The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Just had to check before film starts!!!!!

Am really excited and mum has given me permission to wake her up when we get home if she has foaled and no one wakes mum up unless its important!:D

seagull

Visit site
Yet another lurker coming out of the shadows! Wishing you the very best of luck. And how exciting it is :) I cant stop checking every couple of hours. You are doing really well so far.

I would also like to say how informative your thread is. We are also waiting on a first foal so Im glued to this thread. My OH has experienced brood mares and foaling but not me, so I am now a mine of information, hes very impressed:D

Fingers crossed it will be tonight.

Spring Feather

Visit site
Colostrum is very sticky and honey coloured and tastes sweet. If you rub it between your fingers and thumb it will go very tacky and your fingers will stick together. I'm not sure if I've seen the most recent pictures or not as too many posts on here and not enough time to scour them lol but the last piccy I saw of her it looks like she may have a day or so to go still. If there's an updated picture which shows futher changes then maybe she'll go sooner. I'm pleased to read you are not withholding water from her, she needs her usual access to water as you don't want any added complications of colic at a time like this.

debsg

Visit site
Oooh I'm all excited now!! :D
The very best of luck to you and Tessy. I shalltry to stay awake but just finished 3 nights at work so I might well crash out! Phone next to the bed tho', so I can check the thread if I wake up :D
My surprise foal is 6 now, but I will never forget the day she was born and the subsequent months watching her grow up. It's a fantastic experience. Enjoy every minute xxx
We are rooting for you Tessy!

beh

Visit site
Another serial lurker, best of luck. It's so exciting to keep reading the updates of her getting closer and closer!

lelly

Visit site
Had to post, been checking daily. Good luck with your foaling. It a very exciting time when foal is born you will love it. :) X

tessybear

Visit site
Hello everyone :)
Third check for tonight done going to leave her a larger time gap now so not disturbing her as much possible till half 11 :)

No real change she is quite warm but has eaten some of her hay

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
Hello everyone :)
Third check for tonight done going to leave her a larger time gap now so not disturbing her as much possible till half 11 :)

No real change she is quite warm but has eaten some of her hay

Being warm can be a sign, my mare went very hot to the touch 30 mins before she foaled.. I was always going out checking, then I got cctv.... and used to lay in bed watching...lol

tessybear

Visit site
Being warm can be a sign, my mare went very hot to the touch 30 mins before she foaled.. I was always going out checking, then I got cctv.... and used to lay in bed watching...lol

I'd end up falling asleep :eek: As soon as i am in bed that's it hence why my ipod alarm is on loud and on the otherside of the room so i have to get up

Mistletoeandawine

Visit site
I wish there was a way of getting HHO to do some kinda special alert email for extra special events. Something that sends a text or something to people who have subscribed to a thread when a secret key word or phrase appears.

DJ

Visit site
**Sqqqquuuuuuuueeeeeeeeee** .... super duper proper excited on your behalf !!!

Oh i hope she has this little one tonight now ......

Equilibrium Ireland

Visit site
Trust me, you get one of those camera's and you don't fall asleep. It's so addicting! And forget once the baby arrives. Night time viewing sorted. Honestly when the foals started living out full time it was so depressing.

At any rate, you're close! It will be fine.

Terri

MiniMilton

Visit site
This thread brings me back so many memories of my beloved mare foaling. The boobie etc pics are hilarious. I had forgotten that I was the same when my mare foaled years ago. Then one day I was sorting old pics on the computer and stumbled upon vulva pics and I was thinking wtf! It's so nice to know I wasn't a complete oddball :)

Best of luck! Hopefully Tessy will get her act together tonight

Equilibrium Ireland

Visit site
As far as "milking the mare", you are not doing her any harm checking. I checked all my mare's this way. Nobody failed an IgG test. People need to relax a bit. Also missed the part about water being withheld. Where the heck did that come from? Thankfully you're giving her water.

Ok, hold tight.

Terri

ShadowHunter

Visit site
I'd end up falling asleep :eek: As soon as i am in bed that's it hence why my ipod alarm is on loud and on the otherside of the room so i have to get up

Why has no one told me about this!! the best idea ever, and considering i really really hate my alarm noise i'd make me get out of bed :p

Good luck for tonight, hope to see MiniT when i get up in the morning :)

ridefast

Visit site
Come on tessy come on tessy come on tessy come on tessy come on tessy come on tessy come on tessy come on tessy... anything yet?

NativePonyLover

Visit site
Oooh, how exciting! Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer!

P.S Putting the alarm clock the other side of the room, does nothing for me - I'm great at getting out of bed, turning it off and going back to bed in about 30 seconds! I had to buy a super loud alarm clock & put it downstairs ... in addition to my regular alarm and two on my phone! :rolleyes:

tessybear

Visit site
I wish there was a way of getting HHO to do some kinda special alert email for extra special events. Something that sends a text or something to people who have subscribed to a thread when a secret key word or phrase appears.
:D Some how i doubt they would do that :cool:

**Sqqqquuuuuuuueeeeeeeeee** .... super duper proper excited on your behalf !!!

Oh i hope she has this little one tonight now ......

:D me too !

Trust me, you get one of those camera's and you don't fall asleep. It's so addicting! And forget once the baby arrives. Night time viewing sorted. Honestly when the foals started living out full time it was so depressing.

At any rate, you're close! It will be fine.

Terri
I bet it's interesting to watch them :)

This thread brings me back so many memories of my beloved mare foaling. The boobie etc pics are hilarious. I had forgotten that I was the same when my mare foaled years ago. Then one day I was sorting old pics on the computer and stumbled upon vulva pics and I was thinking wtf! It's so nice to know I wasn't a complete oddball :)

Best of luck! Hopefully Tessy will get her act together tonight

Another horse perv :cool::eek::D thank you x

As far as "milking the mare", you are not doing her any harm checking. I checked all my mare's this way. Nobody failed an IgG test. People need to relax a bit. Also missed the part about water being withheld. Where the heck did that come from? Thankfully you're giving her water.

Ok, hold tight.

Terri

Oh that is good to hear :) I got the hang of it eventually :p I would never under any circumstance remove her water it's not fair on Tess :)
x
Why has no one told me about this!! the best idea ever, and considering i really really hate my alarm noise i'd make me get out of bed :p

Good luck for tonight, hope to see MiniT when i get up in the morning :)

Its great i have to drag myself up :cool: thank you!

Come on tessy come on tessy come on tessy come on tessy come on tessy come on tessy come on tessy come on tessy... anything yet?

Nope nothing yet i am afraid :cool:

Oooh, how exciting! Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer!

P.S Putting the alarm clock the other side of the room, does nothing for me - I'm great at getting out of bed, turning it off and going back to bed in about 30 seconds! I had to buy a super loud alarm clock & put it downstairs ... in addition to my regular alarm and two on my phone! :rolleyes:

Oh dear god ! Your family must love you in the morning :p

Joeyjojo

Visit site
Another lurker just wanting to say absolute best of luck to Abbie and Tessy! This is such a wonderful thread to read - everyone being so helpful and supportive. I've been checking in daily from the start and am now on holiday but thank god the hotel's wifi covers the beach! TB updates from the sun and sand :D