The thread of all Olympic Threads

greenbean10

Visit site
Highlight for me was the commentator asking ‘if you took 46 seconds would they say anything?’ referring to the time they take to start their test!

Er YES! I’ve been eliminated in an 80cm for taking too long to start, let alone at the bloody olympics 😂

What a wally!

ihatework

Visit site
I hope they would as the pic clearly shows an unacceptable position of the neck, however the combination had already been eliminated for blood in the mouth.

I didn’t see the Italian rider do anything wrong 💁‍♀️ Blood yes, had to be eliminated but there was nothing obvious in the test you would criticise them for / causing it. They were in a double but scored 30ish

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Highlight for me was the commentator asking ‘if you took 46 seconds would they say anything?’ referring to the time they take to start their test!

Er YES! I’ve been eliminated in an 80cm for taking too long to start, let alone at the bloody olympics 😂

What a wally!

I always assume they ask the obvious Qs not because they are a wally themselves but because they are trying to de-mystify it for the un-horsey watchers.

I always appreciate it for sports I don't routinely follow.

jenbleep

Visit site

What a wally!
So many comments about this guy but it's clear that he's trying to bridge the gap between horsey and non-horsey viewers! Surely that's a good thing...? (Even if it can be annoying for us horsey folk!)

People complain about not having equestrian events represented on TV and then complain when there's people trying to explain equestrian sport rules etc.

jenbleep

Visit site
I always assume they ask the obvious Qs not because they are a wally themselves but because they are trying to de-mystify it for the un-horsey watchers.

I always appreciate it for sports I don't routinely follow.

100%! I'm hoping there's a commentator for me when I'm watching sports I have no clue about. That's what's great about the Olympics imo

greenbean10

Visit site
So many comments about this guy but it's clear that he's trying to bridge the gap between horsey and non-horsey viewers! Surely that's a good thing...? (Even if it can be annoying for us horsey folk!)

People complain about not having equestrian events represented on TV and then complain when there's people trying to explain equestrian sport rules etc.

Noted - you are right!

I stand corrected, it’s definitely a good thing

Equi

Visit site
So for building the course…do they get someone to ride it a few times to get the estimated time and be sure it actually works? If so who..!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I can’t do that, but if I go onto the Home Screen of discovery plus on my phone, I just scroll down. There’s Paris 24 Live and Upcoming, then if I continue scrolling down there is Paris 24 Must See Moments. Then I scroll to the right through quite a lot of other sports to equestrian. There are two on offer the afternoon session and morning.

Attachments

• IMG_1212.jpg
    IMG_1212.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 3

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
What's it under. Just looking at what's available and it seems to be grouped by time of day not sport
Sorry not been on here , it flashed up on BBC 1 in a little box at the side and it said eventing dressage on I player . As I’ve seen it all I didn’t look but just looked and couldn’t find anything so sorry if I’ve sent you on a wild goose chase

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I can’t do that, but if I go onto the Home Screen of discovery plus on my phone, I just scroll down. There’s Paris 24 Live and Upcoming, then if I continue scrolling down there is Paris 24 Must See Moments. Then I scroll to the right through quite a lot of other sports to equestrian. There are two on offer the afternoon session and morning.
Isn’t that if you e paid for discovery plus? It definitely said it was on I player

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Sorry not been on here , it flashed up on BBC 1 in a little box at the side and it said eventing dressage on I player . As I’ve seen it all I didn’t look but just looked and couldn’t find anything so sorry if I’ve sent you on a wild goose chase
I did see that briefly but when I clicked on it, it changed to hockey and went though the programme no horses.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
We were specifically talking about iPlayer for those of us without discovery +

That has a must see option too.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I tried to get tickets but couldn't, I suspect the issue is that the bundles meant people bought tickets they didn't really want

Do you think the train issues caused problems? Or that some didn’t go because of the weather? (possibly the non horsey ticket holders)