The thread of all Olympic Threads

teapot

Visit site
The quote eventing nation has is that his second horse was going so well in training they felt he’d be the better option, only to start developing an abscess late last night.

Rotten luck really :(

KEK

Visit site
The quote eventing nation has is that his second horse was going so well in training they felt he’d be the better option, only to start developing an abscess late last night.

Yeah just read that. I guess he wasn't able to swap back to Off the Record then. Very bad luck

Nicnac

Visit site
Gutted for Will but equally delighted for Liz Halliday who had such rotten luck at Tokyo.

Question for the hivemind - Why aren't Olympic horses allowed their prefix/suffix in their names? It's apparently an Olympic rule so Cooley Nutcracker becomes Nutcracker. Bit of a blow for breeders!

Reactions: Kat

YourValentine

Visit site
Gutted for Will but equally delighted for Liz Halliday who had such rotten luck at Tokyo.

Question for the hivemind - Why aren't Olympic horses allowed their prefix/suffix in their names? It's apparently an Olympic rule so Cooley Nutcracker becomes Nutcracker. Bit of a blow for breeders!
I think it's linked to sponsorship. So no rider or athlete can display a logo that isn't an official Olympics sponsor. The advertising etc rights around the Olympics are very tight.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site

Poor man, he must be gutted.

These Olympic equestrian events have been a bit nerve wracking before they’ve even started!!

fionnmarie

New User
Visit site
Thought I'd provide my services again re times, teams, results etc and will keep adding as these begin to appear.

First up is the Eventing:

Friday 26th July - Eventing first horse inspection, with drawn order to follow. Subsitutions can be made up to two hours before the first dressage test.
Saturday 27th July at 8.30am UK time (9.30am Paris time) - Eventing dressage - . Note only one day of dressage with a shortened test.
Sunday 28th July at 9.30am UK time - Eventing cross country
Monday 29th July at 7am UK time - Eventing second trot up
Monday 29th July at 10am UK time - Eventing show jumping (team)
Monday 29th July at 2pm - Eventing show jumping (individual, top 25)
Medals ceremony to follow.

Current list of eventing teams and reserves can be found here: https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Paris 2024 OG_Eventing Definite Entries List_V2_0.pdf

Team GB Eventing team is currently Ros Canter with Lordships Graffalo, Laura Collet with London 52, and Tom McKewen with JL Dublin. Reserve is Yasmin Ingham with Banzai Du Loir.

Then the week moves between dressage and show jumping:

Tuesday 30th July at 9am UK time - Dressage Grand Prix; 1st Team & Individual Qualifier (30 starters)
Wednesday 31st July at 9am UK time - Dressage Grand Prix; 1st Team & Individual Qualifier (30 starters)
Thursday 1st August at 10am UK time - Show Jumping – Team Qualifier (20 teams/60 starters)
Friday 2nd August at 10am UK time - Show Jumping – Team Final and medal ceremony (ten teams/30 starters)
Saturday 3rd August at 9am UK time - Dressage – Grand Prix Special, Team Final, and medal ceremony (30 starters)
Sunday 4th August at 9am UK time - Dressage – Grand Prix Freestyle, and individual medal ceremony (18 starters)
Monday 5th August at 1pm UK time - Show Jumping - Individual Qualifier (75 starters)
Tuesday 6th August at 9am UK time Show Jumping – Individual Final and individual medal ceremony (30 starters)

Current show jumping entries: https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Paris 2024 OG_Jumping Definite Entries List_V1.pdf
Current dressage entries: https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Paris 2024 OG_Dressage Definite Entries List V1.pdf

Team GB SJ team is currently Scott Brash with Hello Jefferson, Ben Maher with Point Break, and Harry Charles with Romeo 88. Reserve is Joe Stockdale with Equine America Cacharel
Team GB Dressage team is currently Carl Hester with Fame, Charlote DJ with Imhotep, and Lottie Fry with Glamourdale. Reserve is Becky Moody with Jagerbomb.

For the true nerds, the Ground Jury info can be found here: https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Paris2024 - ITOs- 08 April 2024.pdf
Rules and info: https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Paris2024-240708-Guide-TL-Equestrian-17-07-24 - 14h30.pdf

Viewing wise:

From what I remember from Tokyo the BBC had limited full coverage of the dressage and show jumping, and instead dipped in and out when things got exciting etc. The eventing may have a better chance, however it clashes with the first weekend of the rest of the Olympics so channel space will be limited. Your best bet is for £3.99 is to subscribe to Discovery+ for the month only (and you can cancel it straight away) for unlimited and uninterrupted Olympic coverage (I've already paid and cancelled so am ready to go!).

Also, I doubt the trot ups will be televised unlike other events, so don't panic if you can't find them!

Eight days to go 🤩🥳

fionnmarie

New User
Visit site
Thought I'd provide my services again re times, teams, results etc and will keep adding as these begin to appear.

