The SNP and Mrs Nicola Sturgeon

Judgemental

The Internet makes one's location irrelevant
Visit site
Let all good hunting folk, country men and women. Patriots of this great nation, not lose sight of the greatest threat to the stability of the United Kingdom in the form of the SNP and Mrs Nicola Sturgeon.

Their and her agenda, is wholly incompatible with a cohesive nation.

Furthermore their activities in the House of Commons are disruptive and gratuitously uncooperative.

The sooner we have English votes for English Laws the better.

Also, unless Mrs Sturgeon learns to behave herself and act in the best interests of the whole of the United Kingdom, she should find funding under Barnett Consequential for Scotland, dramatically curtailed.

Alec Swan

Visit site
……..

Their and her agenda, is wholly incompatible with a cohesive nation.

…….. .

Had we a cohesive nation, I'd accept your point!

That said, Mrs Sturgeon is vixen like in her guile, and the SNP currently seem to hold the balance of persuasion, if not power. I wonder what would have happened if the Scottish Indy vote had gone the other way and by an equally narrow margin. Would the lady have been in support, and risked losing the level of currently disruptive influence which she has? The woman's an opportunist, nothing more or less.

Alec.

Judgemental

Visit site
Had we a cohesive nation, I'd accept your point!

That said, Mrs Sturgeon is vixen like in her guile, and the SNP currently seem to hold the balance of persuasion, if not power. I wonder what would have happened if the Scottish Indy vote had gone the other way and by an equally narrow margin. Would the lady have been in support, and risked losing the level of currently disruptive influence which she has? The woman's an opportunist, nothing more or less.

Alec.

Exactly Alec you are hitting the nail on the head when you say "is vixen like in her guile".

That was certainly what I saw, with her new £2,000.00 suit to ingratiate herself with the EU heads of state, following the Brexit Vote, in the most vain glorious display of impossible self importance we have seen from a politician for many moons.

The most constructive thing folk who post on this forum can do, is impress upon their MP's the very urgent need for English Votes for English Laws.

Hopefully, for contributors here, north of the border, to let it be known and join in the ground swell of Anglo Scottish cohesiveness and for the Sturgeon to be reduced in importance and esteem. It is only her activities that are fueling the SNP.

Hopefully the Campaign for Rural England etc will join the need.

Buddy'sMum

Visit site
That was certainly what I saw, with her new £2,000.00 suit to ingratiate herself with the EU heads of state, following the Brexit Vote, in the most vain glorious display of impossible self importance we have seen from a politician for many moons.

Oh please! what is the woman supposed to wear, a bloody bin bag?

Hopefully, for contributors here, north of the border, to let it be known and join in the ground swell of Anglo Scottish cohesiveness and for the Sturgeon to be reduced in importance and esteem. It is only her activities that are fueling the SNP.

Ground swell of Anglo Scottish cohesiveness? :D:D:D What rock are you living under, Judgemental?

As for English votes for English laws, yeah, you can have that. Just as soon as Scots get a government they actually voted for!!

Countryman

Visit site
As for English votes for English laws, yeah, you can have that. Just as soon as Scots get a government they actually voted for!!

I think that's commonly known as the Scottish Government. The sooner the situation is evened out by giving English MP's votes on solely English matters, the better.

Judgemental

Visit site
I think that's commonly known as the Scottish Government. The sooner the situation is evened out by giving English MP's votes on solely English matters, the better.

Excellent comment Countryman.

The sooner these Scots come to their senses and realise that Scotland will not remain in the EU, largely because the EU won't entertain them - ever.

That and the sooner they consider the practicalities and look at proper patriotism towards the UK, which will be reciprocated with equal patriotism.

Frankly Sturgeon is living in Cloud Cuckoo land, in order to give herself a platform upon which to grandstand her inflated misguided ego, that you could not smash with a steam hammer.

popsdosh

Visit site
Last edited:

alainax

Visit site
The op is surely having a laugh right? No one is that narrow minded!

Op, try living in a country where your vote doesn't count.

