The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

ralph and maverick

Visit site
I'm so excited, and typical when everybody us away!

Damn got to go feed now! Will check again soon as I get back.
Cant wait!

And Bella would be a lovely name, but TB is having a colt (I think!)

Hope you are keeping well Abbie x

Asha

Visit site
Ah so we could still have a while to go :( NOOOO she got my hopes up silly mare :eek:[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, all mares are different. Keep your checks up, and watch out for signs of her looking uncomfortable.

Will be thinking of you both xx

tessybear

Visit site
Can I see I'm going to be checking this thread tonight alot! :)

We're all thinking of you A+T xx
:D thank you x

ahhh tessy give us mini T!

How cruel that she's not sharing and keeping mini T all to herself!
So very cruel and selfish !

I would check her without disturbing her. As if she is being disturbed she may not feel comfortable in foaling
Oh yes i have mastered the Ninja walk ;)

Everything crossed Abbie x
Thank you lovely ! x

I'm so excited, and typical when everybody us away!

Damn got to go feed now! Will check again soon as I get back.
Cant wait!

And Bella would be a lovely name, but TB is having a colt (I think!)

Hope you are keeping well Abbie x

It is typical she picks the best of times :rolleyes: Have fun :D I love the name Bella so beautiful!
Im great thanks
x

Ah so we could still have a while to go :( NOOOO she got my hopes up silly mare :eek:

Not necessarily, all mares are different. Keep your checks up, and watch out for signs of her looking uncomfortable.

Will be thinking of you both xx[/QUOTE]

Ooo okay thank you ! I will do at least im some what prepared if she foals whilst im the only one here :eek: x

Polos Mum

Visit site
Phew thank you :) So it should change white before foaling or after :)

Fidgety - check :p has been the past few days really
Digging bed- Yes she did that tonight thought she was trying to get away from my groping hands to China, walking round in circles in her bed something she doesnt normally do

:)

Hmmm if it was me I might be setting my alarm clock for a few unsociable hours tonight (especially as you can have a lie in if she's just teasing you !)

As someone above said andy way you can check on her without her noticing?, leaving a light on in the stable so you can look out of a window and see whether she's down/ pacing round or quietly eating.

tessybear

Visit site
Any more news TB? :p
None just chases her round the stable with fly spray :rolleyes: she hasn't touched her hay though which is unlike her x

Its about time!! I swear its been the longest 16 days lol

Come on Tessy, give us this foal tonight please :D

It really, really has ! I bet she wont now i have put this on :D x

Eek!!!!! Going to see GI Joe tonight with brother and sister so if she foals while I am there I could come out to great news!!!!!
Ooo have fun :D fingers crossed

ribbons

Visit site
Sorry polos mum, not quite right there, colostrum is short lived, it's produced for about 12 hours, give or take. A bit of dripping is nothing to worry about but if mare is running milk in any quantity long before foal It could be an issue.
Not posted so far as everything seemed a way off yet, but it looks like she's on her way, but with no foaling history it still very much guess work.
I have a mare that always foals within 10 to 12 hours of waxing. By this time her bag is so big it's like one solid udder.

Another can wax up a week before foaling, but again has a huge bag in the hours before and actually shoots jets of milk in the last hour or so before foaling.

But I also have a mare who's bag is only slightly filled until the foal is actually born and then she turns the tap on.

They all tend to run true to their own form, but of course with Tessy it's all a mystery.

Just watch her closely Abbie, you know her well, she will most likely give you a clue in her behaviour, looking uncomfortable and possibly a bit worried and restless, although some experienced mares barely leave the hay net to pop it out.

Good luck, you've done brilliantly so far. Don't panic about colostrum, it is hugely important but vet can help with jabs if you think foalie may have not had enough. Does your friendly stud have any. We always keep some in the freezer for emergencies.

Also remember to keep the after birth in a damp bin for the vet or breeder friend to check, and make sure she has cleansed within 3 or 4 hours of foaling, it's usually quicker than that though.

Here we go, here we go here we go, it's game on. Enjoy it all, it is magical, I still get a lump in my throat when mare first talks to baby, even after several dozen foalings. I'm so excited for you.

tessybear

Visit site
Hmmm if it was me I might be setting my alarm clock for a few unsociable hours tonight (especially as you can have a lie in if she's just teasing you !)

As someone above said andy way you can check on her without her noticing?, leaving a light on in the stable so you can look out of a window and see whether she's down/ pacing round or quietly eating.

I will do :) That's very true ! Dont have to be anywhere till 3pm :)

Sadly the stable doesnt face the house but i can creep along the grass and peer over the fence ( have mastered this well she doesn't notice me 8/10 times) :cool:

tessybear

Visit site
Sorry polos mum, not quite right there, colostrum is short lived, it's produced for about 12 hours, give or take. A bit of dripping is nothing to worry about but if mare is running milk in any quantity long before foal It could be an issue.
Not posted so far as everything seemed a way off yet, but it looks like she's on her way, but with no foaling history it still very much guess work.
I have a mare that always foals within 10 to 12 hours of waxing. By this time her bag is so big it's like one solid udder.

