The Peel case horses - the lost ones

Bare hoof

Visit site
Good god, I thought all your posts were based on you being a witness and actually physically being there!! with Equine Support Services or were you with the Police? If you weren't there how the hell do you know what really happened? You are going on the 'photographic evidence' and the 'notes' you were given? Why not just draw us a bleddy picture, it would have been far more entertaining.

I was not at the peels farm , stop twisting things

sasquatch

Visit site
I have. Question for you all
How would you feel if the RSPCA came onto your property and took your animals away , and said you have neglected them. Then they go into RSPCA holdings only to suffer evan more

yes, but how can the RSPCA have gone onto her property and taken 'her' horses if she willingly signed them over when she didn't have too?
if the horses were in good condition, well looked after and in clean (or at least, they looked like they were cleaned regularly but had yet to be done) stables, they wouldn't have been seized and she wouldn't have had to sign them over surely?
how can someone make such a big mix up and shoot the wrong horses (regardless of how trigger happy they are/aren't) whilst staff seem to be standing around or holding the horse and not pointing out that it's the wrong horse or from the wrong case? are the staff really that inexperienced or uncaring they can't tell one horse apart from the next?
and lastly, why do you keep switching between my/our/I and they/their/Evie and Rachelle?

It feels like Bare hoof should change their name so they have the initials BS.

Bare hoof

Visit site
yes, but how can the RSPCA have gone onto her property and taken 'her' horses if she willingly signed them over when she didn't have too?
if the horses were in good condition, well looked after and in clean (or at least, they looked like they were cleaned regularly but had yet to be done) stables, they wouldn't have been seized and she wouldn't have had to sign them over surely?
how can someone make such a big mix up and shoot the wrong horses (regardless of how trigger happy they are/aren't) whilst staff seem to be standing around or holding the horse and not pointing out that it's the wrong horse or from the wrong case? are the staff really that inexperienced or uncaring they can't tell one horse apart from the next?
and lastly, why do you keep switching between my/our/I and they/their/Evie and Rachelle?

It feels like Bare hoof should change their name so they have the initials BS.
Why do people keep twisting everything and asking pointless questions
The staff that worked at equine support were useless and didn't have a clue . Paperwork was not in order along with other alarming problems. I don't have the answers to why the animals got seized. The only answers I have are of the case horses that came in to the equine support centre, and what went on there.

dominobrown

Visit site
So if thats the case how can you comment on the conditions at the farm (which you stated you knew), the characters of the Peels, which again, you know.
Now you are saying that you looked at some notes.
So evidence in court is wrong, but these notes you have are correct?
Who wrote the magic notes?
Your state you were "very much involved" and now seem to deny that?

Also you style of writing changes a lot!
To answer your question about people on here twisting everything, we aren't. We do however have at least 1 brain cell between us and know bs when we see it!

What would be nice to come from this thread if H&H journalists decide to relook into this case, the Peels now, maybe leading in the case going back to court, and the rspca being invesrigated. I think there are lot of people want to know the truth, and the more you draw attention to it bare hoof, it may actually happen. Maybe you actual want it all to be reinvestigated again?

ossy

Visit site
The staff that worked at equine support were useless and didn't have a clue . Paperwork was not in order along with other alarming problems. I don't have the answers to why the animals got seized. The only answers I have are of the case horses that came in to the equine support centre, and what went on there.

Are you including yourself in that statement as you do claim to be a ex staff member.
And just to be clear you never went to the farm, you only saw the horses that actually came into the "rescue centre" at the GG centre, the majority of which were ok, but majority does not mean all, you didn't see those that went to happa and what your basing your argument on is notes that you were given, and you have no idea why the horses were seized.

sasquatch

Visit site

okay, but I thought the horses went to the GG Centre, and were shot there, rather than the equine support centre... even if the paperwork was a mess, I would hope that anyone working in equine support would be able to tell one horse apart from the other. I believe you have stated earlier you held Taragun when she was shot, so don't see why you, as someone who has said you're very familiar with Arabians, couldn't realise the other horses were the wrong horses.

