Very sick horse

Aces_High

Visit site
Seems very much the same as an hour ago which is good. Going to try and rest a little now - will post in the morning, vet is out at 7.30 to take swabs and pain relief. Thank you so much On-Line support really has helped, as have my pals who bought me supper to the stables.

oscarwild

Visit site
Aww thats good to hear that your boy isnt any worse than a hr ago.
Will be thinking of you tomorrow for you getting your results back and I hope you get some good news.
Hope you get some sleep tonight altho having been through a mystery illness with my boy a few months ago I now you'll find it tough.
So have some hugs and sending your boy some BIG healing vibes to make him feel better. xx

Mike007

Visit site
Yes ,get some sleep ,I will do the night shift worrying ,for you. Horses are quite tough actualy,remember that.Keep us posted.

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Just seen this. Sending your boy lots of ((((((((((vibes)))))))))) and you lots of (((((((((((hugs)))))))))).
I know it's the not knowing whats wrong thats the worst thing. It was awful when my vets couldn't work out what was wrong with Lucy. To see her so ill and trying to stay strong for her but having no idea what was happening or how to help her was so upsetting. :(
I hope today brings you more answers and you can start helping your boy on the road to recovery.

riding_high

Visit site
sorry to hear your boy isn't feeling too well, hope he's alot better this morning and the vet has some definate answers for you.

just as a thought though, what about liver fluke? my horse had it and he dropped in weight, aged and got depressed and wobbly over night, literally.

Cazzah

Visit site
Have just seen this and hope that he has been OK throught the night and that your vet has some difinitive (and good) news for you this morning?

My TB had very similar sounding symptoms a couple of years ago when he came down with peritonitis. No cause was ever found but after a week of touch and go he made a full recovery. This was diagnosed by a stomach tap.

Hope your news is good this morning - please let us know!
(((hugs)))

Ashgrove

www.facebook.com
Has the vet been?

What did they say?

~~~~~Vibes~~~~~ to your horse and
1.gif
to you.

akashapachamama

Visit site
How is he this morning? You must be so so worried but well done, youre doing all the right things. Keep being strong for your boy and I hope he pulls through and everything works out ok.
HUGS and vibes...

Aces_High

Visit site
Hi all,

He's not deterioted over night but is more wobbly on his feet. He's also hypersensitive to touch now. Yesterday he was vacant and didn't move to movement around his eyes/head. He's going to the loo as normal, temp and heart rate good. More bloods drawn, swabs taken so have to wait for the results. He ate all his breakfast and licked his manger clean. Not taking in any fluids but has very sloppy sugarbeet in his feed. Hopefully have something to work on when his results come back from the lab. Many thanks again to all the postive vibes.

TallyHo123

Visit site
Vibes for your horse and *hugs* for you.
Hope you find out what's wrong with him and that he makes a full recovery. Sounds promising that he has got slightly better rather than any worse, hope he keeps getting stronger x

Boxers

Visit site
Glad to hear that he is a bit better this morning. Still sending you some good vibes for the rest of the day. Hope he continues to improve. Let us know how he is later and what the vet says the blood tests reveal.

Aces_High

Visit site
Just had bloods back.... RBC and WBC high - normal as mounting an inflammatory response. Proteins - normal, muscle enzymes - normal, kidneys - normal, electrolytes etc - normal, liver function nomal, one liver test - 49 (very slightly high but wouldn't worry unless in the 100's.) Rules out poisoning and few other thoughts we had. More tests being run and EHV, EIA etc.

golden_revolution

Visit site
Oh dear, I have everything crossed for you and your horse, there's noting worse than not being able to really help them is there :(
Very worrying especially with the recent EIA outbreaks...please keep us all informed!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Sorry to hear about your boy and hope you can get some results which actually tell you what it is and how to treat too. The good thing is he's still eating but I'd be very wary of pushing too much into him but I'm sure your vet is giving you all the advice they can. Best of luck for a quick recovery.
BTW, not hard hearted at all, would definitely have done the same as you.

Hoofprints in the Snow

Visit site
Just read this, so sorry to hear your horse is so sick. Just a thought I don't think anyone else has suggested, could it be neourological. (((((hugs)))) and hope that you get an answer soon.

Aces_High

Visit site
Been thinking about the neurological route. To be honest we won't be looking for anything until all the blood and swab results are back from the lab. If there's nothing conclusive we will be looking at scanning his abdomen. Heading off to give him lunch and electrolytes, needs to be a little more forthcoming with his drinking habits. Should follow his mother on this one.....