The thread of all Olympic Threads

Kat

Visit site
Do you think the train issues caused problems? Or that some didn’t go because of the weather? (possibly the non horsey ticket holders)
Possibly, if you didn't REALLY want to see the equestrian events then I can understand not wanting to sit in the rain.

I think the way of bundling tickets was awful

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Some of them are getting properly wiped out!

Looks like helmets are personal choice I thought they all had to wear them but the lady who won heat 1 didn't have one on. Can imagine there's a chance they could really hit their heads

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Morning all, updates please today as we are in Egypt on holiday and unable to access discovery+ or iplayer or anything remotely equestrian!! 🙏🏻 Thanks so much x

Is there a live scores somewhere?

humblepie

Visit site
I was reading about the 21 year old horse. He doesn’t get ridden much it said but does a lot if loose schooling and swimming.

Was the surfing live at 10pm - thought that’s what the TV schedule said. Surfing in the dark?

conniegirl

Visit site
I was reading about the 21 year old horse. He doesn’t get ridden much it said but does a lot if loose schooling and swimming.

Was the surfing live at 10pm - thought that’s what the TV schedule said. Surfing in the dark?
The surfing is held in tahiti not in france

Spiritedly

Visit site
So for building the course…do they get someone to ride it a few times to get the estimated time and be sure it actually works? If so who..!
It's done by distance of the course and the speed horses are.expected to travel at for that level, 80 cm is 435 m/minute whereas advanced is 570 m/minute.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Yep 10.30 start I think.
Discovery plus is starting at 9.20 according to my tv. I got very confused about the timing as I thought it was starting in France at 9.30 so rushed around getting dogs walked etc ready for GB 8.30 start and now got loads of time. I could have had another hour in bed

event_rider

Visit site
Just checked the Discovery+ app and it’s showing that coverage starts at 11.20, not 10.30… anyone else seeing the same? If so, are we going to miss all the riders that head out in the first hour?!

poacher82

Visit site
Discovery plus is starting at 9.20 according to my tv. I got very confused about the timing as I thought it was starting in France at 9.30 so rushed around getting dogs walked etc ready for GB 8.30 start and now got loads of time. I could have had another hour in bed
Glad I’m not the only one… bust my ass to be on the sofa for 8.15. On the plus side, I got some cleaning done that was certainly going to be neglected otherwise 😂

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
P. That makes me feel less of an idiot 😀 I’ve done a couple of loads of washing so at least the time has been useful , although a bit more sleep would have been nice ,especially as the weather is warming up so I will have to walk my dogs early every day

Equi

Visit site
Just checked the Discovery+ app and it’s showing that coverage starts at 11.20, not 10.30… anyone else seeing the same? If so, are we going to miss all the riders that head out in the first hour?!
It’s saying it starts in 10 mins for me.