Urgent...gloucestershire members!!!

_GG_

Visit site
Hi all. Quick response. Tried the bales idea....she freaked and fell over so vet said not worth it as she is relaxed and chilled just standing in the teeny paddock. Vet believes it is a fracture or break in the hock joint, but there is a teeny tiny possibility it is an infection in there so we're giving her 48 hours. It's a long shot, but worth the shot.

The cut on her near fore pastern is healing ridiculously well, vet was most impressed...not at all connected to whatever she has doen to her hock.

I just can't quite believe this is happening. :(

Fides

Visit site
I hope it is just a Oweeee but don't give up hope it it is a fracture. My boy fractured his fetlock (at 5 months) and with box rest and gradual turnout he was sound within 12 weeks. Keep your chin up x

Queenbee

Visit site
BUMP!!!

If I was close enough I could have them both for you.

This ^^^ sadly GG I'm in Cornwall! but if I wasn't I'd kick mine out of their stables to help.. Hope you find somewhere and fingers crossed for your girl xx

I may have missed this but wasn't it fly who cut herself up the other day? :/

SusieT

Visit site
can you not get a vet out with mobile xray even if yours doesnt have one another local one? If fractured hock would seem unfair to keep going to monday :/ hope the outcome is better than you think

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Hi all. Quick response. Tried the bales idea....she freaked and fell over so vet said not worth it as she is relaxed and chilled just standing in the teeny paddock. Vet believes it is a fracture or break in the hock joint, but there is a teeny tiny possibility it is an infection in there so we're giving her 48 hours. It's a long shot, but worth the shot.

The cut on her near fore pastern is healing ridiculously well, vet was most impressed...not at all connected to whatever she has doen to her hock.

I just can't quite believe this is happening. :(

So sorry, but felt I had to ask. Sending positive vibes. xx

Gingerwitch

Visit site
I got an hoss box so will come down on Monday if you need to be given a lift somewhere - I could do tomorrow afternoon if your really desperate, but would rather not as just had a few glasses of wine - and i would worry myself silly driving with a horse on board

{97702}

Visit site
Which vets have you got out? I know which ones are your nearest but I wouldn't necessarily say (in my experience) that they are the best....

Fides

Visit site
second this, without xrays surely you won't know for sure? fingers crossed its not as bad as you fear....

Sometimes they can tell if it displaces. Also having had one with a broken fetlock they are a lot more than a 'bit lame' so can be quite obvious for that reason. My boy couldn't bear weight and was in that much pain he just wanted to lie down - it's heartbreaking to see :(

You have my sympathies GG x

AdorableAlice

Visit site
second this, without xrays surely you won't know for sure? fingers crossed its not as bad as you fear....

When my filly had a suspected fracture she was in a Robert Jones within 10 minutes of the vet arriving. In all honesty OP i would be questioning the treatment, or lack of, that your horse is receiving. A horse, non weight bearing just being left, undiagnosed, until Monday and then pts if no improvement is not advice I would be accepting.

A septic foot will often present in a spectacular fashion and I hope that is what is going on in your case.

{97702}

Visit site
When my filly had a suspected fracture she was in a Robert Jones within 10 minutes of the vet arriving. In all honesty OP i would be questioning the treatment, or lack of, that your horse is receiving. A horse, non weight bearing just being left, undiagnosed, until Monday and then pts if no improvement is not advice I would be accepting.

A septic foot will often present in a spectacular fashion and I hope that is what is going on in your case.

This was why I questioned which vet had come out - I had very similar treatment to that you have described for my horse when he had a suspected fracture in his leg after being kicked in the field, he was then immediately taken up to 3 Counties Equine Hospital for x-rays. If 3 Counties is too far away then Peasebrook is nearer and can use the facilities at the equine therapy centre at Hartpury

_GG_

Visit site
She can't be walked anywhere, vet can feel the instability in.the joint very clearly. I have willesley equine and they have always been brilliant. It's good for questions to be asked and she won't be made to deal with unnecessary pain or have treatment witheld. I will do everything I can for her...but I won't see her suffer.

There isn't vehicular access to the field which doesn't help but vet really doesn't feel she can travel:(

Gingerwitch

Visit site
She can't be walked anywhere, vet can feel the instability in.the joint very clearly. I have willesley equine and they have always been brilliant. It's good for questions to be asked and she won't be made to deal with unnecessary pain or have treatment witheld. I will do everything I can for her...but I won't see her suffer.

There isn't vehicular access to the field which doesn't help but vet really doesn't feel she can travel:(

Hey, no one is saying anything about your care - we all know you are doing everything you can and above all else you care !

sending you huge hugs and best wishes, and i know that you are doing everything you can and the decisions you make will be 100% for the horse.

GW
x

_GG_

Visit site
I'm a bit all over the place to be honest so probably not reading things properly.The perfect field is now making things really difficult as it's a hard walk to the yard for a horse that is in her way. I honestly don't think she'd make 50 yards :(

Fides

Visit site
I'm a bit all over the place to be honest so probably not reading things properly.The perfect field is now making things really difficult as it's a hard walk to the yard for a horse that is in her way. I honestly don't think she'd make 50 yards :(

Has she been sedated? With my boy he simply couldn't walk. The vet sedated him and we managed to get him in from the field with some coaxing.

{97702}

Visit site

I will keep everything tightly crossed for you and for Fly xx