The thread of all Olympic Threads

Kadastorm

Visit site
Definitely going to be a battle between the last 3 riders. Got a feeling we will be bronze again, unless it goes terribly wrong with freestyle.. can’t see us touching Germany at this rate.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
I'm watching on catch up, so I've only just started so I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I'm happy to try and answer any questions if I can.
I’d really like your thoughts on Becky’s test and Carl’s. Where do you think the judges are marking Carl higher than Becky, and do you think those points would come at expense of that very harmonious picture Becky and Bomba present?

Fame is very impressive but he is clearly a tricky ride, and sometimes that does compromise harmony. But generally the scores are higher. Is that in Carl’s accuracy, because I thought Becky looked very accurate but my eye is not trained like yours is.

Last edited:

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I’d really like your thoughts on Becky’s test and Carl’s. Where do you think the judges are marking Carl higher than Becky, and do you think those points would come at expense of that very harmonious picture Becky and Bomba present?

Flame is very impressive but he is clearly a tricky ride, and sometimes that does compromise harmony. But generally the scores are higher. Is that in Carl’s accuracy, because I thought Becky looked very accurate but my eye is not trained like yours is.
I think Flame moves better than Bomb so picked up a few marks for that and although he was short in front he was still in his mouth although I preferred Becky’s test for harmony as flame did look a bit explosive

daffy44

Visit site

Flame is very impressive but he is clearly a tricky ride, and sometimes that does compromise harmony. But generally the scores are higher. Is that in Carl’s accuracy, because I thought Becky looked very accurate but my eye is not trained like yours is.
I'm happy to try, but you'll have to wait, I havent even got to Becky yet! Sorry.

saalsk

Visit site
Does anyone know what the small (looks small on TV) rectangle area behind the main horse arena is for ? I am having (winning, obviously !) an argument with hubby about what it is for. It looks like it has a cover over it, and some sort of boards at one short end, and is flanked by the giant TV screens when looking down the dressage arena.

Options include swimming pool for the swim part of the pentathlon. Shooting area for pentathlon. Nothing, it is part of the Palace gardens. Water polo (yep, that is his idea)

Marigold4

Visit site

Is Carl's horse called Fame or Flame?? I thought it was Fame.

Reactions: Kat

Equi

Visit site
Just caught Carl, fame looked a bit better today but still hot and curly, shame about the little blip but I saw it as Carl trying to push a little and went over the line..he (fame) is still learning.

Still a very good score.

Reactions: Kat