Weekend plans!

Chippers1

Visit site
That's interesting about the calming cookies, i was thinking about trying them with Buzz as he can be a bit anxious when he gets to a comp and doesn't really settle when I try to tack up but I was worried it might calm him too much to jump or something as he is alright once he's in the ring and I like him to use some of that nervous energy to give him some ping!

Bernster

Visit site
Chippers that’s what o tried using them for. Given before heading off in the lorry to help him on arrival when he can be a big fidget tied up outside the box. Did seem to help until he decided he didn’t like the taste. Better now plus I have a lorry that I can open up the inside and do everything in there. I’d try them again though eg for higher anxiety situations like first time out hunting for a whole.

ETTa didn’t impact ridden work or performance at all.

Fiona

Visit site
They sounds great rosieowner, have you got a link? I might get some for Daisy for her next WH competition to help her with standing in line...

We've had a great free days, 2 DCs for F and Daisy on Sat, Fionn and I were third in our XC yesterday, and tonight we both had a brilliant gridwork session at RC with the grid ending up at 85cm including a bounce and the single fences 70-75. Not bad for a 12hh pony, and wussy me and Fionn.

Loved the pics of the girls AE, and no I can't tell them apart.. Give us some pointers 😂

Fiona

Fiona

Wheels

Visit site
Sounds like you had a fab weekend fiona. I love a bit of gridwork

Well done on your placing too, that's great news

Wheels

Visit site
Aw that's nice chippers, which one did you go for and what made you decide to go for an anatomical bridle?

Chippers1

Visit site
I went for this one https://m.kramer.co.uk/Horse/Bridle...sebands/Cavesson-Bridle-Anatomical-Innovation mainly because it has separate cheek pieces and a throat lash whilst also being a cavesson noseband (so would still be BE legal). I've heard how well horses go in Miklems and the like but they all have that flash/drop style noseband which he doesn't need so I was looking for a comfy bridle that incorporated similar ideas to a miklem. I liked the curved nose band shape that moves the straps away from the cheek bones and the padded shaped head piece.
Just wanted to improve his comfort really and they seem to be good at that!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I was at Howe for the Scottish Arab Group Show. Those horsess were bat poop crazy! I think I will stick to my racehorses thanks lol!

Aww that's not good unfortunately some of the in hand horses are chased on a bit too much and it makes them a bit crazy, I think it can ruin some shows Arabs generally like to show off naturally they don't need winding up.

My 2 Arabs are pretty sane they have there moments but definitely not that bad.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Oh my lordy lord. One of THOSE days today. Kira's least favourite venue, sadly also our closest... was a nappy wotsit in the warm up and then it was like trying to ride a dead slug round the test. Enter in canter, you say? nope, we're too busy spooking at the banners to maintain a 3 beat rhythm right now... had to do a bit of a creative wiggle to get a true pace before we entered :eek:

Actual entry was great! 7.5. I'll take that given we have struggled a bit with getting a crisp trot move off in the past... sadly it went a bit downhill from there with giant spooks and extreme behindthelegness culminating with me hissing at one point; "stop being such a tit and sodding well get on with it"
unfortunately that little gem slipped out just as we passed the judge. She was charitable enough not to mention it on the score sheet ;)

63% was the score, it was a disappointing ride but a surprisingly kind score given how it felt... i guess that just shows how much my expectations have raised this year and that's no bad thing. It just feels a bit rough when you know there is so much more available :confused:

Onwards and upwards. Kira thought the snacking was great though :D

60347841_2492106847467477_8912362202137100288_n.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Oh Kira, you bold girl 😭😭

I suppose it was v warm today...

Fiona
hahaha I'm not sure temperature accounts for spooking :p unless her brain goes like those electronics that go screwy when they get hot ;)

I have given myself a talking to and decided that as the venue is clearly due for an exorcism, we aren't going back until that has taken place. She's always been ultra difficult there, no point flogging ourselves over it any longer ;)