Another can wax up a week before foaling, but again has a huge bag in the hours before and actually shoots jets of milk in the last hour or so before foaling.

But I also have a mare who's bag is only slightly filled until the foal is actually born and then she turns the tap on.

They all tend to run true to their own form, but of course with Tessy it's all a mystery.

Just watch her closely Abbie, you know her well, she will most likely give you a clue in her behaviour, looking uncomfortable and possibly a bit worried and restless, although some experienced mares barely leave the hay net to pop it out.

Good luck, you've done brilliantly so far. Don't panic about colostrum, it is hugely important but vet can help with jabs if you think foalie may have not had enough. Does your friendly stud have any. We always keep some in the freezer for emergencies.

Also remember to keep the after birth in a damp bin for the vet or breeder friend to check, and make sure she has cleansed within 3 or 4 hours of foaling, it's usually quicker than that though.

Here we go, here we go here we go, it's game on. Enjoy it all, it is magical, I still get a lump in my throat when mare first talks to baby, even after several dozen foalings. I'm so excited for you.

:eek: Oh wow thank you so much for all that info, so could be any time soon ? :eek::eek:

Im not sure i could always ask they are not breeding this year but may have some ?
Yes Vet filled us in on that one we have a spare feed bin n the garage we can use :)

I bet it's a fantastic thing to witness , i really cannot wait to see this little life now :D

Blitzen

Visit site
I normally just lurk on this thread (casually, of course. I absolutely do not check it several times a day, and every time I see she hasn't yet popped out her sprog I definitely don't mutter to myself "what??! Come ON Tessy!" or words to that effect :D)

But really.... Come ON Tessy!!! *keeps fingers crossed for tonight* :)

tessybear

Visit site
im so excited for you!
hopefully tonight is the night, fingers crossed for you abbie! x
Me too :D I have everything crossed i have my hopes up now she cannot let me down :eek:

I normally just lurk on this thread (casually, of course. I absolutely do not check it several times a day, and every time I see she hasn't yet popped out her sprog I definitely don't mutter to myself "what??! Come ON Tessy!" or words to that effect :D)

But really.... Come ON Tessy!!! *keeps fingers crossed for tonight* :)

Oh casually obviously ;) I really hope it is over night :D

Mistletoeandawine

Visit site
I apologise if this has been asked Abbie, but what are the arrangements regarding her water? I am not trying to scaremonger, you have so much spinning around in your head right now I am sure, but the one piece of advice that always rings so clearly in my head is to think about where water buckets if you aren't lucky enough to have a self water system.

We used to use an over door feeder, with the bucket on the outside of the stable door if you follow me when they started to look close. Although if they are sneeky then you just have to roll with it.

And feel free to ignore if this isn't an issue for you :D

Sandstone1

Visit site
Sounds like things are on the move now! Hope it all goes well and its a quick and trouble free birth, Will be checking this thread all night now!
good luck.

tessybear

Visit site
I apologise if this has been asked Abbie, but what are the arrangements regarding her water? I am not trying to scaremonger, you have so much spinning around in your head right now I am sure, but the one piece of advice that always rings so clearly in my head is to think about where water buckets if you aren't lucky enough to have a self water system.

We used to use an over door feeder, with the bucket on the outside of the stable door if you follow me when they started to look close. Although if they are sneeky then you just have to roll with it.

And feel free to ignore if this isn't an issue for you :D

Sorry what do you mean about water ? She has a bucket what is the issue with this :) Thank you

hayinamanger

Visit site
She has waxed up, great sign. From my own experience, I would be expecting her to foal tonight/early tomorrow am. Once her waters have broken, it will happen very quickly, keep calm and let her get on with it.

Good luck! :)

Mistletoeandawine

Visit site
Hi

There are others on here who I am sure will have much more experience than I, as breeding was more occasional than regular for us, and it is purely personal choice. But it was always suggested to me to be extra cautious and to remove water buckets from the floor in the final stages to avoid things getting knocked over if the mare moves around a lot when down, and to avoid wobbly little legs getting in a pickle if things happen in the depth of the night.

I am a worry mutton I admit, so others I am sure may disagree, but I wanted to put it out there if she is close and things may happen tonight.

tessybear

Visit site
Hi

There are others on here who I am sure will have much more experience than I, as breeding was more occasional than regular for us, and it is purely personal choice. But it was always suggested to me to be extra cautious and to remove water buckets from the floor in the final stages to avoid things getting knocked over if the mare moves around a lot when down, and to avoid wobbly little legs getting in a pickle if things happen in the depth of the night.

I am a worry mutton I admit, so others I am sure may disagree, but I wanted to put it out there if she is close and things may happen tonight.

Ah we dont have anywhere else for water to go and i wouldnt leave her over night without any water so its just going to have to be a risk i think :) Thank you for the advice though