weekend plans!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
gorgeous pony Northern <3

OMG Ambers Echo what a day! Glad to hear there's no major damage done, other than to pride :(

Asha

Visit site
Wow well done MP. Wonderful Kira!!
Get well soon Scats. Sounds grim.Love the new pony Northern. Do love a haffy. Such beautiful horses.
Bad luck Fiona! We've all been there though..... I don't know this rider but she is FB friends with friends of mine so saw her post this on FB!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Michen what a smart boy. And super well behaved.

My weekend was eventful.....Katie did ride Jenny in the 70 and flew round bang on the optimum time but missed out fence 18 which was frustrating. But that was put into perspective by Izzy coming off at the steps in the 80 as she was going too fast and just wasn't balanced enough. Landed on her head so paramedic insisted on a collar/spinal board/999 job which was scary but luckily no serious damage. Amber was like turning a tanker and missed 2 tight turns. Oh well back to the drawing board for us all.

oh no AE, hope shes ok and not too sore. Im sure when you are back out BE next year, a bit of luck will be on your side ( it has to be !)

Well done MP, more fabulous results. What a star cob she is.

Fiona- hope you are ok, as JFTD says,horsea are great levellers. Im sure your next outing will be better.

Our weekend wasn't what was planned. We where invited to go and watch the local hunt. Ive never hunted, so didn't know what to expect, ive only seen the amazing photos on FB and H&H mag. It started off amazing, with a lovely warm welcome from everyone, even when I referred to the hounds as dogs ( was politely told off;)) Just watching all the riders go off was amazing. Things went down hill from there as a group of sabs turned up, and things quickly became unpleasant. So we left. Its totally put me off, I like to go out and have fun without worrying if a group of thugs are going to turn up and get abusive.

Michen

Visit site
oh no AE, hope shes ok and not too sore. Im sure when you are back out BE next year, a bit of luck will be on your side ( it has to be !)

Well done MP, more fabulous results. What a star cob she is.

Fiona- hope you are ok, as JFTD says,horsea are great levellers. Im sure your next outing will be better.

Our weekend wasn't what was planned. We where invited to go and watch the local hunt. Ive never hunted, so didn't know what to expect, ive only seen the amazing photos on FB and H&H mag. It started off amazing, with a lovely warm welcome from everyone, even when I referred to the hounds as dogs ( was politely told off;)) Just watching all the riders go off was amazing. Things went down hill from there as a group of sabs turned up, and things quickly became unpleasant. So we left. Its totally put me off, I like to go out and have fun without worrying if a group of thugs are going to turn up and get abusive.

Try a drag pack, rarely if ever happens

rosiesowner

Visit site
A mixed bag of weekends for us all then... Well dones and comiserations where they are due. But let's all remember that one bad weekend can't stop us! We have a whole new week for training etc!

Chilli schooled on Friday night when I got there after work. In all honesty, I was knackered and really didn't feel like riding but she was super super super!! Then on Saturday we went for a nice hack, popped over a log and had a good blast. Really trying to take advantage of the fact we still have such good ground! Then yesterday after a day of skating (never done it before, didn't fall over ONCE. Take that mother and bf who were convinced I'd deck it repeatedly!) I hopped on Chill to school her. She was a bit fresh but nothing really terrible happened, just didn't have her as through as I'd have liked in canter BUT the walk was much improved which has always been our biggest challenge.

As I mentioned no show for us this weekend with dad being in hospital, but next Sunday if we can we'll be popping out for our first outing since the start of May! Squeezing in an arena hire on Wednesday to get out before we go and practise riding through the tests in an arena that isn't ours.

SEL

Visit site
😂 pioneers in the brand new sport of circus dressage!
Medium trot behind a clown on a bike, pirouette into a large ball to knock it into the gallery, halt and rein back beneath a parachute wafted by highly sequined assistants......the tests are basically writing themselves 😁
Militaire the ex-circus Ardennes horse (over there in my avatar) would be up for that. You can finish by somersaulting off his back :p

MP - brilliant weekend for you and Kira. Those rosettes are almost as big as she is!