You've made several statements about what condition the farm was in, yet now are claiming you don't know what happened at Rachelle's farm or why Rachelle signed some of the horses over (they weren't all seized) - so why you are claiming that 2 dead horses were dug up when you weren't actually there, never went there and had nothing to do with that, I don't understand?

No one is twisting anything, they are just trying to get answers to simple questions you don't seem to be able to answer, yet claim conflicting claims of having insider information - quite simply, if the Peels are going to court and you have genuine insider information that would help their case, I don't believe you would be posting here :)

Wella

Visit site
Just out of interest how did they (as in RSPCA) know all their names? When my ex boss had his horses taken away none of the names were known and all changed. I'm asking in general not aimed at bs.

Last edited:

FreyaBean

Visit site
Wella - Were the passports handed over with the horses taken away?
They'd have descriptions then at least to know names??
Or perhaps they were told who was who when the were taken?
I have no idea, but very good question - hadn't even thought of that!!

FreyaBean

Visit site
Possibly, I had my girl's name added to it when I changed ownership.
Has her prefix name and then underneath, aka - stable name.
But that's something I chose to have added - I have no idea if that's a regular thing passport companies do.

If they were passported with AHS, I don't know what their passports are like, as my girl isn't passported with them [breeders messed up registering her, so she can't be registered with AHS unfortunately :( )

Faracat, do AHS put stable names in the passports?? x

FreyaBean

Visit site
Would RSPCA have bothered with reading chips?
Although, if they knew they were going to dispose of them anyway, would they have bothered?

Passports weren't returned to AHS either were they?

Wella

Visit site
We just put stickers on the front of ours. So maybe they had. It just seems that all their names were known. So they must of had passports handed over or someone named them. So how come some were shot and some handed back. Looking on sports horse register they were in Evie's name.
But surely the chip wouldn't be in the stable name?

FreyaBean

Visit site
The chip would match up with the passport name, you're right...
Then it seems they would have been informed of their stable names when taken. Or given a list perhaps?
Most cases where horses are removed by RSP'C'A, they're renamed by an officer. But that's usually when they're going to be rehomed or fostered out or adopted.
Inside info? Someone who knew the horses, but was working for RSPCA?

That's a bit of a mystery actually.

Damnation

Visit site
The have a fantastic reputable reputation, which is now been ruined.

They did that thelselves when they allowed their animal care to constitute "Medium length neglect". - As quoted directly from the Judge of the trial.

I am not the only person with this experience. Is there really any point in continuing this discussion with this person?

No, but it bumps the post up :)

I was not at the peels farm , stop twisting things

I have refrained from becoming emotional, but OMG I nearly wet myself laughing.

How dare you comment on the below when you weren't even there.

1) What was found at the farm
2) The conditions at the farm
3) The amount of dead animals

Equine Support recieved a number of horses which were shot. Why on earth would they give you full case notes regarding the case? Why on earth would they give you any information other than vital information?

All the horses were taken to stables approved by the RSPCA. On arrival at the Equine Support Centre in Whenby run by Mr Wilson, Cresh was examined by a vet with seven other horses, four days after arriving.

As another poster pointed out - the papers are very well versed in accurately reporting court cases, the implications if they lie are huge.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Frankly I am more inclined to believe what was said, in court, under oath by a witness deemed valid than a randomer on the internet who admits they never went to the farm.

Avonbrook

www.avonbrookstud.co.uk
Yes they should be chipped and DNA'd.

The first of mine to have required chipping on registration as a foal was born in 2010 but I think it came in during 2009, it was just that my 2009 foal was born in February and was registered before the start date hit. The older ones have only been chipped as and when they have started competing affiliated or, in the case of EnduranceGB where it is not a requirement, FEI.

I've never asked the AHS to include a stable name in the passport so I don't know on that one.

Like so many of us I am following this with a sick, horrified fascination having also been taken in by the Peel's image - though fortunately not having the agony of knowing that they had, or still have(!), a horse of my breeding.

budatiger

Visit site
Rachelle Peel was certainly not backward in her propensity to share stories to all and sundry about the successes of her daughter & horses. Just look at some of the old Arabian Lines posts.....full blown essays in self-congratulation. Following that behaviour pastern, if innocent, at the point of horses being seized, would you not expect her to kick up a massive stink, publicise to all and sundry, and generally shout from the roof tops to clear her name? Wouldn't you expect her to contact owners of loan horses to vouch for her? Wouldn't you expect her to contact the AHS, WAHO? I certainly would. However, there was nothing. Screams guilty to me. Just my opinion.