Let's imagine the English vote for a Centre right government, but a bigger country next door decide they want a far left government. so you just have to lump it with the far left. Imagine England all vote and wish to remain as is, but The bigger country next door want to join up with a new allegiance with the Far East. You also just have to put up with that. Imagine living in a country where there is no such thing as democracy, where what your fellow countrymen vote for is not what they get, infact the polar opposite. Scotland and England are very different countries, what suits one does not suit the other. The people of Scotland vote to try and do what is best for their country, and yet posters like this seem to think we are just north England.

If you want cohesion, you need to find a solution where each country is given the opportunity to flourish, and not be dictated to by the wishes of another which simply do not fit. A United Kingdom where each country works together on a united front, whilst understanding the needs of the separate entities and not forcing them into a situation where democracy fails.

I am Scottish and have no issues with English votes on things that only matter in England. But in the same respect, Scotland should not be forced against its will to do whatever the hell England wants!

Last edited:

Judgemental

Visit site

Let's imagine the English vote for a Centre right government, but a bigger country next door decide they want a far left government. so you just have to lump it with the far left. Imagine England all vote and wish to remain as is, but The bigger country next door want to join up with a new allegiance with the Far East. You also just have to put up with that. Imagine living in a country where there is no such thing as democracy, where what your fellow countrymen vote for is not what they get, infact the polar opposite. Scotland and England are very different countries, what suits one does not suit the other. The people of Scotland vote to try and do what is best for their country, and yet posters like this seem to think we are just north England.

If you want cohesion, you need to find a solution where each country is given the opportunity to flourish, and not be dictated to by the wishes of another which simply do not fit. A United Kingdom where each country works together on a united front, whilst understanding the needs of the separate entities and not forcing them into a situation where democracy fails.

I am Scottish and have no issues with English votes on things that only matter in England. But in the same respect, Scotland should not be forced against its will to do whatever the hell England wants!

Its all a state of mind, you can change that, but you cannot change the geography.

The UK is a tiny collection of islands which, for example fit into the state of California two and half times. It's only 900 miles from north to south.

I have no issue with Scotland but cannot see why they think they should be a separate country.

Sturgeon went to to Brussels and was told to go home, the EU leaders were not prepared to talk to her and that I am reliably informed will always remain the position in perpetuity. Because the remaining EU members see Scotland as a financial liability, who cannot meet the membership fees.

Independence and home rule, call it what you will, it's a nice idea but it is all a fearful effort and for what?

In my humble opinion, "its a case of the grass is always greener".

Perhaps it would be a good idea to see how well disposed the new PM and her government are towards Scotland and if there is reasonable give and take, perhaps there would be additional help, if the Sturgeon stops throwing her toys out of the pram. I am very familiar with Scotland both geographically and economically.

Last edited:

Buddy'sMum

Visit site

And if you had even a remote understanding of how the Scottish Parliament works you would know that it can only legislate on certain areas, with many issues reserved for Westminster. You know, a Westminster government we didn't vote for.

I have no issue with EVEL, as long as the issues voted on are ones which truly affect England only. But I very much doubt that Mr Bercow has the ability to make that determination. So no, it's not levelling the playing field at all.

popsdosh

Visit site
I must admit I really struggle to take the independance stance seriously when she is still happy to be ruled from Brussels.

Secretly NS got exactly what she wanted and expected from the referendum. the chance to force another independence vote except im not sure she has the balls to risk it as there maybe a backlash when people see through it. I think a lot of the remain campain miss the irony that if scotlands vote was judged on its own ,the out campaign has an even larger majority without our northern cousins .

Countryman

Visit site

Funnily enough that has happened many times in the past - with Labour being kept in power in Westminster, and so consequently ruling England, due to large numbers of Labour MP's elected in Scotland. But it was accepted that this was a price to pay when in a political union that has been incredibly successful for the last 300 years.

popsdosh

Visit site
And if you had even a remote understanding of how the Scottish Parliament works you would know that it can only legislate on certain areas, with many issues reserved for Westminster. You know, a Westminster government we didn't vote for.

I have no issue with EVEL, as long as the issues voted on are ones which truly affect England only. But I very much doubt that Mr Bercow has the ability to make that determination. So no, it's not levelling the playing field at all.

So please explain why she felt she had to get involved in the hunting vote in England when it had no implications at all north of the border. She had even said during the election that the SNP would not get involved. It is two faced hipocrisy we want to make our own legislation but we will quite happily screw up yours as well . Chip and shoulder are two words that may describe why.