Loving the Boggle pictures and really looking forward to seeing more of Northern's haffy (I used to ride them for an endurance rider many years ago - hopefully yours is better behaved!!)

Denbob

Visit site
Well done to everyone who competed or went out and about, even if it didn't go to plan it's all part of the experience (or so i'm told!)

Tried baby pony with some home style agility obstacles yesterday - was expecting a few spooks, instead had to pull the tarp out of Denzel's mouth because he was waving it around and frightening the other horses. Another contender for circus dressage?!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I naively assumed all hunting was drag ? im clueless with regards to hunting.
Ahh, not quite...

You were wise to go home. The same pack (I'm guessing) fetched up here after midday, complete with several car loads of balaclava wearing sabs right onto them. It all got very heated and there was lots of shouting, though I think it fell short of actual fisticuffs. At least 3 police cars turned up. A car load of sabs got lost and ran through a friend's garden while she was at home, which was alarming, as she knew nothing about the hunt and hadn't got a clue what all these balaclava wearing people were doing in her garden.

It's the first time I've seen any sabs anywhere. Scary.

Asha

Visit site
Ahh, not quite...

You were wise to go home. The same pack (I'm guessing) fetched up here after midday, complete with several car loads of balaclava wearing sabs right onto them. It all got very heated and there was lots of shouting, though I think it fell short of actual fisticuffs. At least 3 police cars turned up. A car load of sabs got lost and ran through a friend's garden while she was at home, which was alarming, as she knew nothing about the hunt and hadn't got a clue what all these balaclava wearing people were doing in her garden.

Good grief , she must have been terrified. Hope she's ok. Very scary day all round

Mule

Visit site
Well done to everyone who competed or went out and about, even if it didn't go to plan it's all part of the experience (or so i'm told!)

Tried baby pony with some home style agility obstacles yesterday - was expecting a few spooks, instead had to pull the tarp out of Denzel's mouth because he was waving it around and frightening the other horses. Another contender for circus dressage?!
One of mine picks up a big cone and swings it at his friends head 😂 we'd be in trouble if he had hands.

Mule

Visit site
Ahh, not quite...

Christ, that's dodgy 😮

Bernster

Visit site
I naively assumed all hunting was drag ? im clueless with regards to hunting.

I was going to suggest the same - try a drag or bloodhound hunt. I didn’t often see sabs (didn’t hunt that much though) but when I did, it put me off a bit. I do prefer drag hunting.

Michen - great pic. I am always snapped half through telling him he’s a good boy, so I often pull stupid faces!

Fiona

Visit site
Poor Issy AE 😣😣😣 Is she ok today?

I've a funny feeling that video is Lissa Green, I think I saw it earlier in the year..... Naughty horse.

I had Fionn out tonight for a group flatwork lesson at RC, newly clipped and looking very smart. Thankfully even though his stifles are cut, he wasn't ever sore....

Fiona

Chippers1

Visit site
I was away for a few days so didn't go out but jumped Sunday at home and I don't know what it was - little break/new winter field with more grass and hay/new feed/saddle fitting slightly better but he was amazing and for the first time ever pulled me into a jump!! He's so laid back with jumping normally (and not forgetting spooky...) he keeps a nice steady pace but he was raring to go. Hoping this is a good sign for SJ at the weekend :)

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Bloody hell - a load of sabs in balaclavas running through your garden unexpectedly? That would be terrifying :(
Indeed.

These are a couple of brief videos from a pro hunt fb page of the same group of sabs elsewhere on the same day. That's their black discovery in the background. The two lead aggressors are bare faced, the rest wore balaclavas. No wonder my friend was scared. This is all very close to where I live, ride and walk the dog.

This sort of thing is normally posted on the hunting board, but IMHO it's relevant as it spilled over into normal daily life for neutral folk here in the countryside. I believe that later on fighting did break out between pros and antis, and people were taken to hospital.

The fact that the whipper in from the same pack had been filmed in close up two days beforehand on a hunting day in woodland putting the corpse of a recently dead fox into a black bin bag didn't help to calm the situation.

Last edited: