Weekend plans?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Thursday morning and no thread.... so I'll start it this time!

What's everyone up to?

Kira has last show before regionals tomorrow, wanted to do the elem qualifier and an easier medium so it's E59 and M69 again as that seems to be all that venues are running! It's the time of year! :D

Standard weekend of teaching & riding for me after that, punctuated with a trip into work on Saturday which is a bit of a pita :rolleyes: but can't be avoided.

Have fun everyone :)

monte1

Visit site
Sounds like a busy one, Milliepops, good luck at the regionals !!
Well we are off to do a joint jump lesson on Saturday with a friend so should be fun, then Sunday doing some dressage, Novice 24 at a local venue.
hoping not to make to bad a job of it, just got to learn to relax and not try so hard :)

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Good luck MP, E59 and M69 for the win ;).

Currently nothing planned, but may sneak out and go to the farm ride again at Somerford with baby horse :).

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Not a lot this weekend, think we're going to do an arena hire on Sunday as part of the making jumping boring (or at least less exciting) and getting madam to realise that because she's done an exercise once she DOES NOT know best.

Wimbles

Visit site
All the lessons and dressage sounds great, but not as exciting as pony shopping!!!

After the success of last weekend's arena eventing (finally added a picture)

This week they're taking a trip down to Moreton Morrell for a horseball clinic. Hopefully the flatwork portion will help with the steering issues as i'm going to enter them for another arena eventing next week!

The Snowman

Visit site
My new youngster has just arrived yesterday, she is only 20 months, so will spend a little bit of time Sat & Sun to get to know her :D Other ridden pony is currently not able to be ridden as he has bruised soles so will be having a little pamper session I think to make sure he is not left out!

Bernster

Visit site
Lesson tonight - have been v on/off with flatwork sessions and really need to knuckle down and get on with it.

V excited (which will soon turn into abject fear I'm sure) - off to a BE Taster day on Saturday using the new Attington facilities (Oxfordshire). Had hoped to have done a bit more by now but it's aimed at Wobbleberries and there are a few of us going, so hopefully I'll be in good wobbly company! A great way to try each discipline in one day. Poor Finnegan won't know what's hit him.

milliepops

Visit site
Great pics Wimbles.. not long before you're back in the saddle now??

Bernster, sounds great, have you got BE trainers going there? Have fun!

Bernster

Visit site

Thanks. It's through the BE training website - with Louise Bradley a BE coach. I don't know her but with it being open to WBs (the wobbly type, not the warmbloods) I'm hoping she will be sympathetic. Includes a training ticket in the cost but BE are actually giving one out free to WBs as well, so I think that means I'll end up with two training passes. Lawks a lordy I might do 2 events !

Wimbles

Visit site

Just 11 pounds standing between me watching everyone else playing with my horses and me actually riding! It's hard but I'm keeping my promise to the boys of losing two stone before I ride.

DirectorFury

Visit site
I've got a sharer coming to try Mads Saturday and I'm 'teaching' a friend who's returning to schooling after 17 years just hacking on a long rein on Sunday.
Can everyone keep their fingers crossed that this sharer can actually ride as well as they say they can? :p

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Dressage on Sunday. In a moment of insanity I decided to take both and will be doing Intro and Prelim on Amber, plus Prelim and Novice on Matti.

Hopefully I can bribe someone to call for me as I'm not sure I'll remember 3 tests - it seemed like such a good idea at the time...

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Still haven't moved the horses, so hoping to do that Saturday and Sunday I'm off to Solihull for the Riding Club showjumping

Stay Safe have fun everyone

I'm at Solihull on Sunday too :) I will be the one on the overgrown pony in the intermediate, competing for SRC.

Good luck everyone, have a fab weekend!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
SJ lesson tonight and I've had three lesson in a row this week so I'm hoping he sees an improvement since last one with him on Wed :)
Hacking sat
Then:
Drum roll please.

Stressage debut on Sunday!

LeannePip

Visit site
Good Luck MP and everyone else out competing!

Wimbles, those photos are lovely! such a sucker for a dappled grey!

Saturday is pretty quiet, working AM and then pony scrubbing, may try and sneak a last minute lesson in if i can scrape some funds together!

Sunday we are at Moreton for the RC Area SJ Qualifier, me and a girl from the yard are the only ones from the club going so we're boxing down together despite having very different times, to have a nice day out!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I'm hoping to do some pole work with N tomorrow; a couple of girls at the yard are getting together so if I can get back from shopping with mum I will join them.

Good luck everyone competing!

milliepops

Visit site
Good start to the weekend for us :) 2nd in the elem with a sheet I'm rather happy with having collected a nice suite of 8s for her canter work... (her CANTER work!! This time last year we were still struggling to pick up the right lead! :lol: *shock*)

And 1st in the medium feeling altogether more grown up. Starting to come together :eek: :)

Now for a weekend of playing with other people's ponies. Have fun all :D

Asha

Visit site
Well done Milliepops. Great result

I'm off to somerford today, taking my young ID for her first trip around a farm ride. We haven't cantered on grass yet, so this could be interesting .

FfionWinnie

Visit site
looking very accomplished in that vid :) Loved the little chat about custard too :eek:

Ha ha yes had to leave some dodgy videoing in to get the whole convo in. I love the bit when he walks off and she tuts and sighs at his inability to understand :D

She came away saying she felt Custard had learned a lot and wasn't impressed when I pointed out it's her who is learning not him, he already knows the job :eek:

Justturnedfifty

Visit site
Good start to the weekend for us :) 2nd in the elem with a sheet I'm rather happy with having collected a nice suite of 8s for her canter work... (her CANTER work!! This time last year we were still struggling to pick up the right lead! :lol: *shock*)

And 1st in the medium feeling altogether more grown up. Starting to come together :eek: :)

Now for a weekend of playing with other people's ponies. Have fun all :D

I was writing for the judge who gave you those lovely 8's, it was a pleasure watching you! The concentration on your face was almost as good as your Welshy girls! Good luck going forward.

milliepops

Visit site
I was writing for the judge who gave you those lovely 8's, it was a pleasure watching you! The concentration on your face was almost as good as your Welshy girls! Good luck going forward.

Oh WOW! haha I like being judged by Lady I, I know some people are a little intimidated by her but I always find she gives the scores we TRULY deserve (be that good or bad, lol). Thanks :eek: