Weekend plans!

Chippers1

Visit site
Well done to everyone 😊
Buzz is happy as he's gone back out, no pulse around 40 mins after I first felt them and no pulses this morning or this evening. He doesn't like being in (he'd hardly eaten anything all night) so he's happy now. I will be keeping a very close eye on him though!
The good news is the 24 hours in got rid of the grass belly so at least I know he's not fat yet 😅

Wheels

Visit site
I've changed my plans a bit, was going to have a lesson Tuesday but decided that's too close to Thursdays competition so off to my local XC course tomorrow for a hack about and pop a few jumps on the way round. I noticed yesterday that they've got their show jumps up in one of the fields so a good chance to practise on grass before Thursday

Fiona

Visit site
I've changed my plans a bit, was going to have a lesson Tuesday but decided that's too close to Thursdays competition so off to my local XC course tomorrow for a hack about and pop a few jumps on the way round. I noticed yesterday that they've got their show jumps up in one of the fields so a good chance to practise on grass before Thursday

Have fun, and good luck on Thursday x

Fiona

rosiesowner

Visit site
@Chippers1 Have a look on Kramer and see if you can find one similar for muuchhhhh less!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend whatever they're up to. Chilli and I off to have a go at another test today. Civilised time of 2.30pm!! Will report back later.

Northern

Visit site
My girls made it home the other week, safe and sound! E the TB is just chilling out with no human contact at the moment, shall have to sort her issues out and get a new saddle(!) before continuing on with her aiming for the jumping events later in the year. L the Haflinger has gone to a good friend for schooling and is doing well so far. Only 1.5 weeks until I am home and can crack on with them too :) Can't wait! Hope everyone had a great weekend :D

Noble

Visit site
Chippers, I have just took the plunge and bought that bridle. It is lovely and I'm really pleased with the quality and fit, I paid £190 at Redpost. I believe you may get a % off if it is your first order and free delivery included.

Reacher

Visit site
Great pics Fiona, MP and scars. Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine.
Retired mare’s eye (came down with a screaming eye ulcer on good Friday) is now completely healed which is great. Having it debrided and the blood serum drops seems to have worked well.
Mr H had physio session yesterday so having the day off today. Physio continues to be pleased by his improving muscle and notes how much more power he has. Noted his improving canter too on his weak side.
Enjoy rest of the weekend everyone

Chippers1

Visit site
That sounds good @Noble. I don't think it's BE legal though as it's not on there list (and has fixed cheekpieces) so not sure whether to risk it!

Asha

Visit site
We’ve had a fab weekend . Started with the jump lesson on Friday , we managed to miss the rain and have a right laugh . Then today off we trundled to have a go at dressage . No frillies, but we did get our best score to date in the first test , getting 66.1% , seriously chuffed with that . Pip was super cool 😎, the second test was no where near as good as we both made a few mistakes. The best thing was just being there on my Pip , not stressed or worried , just a great day with my pony 🥰

live2ride

Visit site
Was supposed to have a dressage clinic today but it was cancelled. So we went to the Wyre Forest for a ride instead. Beautiful weather, and well behaved ponies made for a lovely day.

59986559_10158474450023206_31201674685054976_o.jpg

Snowfilly

Visit site
Managed a super horsey weekend, no mean feat without a horse! Sneaked in a jumping lesson at the local school on Friday night, on a lovely Irish hunter who's fairly newly arrived and popped around 1.00m like it was nothing, watched a local show on Saturday with a 1.20 and a huge accumulator jumping class, the joker fence was a 1.50 dead upright and got invited to help with a heavy horse club ride next weekend.

The model horse show was today, I had no idea model horse shows were a thing but it was a 5 minute walk from home. People had travelled from all over the South West and it was glorious. All the models were on tables and were brought out one class at a time onto a central table for judging. While I was there, they did classes for Welsh, M and M and other British pony; they had the models split into various categories but not sure what or how or how they were judged. People had put labels in front of the models stating their breed or cross.

There were more Breyers than I could have imagined, some old julip and magpies, lots of beautiful china ones and loads of little plastic models. Absolutely gorgous and I felt like 7 years old again!

I am now staring at my childhood models and wondering...

zaminda

Visit site
Those ponies are awesome AE!!
I had a great time xc schooling at larkhill today with the little NF. He is such a dude and hasn't done much for a bit as he had a sore back from his saddle. He jumped really well with a mix of the 80 and the 90. He made some of them feel small and he clearly enjoyed himself! Hopefully I will get him out again soon as I would like to do an ODE in a fortnight at the same place.
Off for a long training ride tomorrow with Winnie all being well which should be good!

Attachments

• IMG-20190512-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20190512-WA0004.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20190512-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20190512-WA0001.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 10

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We had 3 really productive lessons this weekend. Our jumping especially has progressed so much, Henry is turning into a confident happy boy. he seems to really understand jumping now and his default is an enthusiastic yes to every question asked of him!

Our XC lesson in particular was excellent. We went to a new venue and Henry was completely ready to jump every question asked of him. He is really feeling like he is ready to go out and event! He is a special boy.

Attachments

• Henry jump Jonna 2019.PNG
    Henry jump Jonna 2019.PNG
    193.3 KB · Views: 4

TRECtastic

Visit site
We had a fabulous time at tugford in Shropshire, brilliant POR ( orienteering section ) on Saturday with plenty of tricky parts , then a good time Sunday on the MA ( control of paces ) , and the PTV ( obstacle course )
We we thrilled to be announced as the winners of the L3 class as we haven't done L3 for a couple of years

Hope everyone else had a good weekend

rosiesowner

Visit site
Went to dressage with Chilli. 3rd in the prelim with 64.65%. I was pleased with her as I decided to try the infamous calming cookies for the first time. Fed her one the night before, one the morning of and one 45 mins before I got on as instructed by the lady on the phone. I was really sceptical but decided that for £8 for a little trial bag I might as well give it a go. She stood like an angel on the box for 45 minutes to wait for me to unload her, which is pretty much unheard of for her! Normally she paws, kicks and generally causes a racket till we let her off. When we unloaded to tack up she stood like a lamb eating her net and not trying to bugger off-again very unlike her usual self! She's normally very hot and tense in tests and gets very backwards. However yesterday she was actually rideable because I was able to get my leg on to send her forward without her taking that as an instruction to bugger off at high speeds.

So, I want to try them a couple more times to make sure that all that wasn't a fluke before I make a final verdict, but even my mum noticed a real difference in her behaviour! Of course, we have a photo!:

60058615_1210804889079156_3800378417178738688_o.jpg

muddy_grey

www.*******.com
Well done everyone ro interesting to hear about the calming cookies, my friend got some but hasn't used them yet. I keep refering to them as pot brownies.
I had a great lesson with my girl. She has gone a bit feisty recently, but she was pretty ridable. I feel slightly better about our first show since 2017 (tendon surgery) which is in 2 weeks!