this is just about the most arrogant piece I have read in a long time.

Chianti

Visit site
I wouldn't know how to do that, even if I had thought to do it. And I say this as someone who will sleuth when the occasion calls for it but just... wow!

ETA - heck I don't even know how to find my own history of reviews left let alone anyone else's.
I thought it quite paranoid but I think she does it to suss out your riding background. I have a small fluffy fat cob so can therefore know nothing about riding or horse care

moosea

Visit site
Unfortunately it seems to be very common these days for these 'brilliant' riders to spur the horse up into a rigid contact, then bemoan the fact that they have no idea how to funnel the maelstrom they have created. Locked elbows and wrists are the new trend don't you know?

Chianti

Visit site
Flip sake I've just read the comments to chianti, how the heck does this woman have a following? For rudeness alone I'd bin her off!

Oh and quite a few of the sycophants are actually forum members, but I don't see any of them defending her on this thread.
That's a bit depressing. Someone suggested tying the horse up in the corner of the school where it spooked., leaving her for a while and then getting back on and riding again.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
How has this woman got any clients??
Madness.

My theory is it’s psychologically more comfortable to label/blame horses than is to reflect on the why of horse behaviour. Particularly when the why might mean:

- pain (Ie cost and restricted activities)
- training (Ie my fault)
-resentment ( Ie my horse is upset with me/fears me)

So people cling to evidence that it’s the horse not them. And someone like her has credibility and is giving that message loud and clear. So people are reassured that if she ignores all those red flags in her horses, it’s fine for them to do the same with theirs. So I’m actually not surprised she’s popular! She’s an enabler.

Miss_Millie

Visit site
My theory is it’s psychologically more comfortable to label/blame horses than is to reflect on the why of horse behaviour. Particularly when the why might mean:

- training (Ie my fault)

So people cling to evidence that it’s the horse not them. And someone like her has credibility and is giving that message loud and clear. So people are reassured that if she ignores all those red flags in her horses, it’s fine for them to do the same with theirs. So I’m actually not surprised she’s popular! She’s an enabler.

Also, a lack of work ethic and talent. It's easy to bully a horse into submission, any idiot can do that. What takes skill and grit is good, empathetic training, whilst also giving your horse a wholesome and species appropriate lifestyle. She clearly has no clue about either of these things and is a bully to horses and humans alike.

ihatework

Visit site

- training (Ie my fault)

This is completely right.
There are many people who own horses (note I don’t call them horse(wo)men) who don’t want to be told, even if politely

Your horse is fooked
You ride like shite

It’s easier on the ego to have a difficult horse

BigRedDog

Visit site
Have just read her post in spurs, my favourite line is “those of us who are experienced at the higher levels” !. How does she find the time to write these posts and reply to all the comments. What is her motivation in writing these posts? And replying to so many of the comments?

On a serious note the fact that she is a vet and in the last few days has written in favour of spurs (and whips in that post) and draw reins makes me think someone might want to explain social licence to her and point out that the attitudes she as a professional person is promoting are not helping equestrianism at any level. The aids she is promoting may or not have a place in the hands of qualified and experienced people that is not the point. There is a growing perception in wider society that equine sports are cruel and should be restricted, she is not helping the case against this.

ihatework

Visit site
Have just read her post in spurs, my favourite line is “those of us who are experienced at the higher levels” !. How does she find the time to write these posts and reply to all the comments. What is her motivation in writing these posts? And replying to so many of the comments?

On a serious note the fact that she is a vet and in the last few days has written in favour of spurs (and whips in that post) and draw reins makes me think someone might want to explain social licence to her and point out that the attitudes she as a professional person is promoting are not helping equestrianism at any level. The aids she is promoting may or not have a place in the hands of qualified and experienced people that is not the point. There is a growing perception in wider society that equine sports are cruel and should be restricted, she is not helping the case against this.

Actually, just to bring some balance, other than the slightly condescending tone, I don’t actually disagree with the jist of her recent post on spurs.

Goldenstar

Visit site

Spurs whips and draw reins are not bad things they all have a role it’s the human that using them that causes any issues .
I have no idea what her motivation is .

Miss_Millie

Visit site
Actually, just to bring some balance, other than the slightly condescending tone, I don’t actually disagree with the jist of her recent post on spurs.