Lintel

Visit site
Wow.
You never know what you'll encounter when you pop your head round into the Hunting Forum. - Heads back to the TackRoom.

Buddy'sMum

Visit site
So please explain why she felt she had to get involved in the hunting vote in England when it had no implications at all north of the border. She had even said during the election that the SNP would not get involved. It is two faced hipocrisy we want to make our own legislation but we will quite happily screw up yours as well . Chip and shoulder are two words that may describe why.

Well, as until the hunting ban vote, the position of the SNP had been not to vote on matters which purely concern England, I'd say she was sending a message to Cameron. Or maybe she made a stand on behalf of the 75% of the UK population who oppose fox hunting?

Judgemental

Visit site
Well, as until the hunting ban vote, the position of the SNP had been not to vote on matters which purely concern England, I'd say she was sending a message to Cameron. Or maybe she made a stand on behalf of the 75% of the UK population who oppose fox hunting?

She and her minions decided for childishly, immature and gratuitously silly reasons to Welch on an agreement with the government.

As a result use of the Statutory Instrument to amend the Hunting Act 2004, could not be used. Indeed to amend the act to bring it into line with the legislation in Scotland.

There is nothing that upsets folk more, especially country folk is people who Welch on an agreement for no good reason.

Sturgeon and her mob are not going to be forgiven for that and I dare say the co-operation she wants re the EU is simply not there as a result.

Time the lady was taught a lesson or two in good manners.

Last edited:

Judgemental

Visit site
That goes for the leader of the SNP in the House of Commons, Angus Robertson, who was thoroughly churlish and could not wish David Cameron well, at the last prime Ministers Questions, yesterday.

Instead was banging on about Scottish Independence.

If they can't stand by agreements as small as issues over the Hunting Act 2004, they can't be allowed any measure of independence because they are unreliable and very immature.

The EU are not going to give them the time of day, let alone membership.

Countryman

Visit site
Well, as until the hunting ban vote, the position of the SNP had been not to vote on matters which purely concern England, I'd say she was sending a message to Cameron.

Precisely. Playing politics with people's lives. Exactly the kind of behaviour the SNP like to pretend they are against. I suspect it has backfired though, as many English MP's are so worried by this inequality that the introduction of proper EVEL looks likely and soon.

Buddy'sMum

Visit site
Precisely. Playing politics with people's lives. Exactly the kind of behaviour the SNP like to pretend they are against. I suspect it has backfired though, as many English MP's are so worried by this inequality that the introduction of proper EVEL looks likely and soon.

Do try to keep up Countryman, EVEL has already been implemented.

Judgemental

Visit site
Oh please! what is the woman supposed to wear, a bloody bin bag?

No but if she is really interested in Scotland, instead of the overly tight fitting pencil line skirts on her derriere, leaving nothing to the imagination, a nice Tweed would be far more appropriate.

Or indeed a pleated Kilt

Short heeled brogues etc.

If you are high profile it is easy to support a primary industry making cloth for which Scotland is famous, by wearing the fabric.

When I see that, we will know there is a measure of sincerity in NS

Buddy'sMum

Visit site
No but if she is really interested in Scotland, instead of the overly tight fitting pencil line skirts on her derriere, leaving nothing to the imagination, a nice Tweed would be far more appropriate.

Or indeed a pleated Kilt

Short heeled brogues etc.

If you are high profile it is easy to support a primary industry making cloth for which Scotland is famous, by wearing the fabric.

When I see that, we will know there is a measure of sincerity in NS

:D:D:D Think it's time you tootled off back under that bridge, eh Judgemental?

Buddy'sMum

Visit site
No. It has not.
Wasn't the Housing and Planning Bill subject to EVEL?

But I'm glad you agree it is the right thing to do.
In theory, I don't have a problem with English MPs voting on issues which concern England only, which have no knock-on effects on the other countries in the UK. But I don't believe the current EVEL format guarantees this.

dibbin

Visit site
Not much to add, other than that I agree wholeheartedly with MotherOfChickens, Buddy'sMum and alainax.

Countryman - I agree, the Union has worked superbly for the last 300 years. If you're in England.

Judgemental, you are well named. Back under the bridge, please.

Last edited: