Usernames

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
I've never changed my name, never been banned, despite popular belief. The word is Gaelic and has no connection to me. I picked it precisely to retain anonymity because I had a job in the equine industry and had to mix with the great and the good. And some terrible too. ;)

I've only ever set up one additional username, which I still have, because I periodically manage to lock myself out of this one. I openly state who I am when I use it, though.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Just wondered why regular posters change their usernames..??? I know there are few that have been banned that come back but what about regular users..??

And what's the reason behind your username..???

I started out on here as HeavyHorseHugger as I had my Clydesdale then, when he died it didn't feel right so I got it changed to SatansLittleHelper as, because I was born on a Friday 13th, it's been my nickname forever ??????
My horses loves cowparsely hence the name

Fools Motto

Visit site
My user name is because I've had two horses at the same time that just happened to have the same birth date (just 14 years apart) and that was April 1st, hence Fools. My late mare had the prefix Fools as part of her show name, and when little filly appeared, I gave her the same prefix for her show name.
Sadly my wonderful mare is no longer with us, and I sold the little filly - with her registered name, whose sadly been passed on a few times since. I'll never change my user name, probably because I'll never remember anything else!

I think I did have a previous account in about 2008, but can't remember what I was called!

Last edited:

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I honestly have always thought you were Finnish and living in Sweden ?

And I refer to my trike as Broom, *sigh* honestly I don't intend to confuse people, it just happens.

g050.gif

{97702}

Visit site
How do people go about getting banned? I've been on here for ages and had a few heated discussions with people and have never so much as received a salty PM, from anyone!

I miss Alec and DryRot. Their posts had no BS which I liked.

I’ve been on here since 2008, and whilst it appears to be impossible to get banned nowadays (unless you advertise!) it was not always that way ?

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
I used to be somebody else a very, very long time ago on here....had a break for a year or so and could not get back in with that user name I am not sure if it was me not quite remembering the spelling of my then user name. Probably. So I made a new account and came back here under a new ID...a couple of years back I took Mrs. Jingle as a festive name. ...and could not for the life of me work out how to revert to usual name so just stuck with Mrs Jingle. But call me whatever you like - most people do! ;)

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
View attachment 44931 This is Rufus, agent of Satan in his spare time.....

OH. MY GOD...!!!!! I'm so completely in love with that baby ?????????

Mine is one of my home breds out of my favourite best ever mare .
GS was a fantastic horse who suffered a horrible and tragic decline at the darkest time of my life .
I can never remember her without pain and regret .
I have not got or had another name on here .

So sorry GS, that's so sad ???

paddy555

Visit site
Pearl was the Clydesdale that I had when I joined. She was bought from a couple in S. Yorks who owned a few nightclubs (and appeared to be in financial difficulty). Sadly, I am now 3 horses on from her, although when I bought her, I fully expected her to be my last horse.

I always thought your name was from the Elkie Brooks song.

McFluff

Visit site
Love the stories that go into usernames.

Mine is the nickname of my original horse. He’s now semi-retired, but he started my love for long manes (much to my yard managers horror!).

Only ever had this name. Think to have a change would defeat my already stretched social media skills.

I’m another one who wonders what one has to do to be banned...(not that I’m planning on going there!).

And loving the mules.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Cortez was a Spanish horse that I absolutely adored, a rescue from a very bad situation, and the one I couldn't ultimately save. He's gone many years now (that's not him in my avatar; he's another rescue that I did save and still here going strong at 19 years old :) ). I think about Cortez every day...Cortez - email.jpg

I've never changed my name either.