The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

Once was lost

Visit site
Tonight's pics are ever so promising, tonight or tomorrow I would say (but I have said lots of things already and Tess has made me a liar, she is good at that is old Tessy lol!).
Chris Evens and the radio 2 listeners will have to have the official birth announcement when it comes, can just hear it now, new mascot for the Chris evens show in the form of Mini T, from per birth onwards, who is up for a campaign?

You're wonderful Abbie, while Tess and Mini T are the stars you and your truly lovely family are the ones frantically pulling it all together in the back ground. All jokes aside I think an article in H&H about BOGOF foals would be a fantastic and sensible idea and an interview with you and your Mum about managing such a difficult situation would help so many people who find themselves in a similar situation.

3Beasties

Visit site
How has she not popped yet?!? :eek: :eek:

Without panicking anyone (and hopefully won't sound like an idiot for asking a stupid question) what are the chances of there being twins in there? Would the vet have checked that?

Last edited:

tessybear

Visit site

Without panicking anyone (and hopefully won't sound like an idiot for asking a stupid question) what are the chances of there being foals in there? Would the vet have checked that?

Nope ! God knows i hope not, vet did an internal check so surely would have felt two ? don't put that idea in my head :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Cavalier

Visit site
Typical. The one day I don't listen to Chris Evans is the one time I miss something important!

Hope it's soon, she's huge now.

ridefast

Visit site
Nope ! God knows i hope not, vet did an internal check so surely would have felt two ? don't put that idea in my head :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I THINK after the first scan in the first stages of pregnancy it's hard to tell if there's 2 until 2 pop out, and obviously you didn't scan her at first cos you didn't have her so it's possible!

tessybear

Visit site
I THINK after the first scan in the first stages of pregnancy it's hard to tell if there's 2 until 2 pop out, and obviously you didn't scan her at first cos you didn't have her so it's possible!

Please don't say that, if there is two it will be just our luck :(

putasocinit

Visit site
Wipe the inside of her legs with naff off, that will keep the flies away from her sexy boobies and wont make them taste horrible for foalie.

ridefast

Visit site
A possibility that if your mare has foaled before, she's always done it outside and is not comfortable foaling inside ? just a suggestion and sorry if it's already been said, don't want to come and butt in on all the great advice you have been receiving.

Good luck :)

I was wondering this too, perhaps try turning her out super early before it gets light and see if she foals then?

galaxy

Visit site

Without panicking anyone (and hopefully won't sound like an idiot for asking a stupid question) what are the chances of there being twins in there? Would the vet have checked that?

Has been crossing my mind too.. She's huge!!

Come on Tess!!!

Bionic Boy

Visit site
No need to thank us. We are all just so impressed at how well you are looking after TessyBear. a) because of your other commitments and b) because of your attitude.

There are not many your age who could cope with all the things you have over the last few weeks, the shock of having an in foal mare, your poorly grandad, driving tests and upcoming lifechanging exams! And finding the time to keep us updated with your posts too. Also, the fact that you are doing this thread for whoever will be Mini T's new owner is such a thoughtful thing.

Also, there are not many your age who would accept other peoples views on how to care for TB, (even if some are different to your own views) and you have conducted yourself in far better way than some older members on here do.

Hats off to you lovely! You are one special young lady. Now go tell TB to push!
x

Well said Fred!

Once was lost

Visit site
I admit the twin thing crossed my mind however it is far more likely that as an experienced broodie Tess has allot of 'stretch' in her due to carrying previous foals and the other thought that crossed my mind was that Dad was a big boy, I do hope that Dad wasn't too big though and that the fact Tess is no maiden mare will make her foaling nice and smooth. I guess it is just we have all become so invested in Tess, Mini T and Abbie and her family that we all have our worries for them although I keep telling myself that nature tends to take care of things a mare can't handle and problems are rare. I can't believe how emotionally invested I am in a horse I have never seen in the flesh and a role model of a 17 year old girl who I am unlikely to ever have the true pleasure of meeting. You have to love the Internet!

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
Just listened to Chris Evans.....Tessy is even more famous now. Have just had to explain to OH:confused: not sure he "gets" it!!

I just hope all goes well for you all...and I hope she hurries up I can't stand the suspense :D

Once was lost

Visit site
Yikes that came out badly I don't mean that being a '17 year old girl' is a bad thing or anything to generally look down on it is simply that I wouldn't have predicted that I would look up to somebody so much my junior, shows that age is nothing, actions are what count.
(Why do I feel like I grabbed a spade and just keep on digging my hole?)

tessybear

Visit site
Yikes that came out badly I don't mean that being a '17 year old girl' is a bad thing or anything to generally look down on it is simply that I wouldn't have predicted that I would look up to somebody so much my junior, shows that age is nothing, actions are what count.
(Why do I feel like I grabbed a spade and just keep on digging my hole?)

No no no i understood what you meant and feel so very flattered ! Thank you so much ! x

Patterdale

Visit site
When doing an internal exam after a certain time (when the uterus drops below the pelvis) the vet can only tell if she's in foal or not, not how many or accurately date the pregnancy.

But don't worry Abbie - plan plan plan and believe in fate :D

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
I really saw today's pics and thought "whoa, big changes since yesterday!". There have been fairly obvious changes between all the days recently I think but particularly between today and yesterday. She looks wonderful. :)

Try not to worry, Abbie. I'm sure nature will take its course and Tessy will foal when she is good and ready. No doubt she'll take it all in her stride.