I haven't read it but, she made it clear in the dodgy video post that she used spurs to punish the mare for 'misbehaving' after the outburst. The only valid argument I ever see for using spurs as a refining aid, that is not the way she was using them at all.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I thought it quite paranoid but I think she does it to suss out your riding background. I have a small fluffy fat cob so can therefore know nothing about riding or horse care
Yes I think she does that so that she doesn't put her massive foot in it, if someone rather better known than she is in the horse world has commented.

ihatework

Visit site
I haven't read it but, she made it clear in the dodgy video post that she used spurs to punish the mare for 'misbehaving' after the outburst. The only valid argument I ever see for using spurs as a refining aid, that is not the way she was using them at all.

Perhaps read it then!

Miss_Millie

Visit site
Yes I think she does that so that she doesn't put her massive foot in it, if someone rather better known than she is in the horse world has commented.

Professionals in the industry really need to think very carefully about how they talk to strangers on the internet who they perceive as lesser than them. People talk and word spreads. A 'nobody with a fat cob' might have friends in high places for all she knows.

Angry vet is probably the worst of her kind, but there are some other 'professionals' on the less traditional side that are rude and aggressive on their business pages too. There seems to be an inflated sense of self-importance which correlates with having a large following. It doesn't reflect well when someone seems to be looking for a fight on social media.

Miss_Millie

Visit site
Perhaps read it then!

My point was that she has already shown her true colours by using spurs as punishment. She said in the comments that she put spurs on after, put her in draw reins, shouted at her. So she needs to get off her high horse if she thinks she's qualified to tell people how to use spurs and who should be using spurs. She isn't remotely qualified to comment on either.

Hannahkayj

Visit site
Perhaps read it then!
I don’t disagree with spurs, however to get them forward of her leg? Surely she should have been working on that from the get go.

Can’t imagine why you’d need to trap your horses head (again not against draw reins however the way she’s using them?!) shout at your horse and use your spurs. On a horse that’s clearly at the threshold of overspilling

ihatework

Visit site
Can’t imagine why you’d need to trap your horses head (again not against draw reins however the way she’s using them?!) shout at your horse and use your spurs. On a horse that’s clearly at the threshold of

Where on earth did I say I agreed with that?!
I don’t like the girl, have no time for her what so ever. But it’s very easy to then dismiss anything she says out of hand just because it’s her.
I get that on one hand she says one thing and on the other hand may behave the other way.
But her general point of spurs as an aid, used correctly, and in ‘emergency’ to get a horse back in front of the leg for safety sake out eventing is all very valid.

Hannahkayj

Visit site
Where on earth did I say I agreed with that?!
I don’t like the girl, have no time for her what so ever. But it’s very easy to then dismiss anything she says out of hand just because it’s her.
I get that on one hand she says one thing and on the other hand may behave the other way.
But her general point of spurs as an aid, used correctly, and in ‘emergency’ to get a horse back in front of the leg for safety sake out eventing is all very valid.
I don’t think that’s peoples point, certainly wasn’t mine. The whole preaching that people who don’t do 1.20’s don’t know is peoples issue tbf

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Interestingly, quite a lot of her clients are travellers. I can see why, as she seems to have the same level of empathy as some of that community.

Surely the exact category she criticises so much as most own cobs and don't compete!!

I don't ride anymore but mine came from a rs so used to nap out hacking alone as he was used to going in a group. After the initial no napping is not acceptable and leading him for a bit if he did, I'd hack on loose reins, bar for the "Welsh" spooks at things!

However clearly I'm not qualified to have any opinion on her as I didn't compete as he wouldn't travel

Edit - just seen the "twisty heads". All I can say is interesting...

Last edited:

greenbean10

Visit site
Vets are not needed to be saints , we tend to have them on a bit of a pedestal .
Just because you are a vet does not mean you are a great trainer , rider or have any special empathy for horses, they can be as talented or as useless as all riders .
I love she threatened to let her horses live out .
It’s really funny and as for saying you can not have an opinion until you have ridden down to 1.20 many of us have ,does she not get that .

No she is the only person who has ever ridden a sharp horse or ridden 1.20!

I saw a comment where she said that no one else would be able to ride her horse because 'not many could sit to that'.

greenbean10

Visit site
She did reply to me. I'm a troll because I commented on the original post and then the one of her jumping. She also must have gone through my facebook history as she commented on a review I'd posted on some food I'd bought! Also a very patronizing comment about my ' sweet little pony' and how we obviously rode very different types of horses. If she comes back again I won't bother to reply. I
Just seen her comments to you! I don't even know what to say...😂 She actually went through your Facebook to find something to comment on, that is totally unhinged!