Tokyo Showjumping thread

Michen

Visit site
I'll be the fool that answers. The fences are far higher, the questions far more technical. They need their weight on their hocks and off the forehand to make the height. You see so many eventers bowling along and wack a sj fence out with the front end. Simply, i'd say pure sjs need to sit more to make the height.

Makes sense thanks!

quizzie

Visit site
I'll be the fool that answers. The fences are far higher, the questions far more technical. They need their weight on their hocks and off the forehand to make the height. You see so many eventers bowling along and wack a sj fence out with the front end. Simply, i'd say pure sjs need to sit more to make the height.

Also, because the fences are higher, the trajectory over them is steeper, and because of how a horses vision works, they need their head higher to see the top rails.

In contrast, you need an eventer to jump with a more open trajectory, as landing too steeply at xc speed is a recipe for disaster, and although you can bring them together more for the SJ you wouldn’t want to encourage it too far.

KEK

Visit site
Beautiful jump decorations, I don't follow SJing at all so not sure if that's normal. I did like to see some of the horses were fed/rewarded as they walked out of the ring.