Utopia to be sold at Auction with no reserve..

Mince Pie

Visit site
lord lucan is still wanted on suspicion of murder, poor shergar was stolen by gunmen from the aga khan stud, and never found, he won the derby by the longest distance in the history of the race, and thoughts always stray to him when passing the stud, not really funny.

no doubt you will be retraining uti with rollkur, as you are well known as a defender of such methods.

Wow, snippy much? Obviously the sarcasm was lost on you...

Clodagh

Visit site
lord lucan is still wanted on suspicion of murder, poor shergar was stolen by gunmen from the aga khan stud, and never found, he won the derby by the longest distance in the history of the race, and thoughts always stray to him when passing the stud, not really funny.

no doubt you will be retraining uti with rollkur, as you are well known as a defender of such methods.

It must be a struggle day to day for you, taking everything so literally.
I am pretty sure LL has now been declared dead...could be wrong though.

tristar

Visit site
it might be problem for the people concerned who have never had closure.

who said sarcasm is the lowest form of wit please? ha ha

tristar

Visit site
i think that should be `wit` and` Wilde`, Booboos??
however as i left school at fourteen never to return, i could be wrong!!!`

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Haven't read all of this thread but are we any wiser as to who now owns this horse? Other than Lord Lucan, who as far as know, didn't have an interest. Lol

popsdosh

Visit site
Haven't read all of this thread but are we any wiser as to who now owns this horse? Other than Lord Lucan, who as far as know, didn't have an interest. Lol

I think its true to say the new owner thinks its nobody elses business and I tend to agree with them!

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
I think its true to say the new owner thinks its nobody elses business and I tend to agree with them!

If I had bought him I would have been more than happy to tell the horsey world that I now owned him and his future was secure. Surely there is nothing to hide, people are just interested they mean no harm.

stormox

Visit site
I see no reason at all why the new owner/s shouldnt keep the purchase of Uthopia to themselves - look at all the negative comments that appeared on social media sites when Totillas and others got sold. Its no ones business apart from theirs, really.

Alec Swan

Visit site
…….. Surely there is nothing to hide, people are just interested they mean no harm.

Would you be prepared to share the private or business aspect of your life with the rest of the world? You would? I'll prepare a questionnaire for your consideration! :)

I've never understood how or why the public should have any right to consider that they should be kept informed of the private lives of others. It is neither your affair, nor mine, nor anyone else's.

Alec.

WandaMare

Visit site
Alec its true that people are entitled to their privacy, but in this case its slightly different because Utopia has competed with a rider who has a huge public profile and lots of very dedicated fans who have supported the partnership and cheered them on on many occasion. People get fond of these horses, I know I do when I see them representing our country and achieving such great success for the sport.

Personally I'm not interested in the price / costs, private details or anything like that, but I would be interested to know that the horse will have a positive future. Like many others its a genuine care for the horse which is motivating my curiosity to know where he is going, not some inappropriate nosiness.

stormox

Visit site
Im sure the horse will have a positive future. No one is going to pay £165k for a horse and not treat him well. Some people like privacy, and dont want to be plastered all over FB, forums etc. Look at the negatiive comments on here when it was suggested (incorrectly as it turned out) Paul Schockemohle had bought him!!

Last edited:

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Would you be prepared to share the private or business aspect of your life with the rest of the world? You would? I'll prepare a questionnaire for your consideration! :)

I've never understood how or why the public should have any right to consider that they should be kept informed of the private lives of others. It is neither your affair, nor mine, nor anyone else's.

Alec.

I am obviously a very uncomplicated person whose only interest in this is to know the horse will be cared for going into his latter years. I have no intrest in the price he went for or any personal details of his new owner or what they intend to do with him. As to sharing my personal/business interests to the rest of the world it would be very boring fodder for the masses.

tristar

Visit site
i believe there is a genuine concern over the fate of the horse, to me because of toto to some extent, and a lot will depend on where he ends up, in this case especially because his future is determined by public auction, and the lead up to the auction sale could make you feel the circumstances are precarious and uncertain, ie those who care about him would not be able to veto a purchaser, and choose the best home for him, as they see it

the horse could not be more high profile, i don`t feel like i`m being nosy, but i probably am, but would be interested to see how he works for a new rider, as i am interested in training horses.

anyway i hope the new owners will let us know how he is.

tristar

Visit site
i believe there is a genuine concern over the fate of the horse, to me because of toto to some extent, and a lot will depend on where he ends up, in this case especially because his future is determined by public auction, and the lead up to the auction sale could make you feel the circumstances are precarious and uncertain, ie those who care about him would not be able to veto a purchaser, and choose the best home for him, as they see it

the horse could not be more high profile, i don`t feel like i`m being nosy, but i probably am, but would be interested to see how he works for a new rider, as i am interested in training horses.

anyway i hope the new owners will let us know how he is.