First up is the Eventing:

Friday 26th July - Eventing first horse inspection, with drawn order to follow. Subsitutions can be made up to two hours before the first dressage test.
Saturday 27th July at 8.30am UK time (9.30am Paris time) - Eventing dressage - . Note only one day of dressage with a shortened test.
Sunday 28th July at 9.30am UK time - Eventing cross country
Monday 29th July at 7am UK time - Eventing second trot up
Monday 29th July at 10am UK time - Eventing show jumping (team)
Monday 29th July at 2pm - Eventing show jumping (individual, top 25)
Medals ceremony to follow.

Current list of eventing teams and reserves can be found here: https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Paris 2024 OG_Eventing Definite Entries List_V2_0.pdf

Team GB Eventing team is currently Ros Canter with Lordships Graffalo, Laura Collet with London 52, and Tom McKewen with JL Dublin. Reserve is Yasmin Ingham with Banzai Du Loir.

Then the week moves between dressage and show jumping:

Tuesday 30th July at 9am UK time - Dressage Grand Prix; 1st Team & Individual Qualifier (30 starters)
Wednesday 31st July at 9am UK time - Dressage Grand Prix; 1st Team & Individual Qualifier (30 starters)
Thursday 1st August at 10am UK time - Show Jumping – Team Qualifier (20 teams/60 starters)
Friday 2nd August at 10am UK time - Show Jumping – Team Final and medal ceremony (ten teams/30 starters)
Saturday 3rd August at 9am UK time - Dressage – Grand Prix Special, Team Final, and medal ceremony (30 starters)
Sunday 4th August at 9am UK time - Dressage – Grand Prix Freestyle, and individual medal ceremony (18 starters)
Monday 5th August at 1pm UK time - Show Jumping - Individual Qualifier (75 starters)
Tuesday 6th August at 9am UK time Show Jumping – Individual Final and individual medal ceremony (30 starters)

Current show jumping entries: https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Paris 2024 OG_Jumping Definite Entries List_V1.pdf
Current dressage entries: https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Paris 2024 OG_Dressage Definite Entries List V1.pdf

Team GB SJ team is currently Scott Brash with Hello Jefferson, Ben Maher with Point Break, and Harry Charles with Romeo 88. Reserve is Joe Stockdale with Equine America Cacharel
Team GB Dressage team is currently Carl Hester with Fame, Charlote DJ with Imhotep, and Lottie Fry with Glamourdale. Reserve is Becky Moody with Jagerbomb.

For the true nerds, the Ground Jury info can be found here: https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Paris2024 - ITOs- 08 April 2024.pdf
Rules and info: https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Paris2024-240708-Guide-TL-Equestrian-17-07-24 - 14h30.pdf

Viewing wise:

From what I remember from Tokyo the BBC had limited full coverage of the dressage and show jumping, and instead dipped in and out when things got exciting etc. The eventing may have a better chance, however it clashes with the first weekend of the rest of the Olympics so channel space will be limited. Your best bet is for £3.99 is to subscribe to Discovery+ for the month only (and you can cancel it straight away) for unlimited and uninterrupted Olympic coverage (I've already paid and cancelled so am ready to go!).

Also, I doubt the trot ups will be televised unlike other events, so don't panic if you can't find them!

Eight days to go 🤩🥳
Hello wonder if you could help me with an Olympic question. I have tickets for the cross country on Sunday but haven't yet received the QR code for the ticket. Just getting a bit anxious not sure when I should receive it but it's getting a bit close now. Wonder if you know anyone who has hot theirs yer. Many thanks

teapot

Visit site
Hello wonder if you could help me with an Olympic question. I have tickets for the cross country on Sunday but haven't yet received the QR code for the ticket. Just getting a bit anxious not sure when I should receive it but it's getting a bit close now. Wonder if you know anyone who has hot theirs yer. Many thanks

Have you downloaded the ticket app? If it's like any other sporting event, the QR code won't appear until the morning of the event :)

fionnmarie

New User
Visit site
Yes I've got the ticket app. Thank you so much. I thought I should have had the QR code by now but it makes sense to get it the morning of the event. Thank you for your help

teapot

Visit site
Yes I've got the ticket app. Thank you so much. I thought I should have had the QR code by now but it makes sense to get it the morning of the event. Thank you for your help

It may appear beforehand, but don't stress too much. Make sure you've got the ticket confirmation email with you though just in case. Have a fantastic time :D

teapot

Visit site
I hope you’re getting paid teapot 😂

Was the trot up available to view or just in writing?

Thanks once again Teapot, what would we do without you?

Just in writing for trot up - there are tight rules about videoing what happens on Olympic sites, basically has to be OBS or nothing for formal parts of any sport.

Hahahaha, just hope my big boss doesn't find out I've been multi-tasking, though did spend most of a meeting today comparing what we'll be watching 😂

Reminder that dressage starts at 8.30 UK time Saturday, hoping I surface before Tom's test 😴

ihatework

Visit site
Oh FFS anyone else struggling with the Discovery+ stream? All pixilated 😡

I can seemingly watch other sports live without this issue, and it’s also messed up on my phone so not just the tv app