The thread of all Olympic Threads

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I recorded the cross country as I was out and the fence in question is filmed from the side not the front and not the side the flag goes down.

You can't tell on the footage what part took the flag out except it was the front, flag is already falling when Ros' body is level with it.

photo_jo

Visit site
Screenshot 2024-07-28 at 20.55.45.png
Exactly has someone has said though, that last French horse was absolutely flagging and it would have been pulled up anywhere else, but today, they want to penalise Ros who had a cracking round and all evidence so far proves that she is well inside the flag…
Although when you look at a still from just as he started to hit it, it tells a slightly different story - not head on though. The current rule is the majority of the horse must pass over the main point of the fence - I'd love to see the jury's footage

lannerch

Visit site
I recorded the cross country as I was out and the fence in question is filmed from the side not the front and not the side the flag goes down.

You can't tell on the footage what part took the flag out except it was the front, flag is already falling when Ros' body is level with it.
The video I posted clearly shows her passing between the flags

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
View attachment 143691

Although when you look at a still from just as he started to hit it, it tells a slightly different story - not head on though. The current rule is the majority of the horse must pass over the main point of the fence - I'd love to see the jury's footage
Is that definitely the right fence, if so she has jumped the full height and looks to have head and shoulders over the fence. Would like to see their photo evidence

lannerch

Visit site
I wonder if that flag had previously been hit and whether it had been put back correctly?
It even if it was in the wrong place to me she is still clearly between the flags . It’s a sad day for eventing lets hope tomorrow apart from ros individual result chances this doesn’t effect the end result .

alexomahony

Visit site
brilliant day of XC - my faves were of course all GB, Michi Jung and Shadowman with CB ❤️❤️

Also really loved the big grey with the Morrocan rider ❤️

Absolutely gutted about the 15 points - seen a video on FB and can’t see how it hasn’t been removed :( I did see a brillliant hash tag that we should all campaign with:

#WalterDoesntMakeMistakes

🤣

pistolpete

Visit site
Clare Balding just showed the picture of Ris going the right side of the flag and explained the ground jury wouldn’t accept it!!

LittleLegs&Co

Visit site
Clare Balding had just been discussing on BBC highlights, apparently they wouldn't accept that photo as evidence and they don't have video footage - I thought there was something about finding in the rider's favour if no clear evidence?? And surely then they don't have conclusive evidence that she didn't go through the flags!
Feel so so sorry for Ros, that's such a harsh judgement

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Someone on twitter eventing has posted pics of the fence from the coursewalk and compared to how it looked when Ros jumped. The flags were in the right place.

They show how Ros was jumping the obstacle on the angle for the shortest route.

They also show that the front of the fence had a rounded aspect which means I think you can see how the argument could be made that Walter jumped a very slightly smaller obstacle by jumping the curved edge making the jump ever so slightly less than it's full width.

My problem is that in that case, every horse which took out the flag should similarly be penalised.