weekend plans!

scats

Visit site
Hope everyone has a fun weekend. Weather forecast is rubbish here again- it’s been vile all week too, so I’ve been on riding strike. I think I’ve just hit that end of winter desperation and I have no tolerance for the wind or rain.
A weeks rest won’t do Millie any harm any way.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
AE, now you have done it, its unlikely to ever happen again.
I did the same when a jockey left steps down at petrol station, I didn't even know she had left truck! 38 footer, tight to get out, horsebox 1, range rover nil...... ouch! Had I not hit the RR and scored along its front wing, I'd have unwittingly left the 14yr old behind tho - as she was still buying sweets! 🙄

On my noddy mobile 3.5 I haven't shut the rear door on a couple of occasions..... once 5 yrs ago when leaving yard in a hurry and pony in back started shouting, and again 2 weeks ago leaving RC training - instructor belted up behind me waving like a loon! 😳

As for passengers.... that's a thread for itself, ref taking a shower on autobahn.... pillow fights on way back from Scotland...argh!

Trinket12

Visit site
Just the same old, same old. Lesson on Friday, teaching on Saturday (and hoping the snow stops so can take the kids on the trails) and lesson on Sunday, with snowshoeing afterwards!

Also trying to not obsessively look at horse ads and be patient....... :rolleyes:

mavandkaz

Visit site
Unaff show jumping on Saturday for us. Not too sure how I feel about it - really could go either way. Haven't jumped since the weekend before last where we had and absolutely awesome lesson on the Saturday. Went to a comp the next day with high hopes and ended up having a bit of a disaster. Coupled with the fact he hasn't been ridden since Saturday due to weather and a chiro session..... Well anything could happen.
Then Sunday have planned to go for a hack with his potential sharer, but will see what happens with the weather.

blood_magik

Visit site
Well, he passed 🙂

There’s just one thing that cropped up on the X-rays that I want a bit more information about before I make a decision - there’s not much online and it’s not something I’ve coming across before.

My heart is saying go for it as my vet isn’t too concerned, whereas my head is saying get a second opinion on the X-rays (before buying him anyways 😬)

Why is buying horses so hard? 🙈

Michen

Visit site
Unaff show jumping on Saturday for us. Not too sure how I feel about it - really could go either way. Haven't jumped since the weekend before last where we had and absolutely awesome lesson on the Saturday. Went to a comp the next day with high hopes and ended up having a bit of a disaster. Coupled with the fact he hasn't been ridden since Saturday due to weather and a chiro session..... Well anything could happen.
Then Sunday have planned to go for a hack with his potential sharer, but will see what happens with the weather.

Come to the Beth clinic instead! Bog would love a joint lesson with his old play mate 😃😃

Snowfilly

Visit site
Last winter jumping of the year at the riding school on Sunday. I have the lovely old schoolmaster again, and we're doing 80 and 90 as normal. We're in 3rd place in the 80 league with only 2 points between us and first...all three of us are headed there in fully competitive mode! Also 5th in 90 but a healthy distance away from the leaders there.

Bittersweet as almost everyone else there has their own horses and is looking forward to a spring and summer of competing. I miss my boy and am feeling pretty blah at the thought of an entirely horseless spring and summer.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We will take the rain here! We had... wait for it... a grand total of 1mil yesterday! Safe to say it's dry and dusty.

OMG AE and all the rest with those stories, I have had some incidents too, although one is quite scary!

We have a lesson tomorrow and maybe XC training on Sunday. We will see.

Probably need to plan some of our holiday. Need some places to stay in Scotland and a place to ride poines in Wales and Scotland in April. Open to suggestions!

Have fun all!

Chippers1

Visit site
I'm out :) going to SJ on Sunday at a venue I swore i'd never go to again after last years effort (2 stops and a run out...) however we are much more confident so just aiming to go clear, which incidentally as it is trailblazers I would qualify for second rounds. Doing the 75cm, it's always a full up course with fillers so should be interesting!
The disastrous one last year was only 65cm and we hung around for hours before going in due to a mix up so hopefully this time i'll just warm up, get in quickly and go again!

Probably do a long hack on sat too.

Loving the transport stories, mine is when I was coming off an A road to a roundabout and having the jockey door on my 3.5t slam open into my drivers door, I don't know who was more surprised, me or Buzz looking out into the traffic!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Probably need to plan some of our holiday. Need some places to stay in Scotland and a place to ride poines in Wales and Scotland in April. Open to suggestions!

Have fun all!

Definitely Free Rein for Wales - a great set up and some amazing riding countryside. https://www.free-rein.co.uk/

I did a self guided two day ride with a group of friends a few years ago. We had a blast. Horses are sane but most definitely not riding school/trekking types.

Here are a couple of photos I took along the way.....

11174434_10205629911239817_5518080310617620277_o.jpg

11174727_10205630010482298_5494308788643716673_o.jpg

monte1

Visit site
Our weekend starts this afternoon. YAAY
Half day in work and then off for some show jump course practice with our trainer at a local venue this afternoon.
Saturday Am will be dressage writing at Tweseldown, which should be fun, then PM riding and tack cleaning. Sunday we are having a stab at the elementary 44 test...eeeek .. it is at a really low key friendly venue, certainly not expecting any great score, but it will be nice to ride a test at that level and see how we go, taking homework away to build on.
best of luck to everyone out and about hope the rain stays away!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Definitely Free Rein for Wales - a great set up and some amazing riding countryside. https://www.free-rein.co.uk/

I did a self guided two day ride with a group of friends a few years ago. We had a blast. Horses are sane but most definitely not riding school/trekking types.

Here are a couple of photos I took along the way.....

11174434_10205629911239817_5518080310617620277_o.jpg

11174727_10205630010482298_5494308788643716673_o.jpg

Ooo thanks, it looks lovely!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
On the topic of mishaps with boxes, I did manage to not 'quite' close the back door on mine and for it to open unexpectedly on the motorway :oops:, it shut again on my speedy stop on the hard-shoulder o_O Topaz's face was like o_O human what are you doing!

#WinningAtEqLife
As it didn't actually cause a major traffic incident on way home.