Damnation

Visit site
Rachelle Peel was certainly not backward in her propensity to share stories to all and sundry about the successes of her daughter & horses. Just look at some of the old Arabian Lines posts.....full blown essays in self-congratulation. Following that behaviour pastern, if innocent, at the point of horses being seized, would you not expect her to kick up a massive stink, publicise to all and sundry, and generally shout from the roof tops to clear her name? Wouldn't you expect her to contact owners of loan horses to vouch for her? Wouldn't you expect her to contact the AHS, WAHO? I certainly would. However, there was nothing. Screams guilty to me. Just my opinion.

Breeders and previous owners were falling over themselves to get these horses back yet they were branded as "unsuitable for rehoming" and shot? Very strange.

The RSPCA and various charities try to rehome hundreds of mediocre horses but these well bred and valuable Arabs were unsuitable...

be positive

Visit site
Breeders and previous owners were falling over themselves to get these horses back yet they were branded as "unsuitable for rehoming" and shot? Very strange.

The RSPCA and various charities try to rehome hundreds of mediocre horses but these well bred and valuable Arabs were unsuitable...

I think by the time people found out the horses had been taken it was too late as most had been shot, the RSPCA were not interested in even trying to communicate with the AHS and I think used the data protection act to "hide behind" rather than reveal what had actually happened, it was not known about the fate of the dead ones until part way through the court case until then I think the people who would have offered homes thought they were still alive, in safe hands and would be rehomed once the case had finished, the rest were kept as had not been signed over, I totally agree that these would have been far easier to find homes for than the numerous mediocre animals they do keep and make such a fuss to get back to health.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Any answers yet, Barehoof? One minute you were there, then you weren't. You were part of the Equine Support Service, then their performance was crap. Make your mind up.

Anyway.

Merlod

Visit site
Oh look, Barehoof has dropped out of this thread just like "Evie" abandoned the AL thread after not getting the sympathy and restored "good rep" that they expected. Presumably Rachelle is both anyway as I said previouly the denial, empty legal threats etc smacks of her. She must think the world is blind/stupid. It's not going to happen, there is no getting out of what she's done, however much time will pass.

Damnation

Visit site
I think by the time people found out the horses had been taken it was too late as most had been shot, the RSPCA were not interested in even trying to communicate with the AHS and I think used the data protection act to "hide behind" rather than reveal what had actually happened, it was not known about the fate of the dead ones until part way through the court case until then I think the people who would have offered homes thought they were still alive, in safe hands and would be rehomed once the case had finished, the rest were kept as had not been signed over, I totally agree that these would have been far easier to find homes for than the numerous mediocre animals they do keep and make such a fuss to get back to health.

Of course, you are right regarding people not knowing until after the horses were shot.

It is for me one of the worst aspects of the case - owners, breeders, previous owners all not knowing if their horse is dead, alive, been shot, missing, suffered horrible neglect etc.

I agree that the horses seized were not in horiffic shape, all very easily sorted issues like a foot trim, some hay and some cream. I don't agree with their "star" horses however being in very good condition with all needs catered for whilst there were others in fields grazing along side dead companions or locked in the same pen as perished horses.

I still want answers relating to the 7 dead horses, as submitted in evidence and accepted under oath in a court of law from witnesses ****who actually attended the scene****.

Why did those horses die? Why were they not disposed of in accordance to the law? Who were they?

I would also want to know about the horses who are unaccounted for.

LadySam

Visit site
Although there were occasionally swathes of Evie's AL posts copied and pasted here, I'm confident it wasn't Rachelle or Evie. It was someone else who was part of the Arabian horse scene and the subject of another infamous horse welfare case, and had a similar experience of the horse community not accepting their ridiculous excuses. She also refused to accept responsibility for her actions and had reason to empathise with their situation.

She wasn't a very good liar or advocate and obviously found the straightforward questions impossible to answer in a way that would put her or the Peels in a positive light.