this is just about the most arrogant piece I have read in a long time.

Hannahkayj

Visit site
I have to say that I disagree. It's not bullying - it's people gently taking the p**s out of someone who appears to think that she is incapable of making a mistake and is far superior to most of the riding/horse owning population i.e. the rest of us. It's an approach which has a very long history in England - Chaucer is very good at it in the prologue to the Canterbury Tales in the 15th Century! The vet in question rides warmbloods and competes at intermediate level in eventing. That's something that probably 95% of the horse owning population don't do. She's written that unless you have experienced these she's unwilling to consider your opinion. How is that not being pompous and worthy of a bit of ridicule? When she told me to ' bore off - you boring old bag' I went to the RCVS website and looked up their code of conduct and its supporting guidance. It's very clear how vets should use social media and insulting people isn't one of them. I reposted to suggest she also had a look at the guidance and told her I wouldn't make a complaint but others might not be like minded. I didn't get a response. If the mare stops spooking in the school then said vet will think it's proved her point that she knows better than anyone. It won't occur to her that the poor thing can't spook whether she wants to or not. Personally I think she's a bit of a spoilt brat who's needs to give her head a wobble.
Exactly, it’s the same as those who say “you cannot comment on FEI dressage if you don’t ride it”

We know biomechanics we know when it’s wrong, more than the top dressage riders it seems!

I’m guessing non of her clients are allowed an opinion

paddy555

Visit site
I have to say that I disagree. It's not bullying - it's people gently taking the p**s out of someone who appears to think that she is incapable of making a mistake and is far superior to most of the riding/horse owning population i.e. the rest of us. It's an approach which has a very long history in England - Chaucer is very good at it in the prologue to the Canterbury Tales in the 15th Century! The vet in question rides warmbloods and competes at intermediate level in eventing. That's something that probably 95% of the horse owning population don't do. She's written that unless you have experienced these she's unwilling to consider your opinion. How is that not being pompous and worthy of a bit of ridicule? When she told me to ' bore off - you boring old bag' I went to the RCVS website and looked up their code of conduct and its supporting guidance. It's very clear how vets should use social media and insulting people isn't one of them. I reposted to suggest she also had a look at the guidance and told her I wouldn't make a complaint but others might not be like minded. I didn't get a response. If the mare stops spooking in the school then said vet will think it's proved her point that she knows better than anyone. It won't occur to her that the poor thing can't spook whether she wants to or not. Personally I think she's a bit of a spoilt brat who's needs to give her head a wobble.
I think that you are probably someone who has more right than most to post your views on here as you have actually been at the sharp end of her tongue and her comment about "bore off you boring old bag" is simply disgraceful. Good for you for posting to her about the RCVS guidance.

I can understand the recent comments ie
that people are close to being mean and bullying her on here but in all honesty, and whilst 2 wrongs don't make a right, bullying is exactly what she does to anyone who dares to question her. It is simply the case that no one can comment directly on her FB page as they get banned.

SEL

Visit site
directors loan before she takes money off of people, surely.....
ignoring the obvious welfare issues wrapped up in her poor old horse.

View attachment 136191
That'll be tied up in her buildings - she'd need a bank loan or something.

I think she needs to accept it's time to let him go. I have a line in the sand with my retiree and anything which needs extended box rest is it.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site

I think she needs to accept it's time to let him go. I have a line in the sand with my retiree and anything which needs extended box rest is it.

I was looking at curr ass which if she only wants £3k would cover her in a pinch (assuming consistent results YOY) but that’s you’re quite right, it’s likely predominantly stock and debtors

meleeka

Visit site

She says he won’t need more than a week or two box rest this time. Of course she’s not counting the months of pen rest he’s already had. I hope he does recover, I really do, but I’d have called it last year if he were mine. It’s one of those “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should” situations.

rextherobber

Visit site
I was looking at curr ass which if she only wants £3k would cover her in a pinch (assuming consistent results YOY) but that’s you’re quite right, it’s likely predominantly stock and debtors
If she only needs 3k, a credit card would cover that? She's selling her Haygain to raise funds apparently. I can't believe she does all the arena hire etc but can't lay her hands on 3k...

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Target now raised to £5,000 and that apparently won't nearly cover the estimated bill.

Two feet having had pedal bone infections in a 24 year old horse with a suspiciously cushings-like coat, the second infection which won't respond to multiple attempts at treatment.

This isn't fair on the horse, the fundraising is unethical, and she needs to do the right thing by an old friend and stop begging for money.

ycbm

Visit site
I wonder how the person who set it up is related to her? They've changed the text now because they've upped the target to 5k but the previous writing seemed very 'fawny'.

The fund raiser was started by someone whose name is the same as someone I have some history with. If anyone knows that fundraiser Victoria Brown, can they tell me if she ever had any connection with running a livery in Cambridge?

paddy555

Visit site
The fund raiser was started by someone whose name is the same as someone I have some history with. If anyone knows that fundraiser Victoria Brown, can they tell me if she ever had any connection with running a livery in Cambridge?
no idea but didn't Natalie do her vet training in Cambridge and didnt she have her horse, Harry I think the one involved in this, at livery in Cambridge. I thought I read that on one of her recent posts.

I'm afraid I would have had Harry PTS by now however IF I had decided to have him treated I would be paying for his treatment myself not begging. It as pretty obvious from the moment she put the post up about deciding to get him treated that it was going to be as a thinly disguised fund raiser however much she says it was her lovely clients/posters etc etc.

3K was never going to be enough. I would guess 10k would be more realistic

ycbm

Visit site
In all fairness, I think she has pen turnout for him too

Creaky 24 year old stuck in a pen picking at a haynet. Super.

He's already had laminitis once, what's the betting that as soon as he gets grass again, if this operation fixes him, that he'll go down with it again?

Do the right thing by your old friend Natalie!

ycbm

Visit site
no idea but didn't Natalie do her vet training in Cambridge and didnt she have her horse, Harry I think the one involved in this, at livery in Cambridge. I thought I read that on one of her recent posts.

If that's correct then it's possible that Victoria Brown was the owner of the livery where Harry was stabled. She once bought a horse from me and this fund raiser is in keeping with what I know of that Victoria Brown. It could, of course, be a totally different person.

paddy555

Visit site
If that's correct then it's possible that Victoria Brown was the owner of the livery where Harry was stabled. She once bought a horse from me and this fund raiser is in keeping with what I know of that Victoria Brown. It could, of course, be a totally different person.
pm'd you

meleeka

Visit site

This is the profile that set it up.

Attachments

• IMG_5109.jpeg
    IMG_5109.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 22