Weekend plans :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Thursday again! What's everyone got planned this weekend?

I took Darcy to an evening clinic yesterday, it was only when I arrived that i realised i haven't taken him anywhere properly in the dark before, and he was quite lit up about the whole thing :oops: the owls were hooting and he was gawping out into the black while I was trying to wrestle the bridle on... oh well, first time for everything.
We started out on a low point because the school has an electric roller door which he absolutely freaked out about, but finished doing some green but obedient work and lots of third gear, which was the point of the outing ;)

Show on Saturday doing 2 prelims which we aren't really prepared for, but again, forcing us to do more cantering with other people around.

And then booked in again for another evening clinic next Weds. Kill or cure!
Kira is just pottering at home as usual.

Gawping!

82766746_3012264005451756_7914765320751939584_o.jpg

have fun all :)

milliepops

Visit site
Arena Eventing at Kelsall! Pooping myself a little bit...

Love the being forced to canter around other people, I 100% understand the anticipation of numptiness when 3rd gear is unleashed lol. I'm sure you will smash it though!
hope you both enjoy it :D
I don't canter enough at home because I'm too busy managing his spooking, so need to engineer things that make me crack on :p yesterday was good for that, I would normally have spent longer making him go better before letting rip but instructor wanted to see his canter so we just had to wing it. Good for both of us!

(also much easier to wing it when there's someone around to scoop you up if need be, rather than your frozen corpse being discovered the next morning :eek:)

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
hope you both enjoy it :D
I don't canter enough at home because I'm too busy managing his spooking, so need to engineer things that make me crack on :p yesterday was good for that, I would normally have spent longer making him go better before letting rip but instructor wanted to see his canter so we just had to wing it. Good for both of us!

(also much easier to wing it when there's someone around to scoop you up if need be, rather than your frozen corpse being discovered the next morning :eek:)

Yes having someone telling you to do stuff and being able to catch you/the horse always helps! Do you want us to start a message service in the evenings so if you don't answer we can send someone round to see if you've been lawn darted? :p

Last edited:

sportsmansB

Visit site
Yes AE, come to our flexi eventing on Sat!
I'm taking my horse for his first competitive outing since we turned our last event into a combined training exercise and gave him almost 3 months off after tweaking his check ligament.
@Fiona since this is my first week, I take it I'm allowed to just do dressage?!

I sound very confident about all this HOWEVER truck is in the mechanics so it is all dependent on getting it back in time...
Good luck everyone :)

Roxylola

Visit site
Good luck everyone.
Supercob is at a clinic with Andy Heffernan on sunday in somerford's technical arena as long as we've got on top of the tying up/pssm issues. The slightest hint of him being not right and we will be coming straight home though. Saturday therefore will likely be a quiet session - nice hack or something.
Then hes going straight to the vets for scoping on monday morning.
Personally I would cancel games but owner is keen to give him the opportunity on the basis that he loved it last time. We hacked yesterday and he was super so hopefully we're on the right track.

Scarlett

Visit site
Haven't posted in here for years, had lots of issues with my big lad that stopped us doing stuff.

However we have a new one arriving Sunday, a rising 5yo exracer, and my homebred is finally, at rising 7, tall enough to carry me happily having filled out a lot this last year. So I will actually be at the yard with horses I can work with. A weekend of pottering about the yard, trying rugs and tack on the new one and working with my little mare on the fact she doesnt need to go everywhere at 500mph is the plan.

DressageCob

Visit site
Good luck all. I'm just lessoning at home as usual.
I rode both ponies today and they were great. I'm starting to get the hang of softening and lengthening his neck, which makes the rest of him much looser and freer.

I'm also going to view a puppy tomorrow. Squeeeee! I hope I pass the breeder's test.

Wheels

Visit site
Good luck with all the flexi eventing, it is good fun! Although I've barely jumped since I hurt my hand last may, no mojo :( but will get back to it at some point.

We were supposed to be dressage Irelanding but its postponed so booked a lesson for saturday instead. Will hack on sunday. Show next week as long as we don't get snowed in lol

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I am sorry AE, that you are not joining us this weekend in the games.

