Weekend plans!

j1ffy

Visit site
I’m off to the Senior Inter-Regionals at Keysoe, having been selected at Medium for team Central - eek!! We have to do M75 and M76, both of which are new to us and both require entry in canter :eek: I don’t think we’ll be troubling the leaders but hopefully I don’t disappoint my team!

It’s meant a busy Friday as my lorry has been serviced and MOT’ed two hours away in the opposite direction, so I was on a 6.30 train to pick it up. Oh and my horse currently resembles a hippo so I need to fit in time to bath him as well as load everything up! I do like to make life hard for myself :p

Is anyone else at SIR?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
ooh have a great time jiffy. Hitting the big time once you start cantering in ;)

I had really hoped Salty would have been doing something good enough by now to have applied for SIR this year but the universe had a different view of things apparently :rolleyes: Best of luck :)

TRECtastic

Visit site
I'm off to a TREC comp in beautiful Shropshire
Just checking through my huge list of things to take with me
We've booked B&B as can't face camping/sleeping in trailer this time of year . We also have use of the hot tub , looking forward to a nice soak after a long ride tomorrow .

Good luck everyone, hope you all have a great weekend

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Ooh I'm enjoying being an owner!! I was getting Amber ready last night and thought I'm normally feeling sick doing this!! Its a tough course. There have been about 30 round so far and no double clears. Amber just clipped a SJ pole for 4 faults and a few too fast penalties. Delighted with her. My turn next tomorrow. Eek.

Bernster

Visit site
I do wonder what it would like to be an owner and be there but not feeling horribly sick and nervous! I occasionally wonder whether I should get someone who is actually capable to take F around a few times to help his confidence but it’s a trade off as those are then times when I’m not out competing, and I’m not out that often as it is. Have fun.

ihatework

Visit site
I do wonder what it would like to be an owner and be there but not feeling horribly sick and nervous! I occasionally wonder whether I should get someone who is actually capable to take F around a few times to help his confidence but it’s a trade off as those are then times when I’m not out competing, and I’m not out that often as it is. Have fun.

It’s much more fun being an owner I reckon! But I still get a bit nervous for them but nothing like if I were sat on them myself!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Actually that Intel might be wrong....
Cant find a reliable score. I'll update later when confirmed results are known. I've not seen any clears and all the problems are putting me off watching anh more!

Rosemary28

Visit site
Good luck this weekend those off competing, I will be spending my weekend in a field full of Land Rover enthusiasts with OH... things you do for love, eh?

Hoping we won't be too late back on Sunday so I can get hairy pony out for a drive.

Asha

Visit site
Good luck everyone.

This weekend I will be mainly poulticing. Two feet with abscesses, possibly four! She’s never had any on the four years I’ve had her. Poor soul is in agony.

Oh no Mcfluff, that sounds awful, hope shes feeling better soon. Aria had one last week, she was hopping, couldn't imagine what she'd be like with 2.

Im supposed to be doing 2 dressage tests on sunday, just unsure if i will get there at the minute. Im also supposed to be having a lesson in 25mins, but its absolutely bucketing it down. That horrible big thick rain that goes sideways....

Reactions: TPO

Fiona

Visit site
I'm going to live through everyone competing this weekend so will pretend i'm an owner :D also just bridle shopping and fallen in love with a £215 one...why!! My box needs paying for I can't spend £215 on a bridle...but I reealllllyyy want it o_O

We need pics and a link..... ;)

FIona

Reactions: TPO

Chippers1

Visit site
Oh no and now Buzz has come in with raised pulses, gutted I've done so much to prevent it. Hope he doesn't get full blown lami 😔

Chippers1

Visit site
He's in for the night and probably tomorrow too but is not happy about it! It's a sandy pen he's in so he's getting a bit soggy (there's some shelter but he still doesn't like it!) Two haynets and a hay ball to keep him going all night.
The pulses have gone down already so that's a good sign. I'll keep him in though. It's my worst nightmare, my old pony was very laminitic and I don't want to go through it all again :(
Just shows the importance of checking for pulses and knowing what's normal! I check them every day and I can't normally find them. They weren't bounding but were definitely raised. Bit annoying really as I made sure he wasn't overweight before going to the summer field!

Last edited:

McFluff

Visit site
Oh no Mcfluff, that sounds awful, hope shes feeling better soon. Aria had one last week, she was hopping, couldn't imagine what she'd be like with 2.
Thank you. I’m actually relieved it’s abcesses as I had the emergency vet out as she was so lame, and very suddenly. We tested for muscle enzymes (all normal) and checked for signs of lami (none thankfully) but then had a mystery. So when we poulticed and got pus it was a relief. Two are now out, and the other two have burst. Only second time farrier has seen this in all four feet at once!
Glad that Arla only had one - like a normal horse!

zaminda

Visit site
I went to the beach yesterday for our last long canter session before Golden horseshoe next weekend. I'm teaching today so will only have time to wizz two out quickly and then I'm taking Tamba xc schooling tomorrow. I was hoping to be further ahead by now but we have had an issue with the saddle which is now resolved thankfully causing him to be rather sore! Gallops with Winnie tomorrow and then a Devrills ride Monday which is about 25k but fairly slow due to lots of gates!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
just back from a brilliant lesson :) we have been spending a lot of time at home on basics lately which was time well spent, but not that inspiring :rolleyes: Today we got to see the fruits of our labours :D all a bit more grown up and some more lightbulb moments which are always welcome. Fired up and ready to crack on again now. Toppest tired cob pic below:

60233077_2484286754916153_5133100451230646272_n.jpg

Fiona

Visit site
Aww tired pony MP ❤

Good news mcfluff that you are getting improvement now. I've never seen more than one abcess at once...

We headed off early this morning with son and 12hh pony this morning. They jumped 2 double clears in the spookiest of big arenas without the tiniest of hesitations, and daisy just lobbed along at a slow canter.. So pleased, considering the last time we were there last year she got spooked by a donkey in a paddock and was completely nuts 🤣🤣

Finished by 10.15 and had breakfast baps and tea in the cafe 😊😊

Fiona

Wheels

Visit site
The basics are so important MP and I'm sure yours are very good, no harm in revisiting though!!

Great news about Fs jumping fiona.

zaminda

Visit site
Sounds great zaminda, good luck with the golden horseshoe, what distance is that over?
We are doing the 80k in a day. It will be her second ever 80k and a big ask for an Irish horse but she seems to be loving it! She was described as fast by someone recently which made me chuckle!!