horseback is always cool :D

Just need to find a rat skeleton to go with it and complete the look :D

When we had Mac I was fully planning to take my son trick or treating, with me on Mac as Death - Mac was a 17hh grey so would have been perfect as Binky :D

Feathered

Visit site
Can't find the photo of me playing jousting on my old mare, I always wanted to dress her up as a knights horse and go galloping around the fields! She would have been awesome, and would have made an excellent ring wraiths horse... But she was big and black... My little coloured just can't pull it off, bless him!

Put me down for the adult mounted games though! I would love to do this!! I never got chance to as a kid, my pony was too naughty and refused to participate... So I've got issues from always watching the other kids... I want to play!!!

cattysmith

Visit site
I want my mini shetland to live in the house and learn to jump up on the couch like a dog and just be part of the family at home!

mandwhy

Visit site
Ooh yes I am up for reenactments! I was watching game of thrones last night like look at the grass tracks! They must be having so much FUN! I would also like to dress up as Xena warrior princess and gallop about aggressively.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Nevermind lighting one. Can you ROLL a fag at walk, trot, and canter?

Oi stop selecting for the smokers :mad: I reckon my lungs would give up entirely if I introduced them to smoking, so I've never developed these skills... I can hold phone conversations and text in canter though :eek:

Equally that but drag hunting with a small hobbit with a ring running laying the scent..... :p

OK Now we're talking... Genius, genius, genius!!

Sparkles

Visit site
Oi stop selecting for the smokers :mad: I reckon my lungs would give up entirely if I introduced them to smoking, so I've never developed these skills... I can hold phone conversations and text in canter though :eek:

OK Now we're talking... Genius, genius, genius!!

:D :D :p

SecondLifeOnHere

Visit site
At the moment anything degrading or humiliating to my Yak. And once he's back off box rest, well, fit and being ridden, I shall thing of something. Cob pies anyone? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Disclaimer - he should KNOW he is on box rest as he's got a cast on his foot, and not knock stable doors off and bu88er off!

Brightbay

Visit site
I want to ride from my house along the 13 mile off road path into the centre of Glasgow, through George Square and along the main pedestrianized shopping street. Please nobody tell me there is a bye-law forbidding this :D