For me, yesterday night's dressage lesson was fabulous. I am hiring an indoor on Sunday to try to replicate the work without someone on the ground to help. I may introduce some trot poles too.

Saturday I will probably hack, unless it is wild weather!

Good luck all you competing people.

Bernster

Visit site
What is flexi-eventing?!

Very exciting news Scarlett, I hope new boy works out.

MP I do sometimes wonder what would happen if I came a cropper up the yard as I tend to ride in the dark, in the evening, and sometimes after everyone else has ridden. Not been ejected yet I am pleased to say but I don't jump if there's no-one about (any excuse not to sj!).

Hacking Sat and he should hopefully be clear of the scabby skin he had from cellulitis. It cleared up pretty quickly and have just been dealing with the scaly skin since then. Which is kind of blurk but also kind of strangely satisfying rubbing off the scabby bits...:p Hopefully he'll be turned out soon. He's been an angel considering this is week 3 of no turnout, poor fella.

oldie48

Visit site
Well now we have unfrozen and gone back to grey and damp, I can get Rose out again. Actually she was reasonably amenable on Wednesday after having 4 days off because of the weather, so tomorrow I am schooling, lesson on Saturday and hopefully hacking on Sunday. I am really umming and aaring (undecided) if I should book into a showing clinic next weekend. Never really done any showing, don't know if I'd like it, but think it would be good for us both just to work around other horses just for a bit of fun and experience of doing something different. Would like your views!
AE, don't sulk it is most unbecoming and is the preserve of teenagers. Get better and come to AM to do the eventing course. I'll groom for you and we can drink loads of wine. If you are tee total, don't worry, I'll drink yours. MP will also probably come over if we ask her. Onwards and upwards!
Good luck to everyone who is out and about competing, I have just put my first comp in the 2020 diary and feel just a teeny bit anxious!

milliepops

Visit site
Bernster, Well I think OH would notice that I hadn't arrive home, because there would be no dinner. But it would depend on whether he'd gone to the pub or not really ?

milliepops

Visit site
Well now we have unfrozen and gone back to grey and damp, I can get Rose out again. Actually she was reasonably amenable on Wednesday after having 4 days off because of the weather, so tomorrow I am schooling, lesson on Saturday and hopefully hacking on Sunday. I am really umming and aaring (undecided) if I should book into a showing clinic next weekend. Never really done any showing, don't know if I'd like it, but think it would be good for us both just to work around other horses just for a bit of fun and experience of doing something different. Would like your views!
AE, don't sulk it is most unbecoming and is the preserve of teenagers. Get better and come to AM to do the eventing course. I'll groom for you and we can drink loads of wine. If you are tee total, don't worry, I'll drink yours. MP will also probably come over if we ask her. Onwards and upwards!
Good luck to everyone who is out and about competing, I have just put my first comp in the 2020 diary and feel just a teeny bit anxious!

I quite enjoyed doing veteran showing with millie though it was weird starting a new discipline as a total numpty ? I'm considering doing a bit with kira. Good idea :)

And yeah I'm totally up for a wine fuelled grooming sesh at AMD, I'll be cameraman too ?

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
And yeah I'm totally up for a wine fuelled grooming sesh at AMD, I'll be cameraman too ?

If you need an additional pony polisher, just shout ?

Oldie, def worth you taking her along to the showing clinic just for education. Its a very different kettle of fish as all trotting etc together, plenty of standing in line, all before you get to do individual show.

humblepie

Visit site
Oldie. Is that a TSR clinic. highly recommend if it is. Will be very friendly.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Well I'm not doing anything competitive, because I'm boring, but I did take my mare to do some work in an arena, schooling, circles, canter - all of which is a bit unusual at the moment given the wet ground and lack of an arena here...

82988755_1210036852538692_4109124804131422208_o.jpg

82833425_1210036945872016_788719324561932288_o.jpg

82845056_1210035129205531_7794082086968623104_o.jpg

Obviously I need to put my stirrups down about 6 holes and remember I'm meant to be schooling, but for a young ex-polocrosse, barrel racing, archery pony whose done about as much schooling as the average beach donkey, she's not all bad :)