The thread of all Olympic Threads

teapot

Visit site
Slightly scratching my head at Wahler being allowed to sj despite being eliminated. Surely eliminated means eliminated and either you go ditch the team score or use the sub? Not eliminate yourself but still showjump?

On yesterday's officiating, I think those who watched at home know just how haphazard it was for an event of this size, and it wasn't the only sport yesterday that had odd officiating decisions (Boxing being one for example). The other thing to consider if you cannot spend all day deciding on scores - so they clearly weren't sure it was a yes/no decision. The idea of putting the xc last in LA is to reduce the time it takes to decides medals... well they wouldn't have been decided until 9pm UK time yesterday. That's not good enough.

As for the cyncism, it happens, it's natural, and I even saw a tweet from someone thinking Wahler's horse was purposely distracted so it's not just the Brits ;)

SJ start list - https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/results/equestrian/eventing/jump000100--

Last edited:

PolarSkye

Visit site
Slightly scratching my head at Wahler being allowed to sj despite being eliminated. Surely eliminated means eliminated and either you go ditch the team score or use the sub? Not eliminate yourself but still showjump?
Me too. Rider fall = eliminated, right? Or are FEI rules different to BE in this instance?

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Me too. Rider fall = eliminated, right? Or are FEI rules different to BE in this instance?
There's no BE competition where you can substitute either so new situation, new rules.

Once It got really strict about falls and with only 3 members in a team, you could theoretically get not enough teams completing to win medals so it seems like they came up with rules that meant the maximum teams can technically post a score in but with enough of penalty that they can't get near riders that did get round.